Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESAY, JULY 7th)

Good Morning/Afternoon!  Another hot one here with a high of 105 predicted, and there is an excessive heat warning for the weekend.  Like Glenda, I am taking my walks earlier and earlier to avoid the excessive heat.  This morning wasn't too bad because there was a nice breeze.

Sorry some of you who prefer cool weather to start are having very hot weather.  You expect it in Arizona, but not necessarily other places.  DH's DD who lives in the Bay Area of California doesn't even have AC in her house, and usually doesn't have a problem with the lack of AC.

You are funny, Bernie.  One project can easily lead to another for me as well.  Hope you are okay with the garage door project, etc.

Do you have AC now Fressa?  I certainly hope so.  Also hope Glenda is doing okay at the dentist.  Like you, I am getting a hair cut tomorrow -- no shampoo or blow dry, wait in the car to be called, wear a mask, etc.  I certainly appreciate my hairdresser's caution about the virus.  Things continue to worsen in Arizona, particularly among younger people.

Today I plan to go to the ATM in the grocery store to get money for my haircut plus buy some bananas.  They ripen way too fast to buy a lot once a week. 

I had a nice talk with my friend Jo Ann yesterday, and she is hoping to move into the assisted living facility in a week or two.  She will need to quarantine in her room for at least a week, but she is prepared to do so.

I am not sure if I was clear, but I was happy with the rug from Wayfair that came in 3 days.  It is just the rug pad that never arrived.  Still, I don't think I will be ordering from them any time soon.

Hope Jean's PT goes well today, and everyone has a nice day.  Please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESAY, JULY 7th)

Hi Everyone!

Our A/C install yesterday went "ok". I liked the installers and they completed the work in one day. ( Originally I was told tht it could be two half days because our inside unit is in the attic over the garage). We had box fans and ice water for the men and they kept on working. It was another very hot day pushing 90 so it took until late evening to become cool. I do have some concerns that this unit might be undersized for our home. I had previously discussed that with the company rep. Regardless, we have cool air and will work with what we got.  Thanks you all for checking in on me. I appreciate it. 

I'm doing some laundry today and tomorrow I hope to pick up prescriptions. I want to take it slow this week to give my body a chance to recover from the heat and no a/c. I'm only running the Dyson once a week and that's a big deal. LOL I sure can have a good time here! 

Tonight I am cooking a "real" dinner.....stir fry chicken. I have 2 burners that work so that's all I need. I decided that I'm not rushing into buying a range because of a sale and I do need some time after paying for the a/c. I slept much better last night once I made that decision. I don't like to make big purchases and certainly not more than one at a time. 

The deer discovered they could get at the hosta from the other side of the new a/c unit and had dinner last night. I may just give up for this year. I'll have to check my nylon net supply and see if I have any left to wrap around the fencing. That will be a short project for an evening once it dips into the low 80's. 

Stay safe & comfy.

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--Thank you for starting the thread. Our high is supposed to be around 95 and was at 92 when I left PT. Thank you for clarifying the issue with Wayfair's rug delivery. A rug pad is a necessity! Continue to set a good example for us with your early morning walks.

Fressa--It is good that you were able to get the AC installed in one day. Hopefully it  is big enough to cool the whole house but if they had all the measurements, then you should be fine. The deer and other animals have a knack for finding their "vegetables," in the form of  your flowers.

Physical therapy went well, but was exhausting. Friday will be the evaluation day for a report for the orthopedic surgeon. She focused more upon strength today which meant holding that little handweight seemed heavier than it really was. Afterwards, I made a run to our local supermarket as it had strawberries and grapes on sale as well as coffee.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Linda L, I was walking at 6:15 this morning and it was already 78°.  We are going to be under a heat advisory tomorrow.  Good luck with your haircut tomorrow.  I am getting mine cut tomorrow too.  She will be masked & I will go in masked until she starts to cut it.  She said to come right in bc I will be the only customer there. She said that she will wash my hair.  My dental cleaning went well this morning after we finally got there.  We got caught up in road construction for 15 minutes and decided to turn around & go a different way.  I told my DH to speed and we got there 10 minutes late instead of 15 minutes early. I was a nervous wreck,  but they weren't quite ready for me.  A lot of extra cleaning due to the virus.

fressa, I am so glad that you have A/C.  Getting a new stove can wait until you find what you want.  I love my SS smooth top.  We had a kitchen flood  9 years ago next month while we were on vacation and had to replace our entire kitchen, all of the vinyl and carpeting in the liv/din rooms.  That's when we decided to get all new appliances and living room furn.  It was a lot of hot hard work,  but we love it.  

Jean, it seems like you are doing well with your PT.  I have always found PT to be very tiring.  I once spent two weeks at a hospital in the capitol city getting OT and PT learning how to walk & write again. Even with a few bumps in the road, I am so lucky.

It's too hot to go outside, so I am going to have a lazy afternoon.   This morning I was sitting on the porch reading a book & saw something that looked like a little green cabbage.  It was a little green tomato that a squirrel had nibbled on.  Arrrgh.  I found something that was chewed up and brown yesterday in the same spot.  I bet it was a dried out chewed up tomato.  

Hugs to all of you.