Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUES, JUNE 15)

Greetings, shopping friends. We are being blessed with a sunny and cooler day with no rain in sight. The area here has been "blessed" with three consecutive days of intense rain and storms. One individual posted that they had lived in a location for almost 40 years and never had their home to be threatened until this year. The water did get into their basement, but others were not as fortunate.

I didn't sleep last nght so after breakfast,I laid down and went to sleep which I needed. I csrawled out around 11am. One of the advantages of not working is that the available time can be used as needed for personal use. Tomorrow, I need to be in the city at 9:30am for a car appointment so I will leave here around 8am at the latest. A strange warning light came on, and the info in the owner's manual wasn't very helpful other than indicating the light could come and go and had something to do with emissisions. The service department, of course, said to bring it in for them to run a check.

Not sleeping last night, I used the time to discover clothes I had stored away for future use and had forgotten. It just reinforced the idea that I don't need clothes or accessories right now. Instead, my buying has psrimarily been for home or car, the latest being a tire inflator and caulk for some window use upon return from the trip.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUES, JUNE 15)

Good Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Glad you are having nice weather and were able to take a nap after not sleeping last night.  Sounds like you made good use of your sleepless night.  But, better to sleep.  Good luck with your car tomorrow.

I'm still contemplating some running shoes from Amazon, but still haven't placed the order yet.  For one thing, I'm going to the dentist today, and I am not sure how much that will cost.

My dental appointment was originally scheduled for last Friday, changed to this Friday, and then to today.  Hopefully, it will happen today.

Meanwhile, for the first time ever I received my lab work results the same day the tests were done.  This must be a result of their new computer system.  Anyway, I think everything looks good, but wait for comfirmation from my doctor when I see him on the 25th.

It is very hot here again today with a high of 111 expected. It was already pretty hot on my walk early this morning, and 100 or so when I had my hospice visit.  This was only the second visit, and the patient seems to have declined quite a bit in a week.  Very sad.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.   Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUES, JUNE 15)

Hello Jean and Linda and all who follow.  It's another beautiful day here in my part of Michigan.  It's Glenda and Bernie weather with sunshine, a breeze and cool temps.  I had all of the windows open until a few minutes ago - I actually got a chill in the house Woman Very Happy

JCP told me that I have another reward to use and I must have earned it at some event that I didn't know about.  I really need to check when that one expires.  I have clothes from the past 2 years that haven't been worn much so I really don't need anything.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise