Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSSDAY, MAY19th)

Good Evening!  I had a very busy day -- grocery shopping, hospice deliveries, gym, back to hospice (returning an unwanted box of supplies). Came home sweaty and sleepy -- too tired even to eat dinner until late.  Oh well.  I was also busy trying to obtain information about Bev and arrange to have or cancel the "caregivers" lunch she had planned for Saturday but cannot attend.

It turns out that Bev's favorite doctor (the one who has been very kind and attentive) had his own health issues. He had been in the hospital for some heart problems recently, and is still not back to normal in terms of surgery, etc.  Also, the hospital has had some technical issues so he has not been able to look at the ultrasound and some other test results.  She may need her gallbladder removed, and they are still trying to figure out where the bleeding is coming from, and what is causing the pain, etc.  She is on pain medication, but admits to being uncomfortable.  

I can't believe how difficult it has been to decide on the Saturday lunch, but it is a go.

Groceries were mostly more expensive.  As Fressa mentioned, the "sale prices" are still higher than the prices than in the past.  After reading about the problem the local food bank is having, I bought several extra items (peanut butter, cereal, canned vegetables, etc.) which made the total more than normal, but....   I don't want to even think about gasoline prices.

All my activities have made shopping here pretty much impossible, which is okay.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda