Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, SEPT. 26)

Good Morning/Afternoon!  Hope Jean's cardiologist appointment went well, and "all systems are go" for her procedure on October 1st. 

Welcome to Mirren -- hope you continue to post here, and are successful in curbing some of the impulse buys that tempt -- I think all of us have "been there, done that" as they say.  Sometimes I wish I didn't like to shop so much, but.....

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  I am back from the dentist and a quick stop to pick up some milk.  The dentist visit went okay, but they found some problems with the gum around one tooth (way in the back), and put some antibiotic in there to help avoid infection and possible problems with the tooth.  While the new hygienist was nice enough as was the new dentist, I am seriously thinking of changing dentist for my next visit (six months).  

I had made this appointment because the hygienist I really liked was supposed to be there, and there was no mention of her.  And, while there was nothing wrong with the dentist, I didn't appreciate the change with no explanation.  I asked, and they said they now have three dentists, and you get the one on duty at the time you come.  Just a little too impersonal for me.  Plus, they were pushing and pushing for my next appointment in six months, and didn't want to accept my wishes to call back later.  Not sure I'll change dentists, but it is looking more likely.

Dinner and visiting/chatting with the other "Caregivers"/widows was lots of fun yesterday evening. 

I plan to go to the gym later.  Nothing much else on my agenda.

Hope everyone has a nice day, and please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, SEPT. 26)

[ Edited ]

Hi Linda @LindaLatte   I think my dental office has 3 dentists.   I think I've seen the other two in the past couple of years after the hygienist is through with me and the dentist does the oral cancer check.  When it comes to actual work being done on me, I've been going there for so long, everyone knows automatically that Ellen does the work on me.  Final answer - don't even try to schedule me for one of the other two who I'm sure are nice people Woman Very Happy

I remember when my dentist's dad was alive and one of the two dentists that started the practice.  I remember when my dentist became a dentist, lol.

I don't think I would like my dental experience to be like Forrest Gump's box of chocolates, you know, you never know who you're gonna get that day to do the dental work.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Linda--Thank you for starting the thread. I really can appreciate your concern about the dental practice. There is a certain chemistry that can exist between the dentist and his/her client that can make a world of difference.

The appointment went well, and I'm more or less ready for the procedure on Tuesday. I didn't spend any unnecessary time in the city as my cat was not behaving his normal self this morning and hadn't eaten yesterday or this morning. I was concerned and decided I needed to get back. He is still not eating.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Jean @KonaKat   I'm sorry that Midnight is not eating and I'm sending good thoughts his way and yours.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise