Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, SEPT 19)

[ Edited ]

Good Morning!  I saw on FB that Jean finally got some rest last night -- great news.  Glad your DH's insulin was okay, twinny.  Sounds like you are having a great time.

I am trying not to beat myself up too much, but I really didn't accomplish much yesterday.  I did go through my travel stuff (not clothes, but cosmetics, OTC medicines, etc.) and threw out quite a few things.  Also made another apple cake that I plan to take into the adult day services or senior lunch program this afternoon.  

My Fitbit was really odd this morning.  It worked as far as the steps go, but the active minutes was crazy.  First, it didn't record any steps at all, then it said I had more active minutes than I did (based on my usual pattern).  Got home, and it had a realistic number.  I have pretty much decided it will not be going to Italy with me -- might go back to a regular watch and possibly a pedometer.

I plan to go to the gym this morning, and I have a Caregivers meeting and possible coffee gathering this afternoon.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day, and please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

ETA -- I am thinking about taking my Kindle on the trip rather than try to carry books.  Jean -- have you had good luck with this?  Years ago I took an e-reader (not Kindle) with me on a trip, and it would not work for a few days.  I plan to download plenty of books before I go (not trying to do so on the trip), but I want to make sure that I will be able to read them.

Trusted Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, SEPT 19)

Hello Ladies, not  much going on here past few days.... the weather has been beautiful....but it was 48 this morning...... this weekend the heat and humidity are supposed to come back....we had our pool closed Monday! oh well.

Sounds like Twinny is having a nice vacation.....I guess if you take your kindall Linda it will free up a lot of room in  your bag.

Not much else as I said......I will be making Italian wedding soup for supper tonight,first sign of a chill in the air,  I make soup.....Haha.         Have a nice day everyone, Marijane

Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, SEPT 19)

Hello, it's supposed to warm up into the low 80's for a couple of days and then we're expecting thunderstorms.  Low 80's isn't bad, unless the humidity from the thunderstorm arrives first Woman Wink

Since it's cooler today with a light breeze I decided that today would be the best day to cut the grass.

I just finished the front yard and will be going in the backyard once I finish my glass of water.

I just looked out of the office window upstairs and I can see that some of trees in the neighborhood are starting to change color.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise