Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, SEPT. 10)

Good morning, shopping friends, I didn't sleep well again but have been doing odds and ends around the house. I am one of those AADD people or Adult Attention Deficit Disorder people. I mgiht have a goal in mine but on the way to acomplish something, I may spot something and decide to take time to take are of it. As I do that, I spot something else and do it. When all this is done, my original goal may never have been accomplished. I'm bad about this if interrupted by a phone call, etc. and lose tradk of what I was doing. It is also called getting old. 

I also don't have a lot of energy this week from not sleeping well, but I did force myself to get in an hour of exercise. I also have to force myself to go to the Post Office today to pick up a package. My DB coat is somewhere, but when I click on the tracking status, I get "Something Went Wrong! Contact Customer Service." 

The Window Bird Feeder said it helped to attract birds faster if bird seed was sprinkled on ground near feeder. OK, I have tried that but no more. It attracted a wee beastie that I don't care to have around the house. That makes something else to tackle.

Locally, the virus is getting more active after months of very little cases. Our state once ranked near the top with the low rate of spread; now it has the fastest rate of spread and we are on the black list for NY and CT as people needing 14 day quarantine if going there. 

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely; if you venture out, do so safly.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, SEPT. 10)

Good Afternoon. I didn't sleep well last night either. Here in SLC we had Hurricane force winds two nights ago and I was up and down all night checking my 50 year old trees to make sure none were blown over. Thank heavens  we were spared . The rest of the city had hundreds of trees up rooted and blown over, some were 100 years old. That breaks my heart. Thousands still without power. Last night was suppose to be the same be it was alot calmer. But I  was up and down again. I'm going to take a P.M. tonight. Maybe that might help you.

Sorry didn't mean to ramble. The reason I'm posting is I wouldn't put seed on the ground. It will attract mice and rats. I strongly advise anyone to get some type of bird seed catcher to put under your feeders.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sweetee2 Thanks for the info. I am a novice at this and didn't think about the other wee beasties. I am so sorry about the high winds and the loss of beautiful trees. You were fortunate in many ways. I may do Advil PM tonight but I try not to use it too often. Please post whenever you can!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

It's sunny and hot today but manageable. I have been doing bits and pieces of chores watching for Fed-Ex for the last box of light bulbs. No luck .....so far. My foot and ankle are still swollen but it varies during the day and night. I was all over the web to see if I could find some info. I've had this before and I thought it was a bad inhaler ro dehydration. I checked my mediction and now am trying to increase my fluid intake. It  might be connected to my kjnee because it's all on the reconstructed leg. 
Fingers crossed that it starts to improve a bit more by tomorrow.

KomKat--I had a "situation" with unwanted critters when I used seed so I switched to suet cakes. We live next to the woods so there's all kind so creatures I'd rather not see. I've had good luck with those pest sensors (plug in, solar and battery). It sends them back into the woods. I think it took almost a month for the little birds to find our feeder. We have woodpeckers and others that stay year round. Be patient and don't give up.

This has not been my most productive week but I am having good progress with that stack of paperwork with those odd bits that need attention. I can almost see my desk calendar. YIPPEE! 

I did pick up prescriptions yesterday and just a few items. Tomorrow I have to go to the card store and cross my fingers that the mail delivery is quick over the weekend. The kid's anniversary "snuck" up on me this year. I kept thinking that I had two more days before panic mode. WRONG.

Tonight I'm making stir fry for dinner. (at least my version of it). Last night I made a huge chef's salad because I wanted ice cream for dessert. LOL 

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Fressa--Sorry you continue to have problem with the swelling. Have you tried soaking in a solution of water and Epsom salts? You may not have been your best this week but you still managed to get things done.

Focus upon the positives; some things done are better than none. I know some don't think those electronic things can keep pests away, but I have found in the past that they did at that time. I do know that I used that Tom's product Bernie discussed and apparently said critter was not affected by it. I need to check out those eleectronic gizmos again. I do have suet cakes, so that is a good suggestion.

I went to town to get the mail which contained packages. They are still in the car. I just didn't have the energy at  that time to bring them in.

ETA: I got my DB coat, which is a winner, plus an item from Amazon.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Sorry you didn't sleep well again last night.  I think it is a pretty common problem.  I did better than the night before, but I had to use a heating pad for my shoulder that was really aching for some reason.

Like you, I distract myself a great deal.  I don't remember having this problem when I was younger.

Like you and @sweetee2 , I have found those plug in pest repellents helpful.  The ones I bought here years ago gave up the ghost, but I was able to find a good substitute on Amazon.  Probably a good idea not to spread the seed on the ground.

Wonder where your DB coat went.  I received a notice that my SG pants had gone astray, but they came when predicted.  They were fine by the way.

Sorry about your leg swelling, Freesa. Hope that goes away.  Also hope you are able to get the card and it makes it quickly. 

I have not been to "my" Hallmark card store since March.  Mainly because it is a smallish store filled with stuff other than cards.  The past few times I went there, there was a shortage of cards, which was strange.  Anyway, I have tried other places like Wal Mart and the grocery store, and found that most of the cards are not as nice, and are the same very high price.  I looked at both places today, and no card that appealed even slightly was less than $5.95.  So, I bravely went to the Dollar Tree store, and found Hallmark cards for $1.00 each.  They had 50 cent ones as well, but they were smaller.  Anyway, I bought five cards for the price of one (including tax).

It was very cool last night, and only 55 degrees when I started my walk.  That is 20 degrees or more cooler than we have had recently.  It is only supposed to make it to 90 degrees today, which is also nice.  The heat is expected to return this weekend, but over night lows may only be in the upper 60's most days.  

My grocery store/Wal Mart shopping went fine, and I also picked up at DVD at the library (you call ahead and they have them ready for pick-up.) 

I plan to do a Leslie Sansone exercise DVD soon. 

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone sleeps well and stays safe.  Prayers for those in the path of fires, storms, and wind.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Hello all, it's been cooler (which I don't mind) and overcast (which is getting old already) for the past few days.  Even the local weather forecasters are getting antsy and including comments about when we might see the sun again.  

I keep watching for the UPS delivery truck because I received an email that the third and final item from an August 18th order will be delivered today.

It's a door window insert that has double panes of glass with blinds in between.  That's right....another household project Woman Very Happy

I hesitate to write that installation is a piece of cake because that's what I thought about the cooktop and we saw how that went.  I'll take before and after pictures.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise