Respected Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, SEPT. 10)

Bernie, I've fallen in love with more boots. Are you sure you don't need a black pair? <evil grin>

Honored Contributor

Twinny, maybe, if you've had A/C on alot, the lack of humidity in the house could have dried out your nostril.  I'm glad it stopped - a nosebleed out of the blue is disconcerting (lol). 

So is the reunion just one night, tomorrow or are they making a weekend out of it?  I didn't go to any of mine, but I did go to my DH's 40th.  I was 40 at the time (wink, wink) and was on the receiving end of some looks.  I didn't let it bother me.

Navy slacks are a good idea.  They don't scream summer (it is September after all) and they are a nice change of pace from black.  You will look beautiful no matter what you wear.

Kathleen is sounds like a good time is on the horizon for you.  Thanks -i  am now thinking about a black pair of boots - you naughty enabler (lol).

I came home and found the notice on my door about the construction beginning on my side of the street on Monday 9-14.  I'm going to have to remember to park my car on the street Sunday night, which might have me walking the floors (lol).  They did say the car needs to move by 7 am on Monday, so maybe I'll keep her in the garage Sunday night and move the car to the street when I get up at 6:30 am.  My poor baby - she's parked in a garage but has never been left at the curb.  The two weeks are going to be long for me.  The note also says rain could delay the process and of course, we are expecting rain over the weekend.  Just watch, after the dry spell, SE Michigan will get a monsoon (is that the word for the rainy season)?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

I received my fringey bare traps boots.  Ahh, the ecstasy and the agony.  I love the boot.  I wish I would have followed my first mind and ordered it in my regular 8 1/2.  Instead I paid attention to a review that it was narrow and sized up to a size 9.  When I opened the box I said, wow, I ordered a boot, not a boat!

Tried twice to get ahold of Bonton customer service to arrange the exchange in sizes since an outright exchange is not an option on the form that accompanied the boats, I mean boots.

I didn't realize Carsons is under the Bonton umbrella until I looked for stores.  Instead of paying them $9 to return the boot, I called Carsons, a mere  5 miles away from me and learned they will take the Bonton merchandise returns. 

Not wanting to miss out on my boots, I placed an online order for a size 8 1/2.  I will return the first pair this weekend so when it is all said an done, there will be one charge I am responsible on my Amex.

I'm almost afraid to open my JCP package (lol).

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Very busy day, but I wanted to respond to Marijane before I forget. The new doctor has our records, but he doesn't feel he can fill out the form since he has never even seen us. That makes sense. DH's granddaughter is doing quite well. Not back to normal, but I saw her back-to-school photo, and no brace. I was very happy to see that, and her Mom says she is doing well. I think my bicep problem was probably due to all the cabinet loading and unloading rather than weights, Barbara. But I did notice a twinge when I used one of the machines at the gym today. Maybe I need a fitbit rather than my pedometer, Kathleen. I almost always walk 10,000 steps or more, but the pedometer usually says something like 4 miles or so. Maybe I have set it incorrectly, but..... Sorry those boots were too big, Bernie. Hope the smaller size is better. I like those boots you ordered, Kathleen. Hope you have fun at the reunion, twinny. Very happy you enjoyed your class so much Arlene. Thanks to Jean, I plan to start watching the new season of Longmire this evening. Sleep well everyone.