Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, OCTOBER 12)

Good Morning, Ladies! 

Really like your new car, Bernie.  Very pretty, and I know you have great experience with the brand.  I was curious about how you would pay for the car given that you just paid off the mortgage.  Your plan to put down most of the cost and pay off the zero percent loan before it is due sounds like a great plan.  When I need a new car (hopefully not too soon), I hope to do the same.

Hope Jean is feeling better, and work is good today.

Those fires in CA continue to be horrible.  Really hope they can get a handle on them, and there is no more loss of life.

DH was in a good mood yesterday, and the caregivers told me that they are trying out a new type of diaper along with a cream that they hope will help with the "bed sores".  He was pretty sleepy, but I guess that is just normal these days.  

My OLLI class on the media was very interesting, and I was able to pick up my new eyeglasses.  I like them, and I hope they work well for me.  On impulse, I decided to see if I could get my hair cut, and I did so.  Not a usual time for me, and it seems like a good time since the shop was not crowded at all.  So, I accomplished more than I expected to yesterday.

No big plans for today, but I will be going for a walk, the gym, and I plan to visit DH in the afternoon when the hospice nurse should be visiting.

Still hot and dry here (highs in the low 90's), but it is nice and cool at night and in the morning.  Looking forward to turning off the AC, but it is still needed now.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Trusted Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, OCTOBER 12)

Good morning everyone!  Linda thanks for getting us started.  Sorry to hear that your DH is developing bed sores, hope that clears up soon.  How nice that you're taking classes that interest you.  Jean - let's hope that the sore throat goes away and doesn't become a cold.  Rest when you can.  How much does it look like Autumn there?  Bernie - I think your new car looks beautiful, and I think it's perfectly fine to feel sad about saying goodbye to the Camero.  

After feeling physically blech for a week, the past two days have been pretty good.  My MD even wrote me a prescription for Nexium (rather than purchase over-the-counter) which is going to save me about $40 a month.  Hey, I'll take a savings.  The good thing about feeling yucky is that I didn't go shopping.  At least not for the usual offenders.  I did order a 25 lb. bag of dryland pasture seed for goats (surprisingly expensive).  We're going to mix that with some milo and oat seeds (which are cheap) and actually plant our field this year, as we just had someone come with a tractor and plow it.  Hopefully we get enough rain to make it grow.  

I'm leaving for Bible study in a bit.  We're having a potluck today.  I signed up for a casserole, but instead, I purchased frozen pre-made meatballs and will bring them in a cocktail sauce.  It seems easy enough.  If it goes over well, I'll do that again in the future.  

I too, am feeling bad for the people in the paths of the wildfires.  I'm in danger of becoming desensitized to people's plights, because the news tends to be so unrelentingly bad.  I don't want to be that way - I want to remain empathetic towards people.  And with that I will give a big wave and "hello" to all of our readers, and hope that you have a blessed day!  ~  Charlene

Honored Contributor

Hi Linda @LindaLatte   When I bought the Versa that I drive now in 2010, I put $10k down on it and did the rest 0% for 3 years. 

The way I manage my credit card debt has not changed at all in the last decade.  I have higher limits and don't carry a large balance over from month to month.  I pay the entire amount due a few days before the due date.  I clawed my way out of debt little more than a decade ago and I swore I would never put myself in that position again.

So after I paid the house off, my Fico score dropped 15 points.  The reason was that I have no regular recurring loan or some bull like that. 

I'm financing that car with a smallish car payment just to see if it does something favorable for my Fico.

Clearly I need some hobbies and better ways to spend my time instead of trying to out maneuver Fico, rofl.

I'm glad your beloved was in a good mood and that you are satisfied with your new glasses and hairdo.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Good afternoon ladies, hope all is well.

Linda -  Thank you for starting is today.  Sorry to hear about DH's bedsores, l hope they find a solution for the problem.   Please send some of your fine weather this way.  We are having a very dull, foggy, rain sometime day here.  I don't mind rain, but it needs to get sunny now.   

You got a lot done yesterday, we got grocery shopping done today.  I won't be home tomorrow, so need to get some stuff done today.

Charlene -  Hope you are feeling  better soon.   Enjoy your Bible study today.  

Bernie -  Your car looks great, love the color.   Drive safely.

The weather is yucky, and I really don't feel like doing much.  Guess I will at least try to clean up a couple things out of my spare bedroom.  It is looking scarey in there.

Hope everyone has a great afternoon.

Honored Contributor

Hey Charlene @cerb

I took time last night after I put my birds to bed and took a bath to take the personal things out of the old Camaro.  I'd forgotten how much roadside assistance stuff I had in the trunk - blankets, jumper cables, kneeling pad, socket wrench (yea I change my own tires).  I photographed the inside and outside of the car.

My husband and I had a ladybug thing.  On his driver side visor, he had a ladybug tack pin.  I was doing okay looking and touching every single part of that car until I looked up at the visor - then came the tears.

It's a t-roof and I found the sunshade things that we never used, still in the original wrapper.  I put those in the trunk.  I also made sure that I left the key for the wheel lock in the cup holder.

I left the ladybug on the visor.  I am driving my Versa to and from work.  I have Cricket's keys in my handbag so I will stop off at home, park the Versa in the garage and back the Cricket out and head off to the dealer.

I will take the ladybug off of the visor before I go in.  I'll put the ladybug on my new car visor :-)

I'm sorry you have been feeling blech.  I have a fairly high tolerance to pain - I have no tolerance for stomach or digestive issues.  I turn into a 5 year old.

The meatballs in sauce sound good. 

Honored Contributor

Hey @PAlady  We've had some cooler rainy weather for the past couple of days.  I kept saying we need rain so now I can't complain, lol.

Honored Contributor

Hi everybody,

Had some rain this morning and now the temp is 61, that's fine with me!

Image result for have a nice day fall pics

Esteemed Contributor

• Linda  L, yes, those fires are terrible.  I am sorry that your DH has bed sores. Hopefully the new cream will clear things up.  I am glad that your Olli classes are interesting.  Good job on getting a spur of the moment haircut.  I got a haircut on Tuesday also & I am now looking for a new sa!on.  My stylist for 30+ years is retiring. The A/C is off & we have had some windows open.

CERB, I am glad that you are feeling a bit better.  Saving $$$ on a prescription is always nice. Have fun at Bible Study & the potluck.  

Meallen, nice graphic. We got some rain this week, but we could use more.  I am loving the 60's.  My kind of weather.

Bird Mama, beautiful car.  One of my friends bought a new Nissan last year & loves it.  I am sorry to hear about the tears while you were getting ready to trade the other car in.  FICO scores sound like a game to me.  

Susan, good job on getting your grocery shopping done so that you can enjoy the outing tomorrow.  Good luck with cleaning your spare bedroom.  

My DH & I got our flu shots this morning at Walgreen's.  We were in & out in about 10 minutes.  Then I did a bit of grocery shopping.

It is cloudy & a bit drizzly, but we are heading for the hot tub.  Supper is leftover stew in the crock pot.

I am having a lazy afternoon. I cleaned house good yesterday morning & then we went to see our favorite polka band. Supper was at our favorite Italian restaurant.  I get my next infusion tomorrow morning.

marijane, did you hear me rooting for your Yank's?

Jean, I hope that you are feeling better.  

Hugs to all of you.