Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, OCTOBER 1)

Good Morning/Afternoon!  I can't believe it is October -- yikes!   

I'm planning to do my strong bones workout at home this morning since I'll be in class all afternoon, and I don't want DH to be alone so much.  He gets very bored, and I can't take him with me to class.  Next Thursday, a friend will be here in the afternoon while I'm in class, so I won't feel too bad about leaving him alone in the morning.

I'm so excited and hopeful about the day care he starts next week.  Prayers and good wishes are most appreciated.

It was nice and cool here this morning, but they are predicting another hot day here -- 100 degrees or so.  Even for this area, this is above average.  But, the weekend should be cooler.

I've been busy re-doing my budget since I know that they are planning to raise things like property tax, recreation fees, water, health insurance, etc.  I try to make sure that I don't get caught/surprised by such increases.  Don't know if that makes much sense, but.....

The TSV sheets look comfy, but I already have warm sheets, and I won't be needing them for a while.  So, no TSV for me.  Anyone purchasing them?  

Need to get moving now.

Waves to Jean (working), Kathleen, Arlene, twinny, Bernie, snicks, Marijane, Susan, LindaR, Barbara, Charlene, Rosa, Karen, Gayle, pinky ann, and all of our posters and readers.

Have a nice day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, OCTOBER 1)

Hello everyone, thanks for starting us off today LL. I am hoping for the very best with the daycare for your DH starting next week. It's good to be proactive with upcoming increases in bills rather than reactive. I am doing the same with all the medical bills that will be coming in, even with insurance I know I will have quite a bit to pay myself, MRI's are not cheap, now they want me to see a neurologist also re: the weakness in my legs. If I can somehow build up some strength before the apptmt (Dec), I may cancel it. No TSV for me, we have plenty of sheets. Just doing a bit of this & that so far today. I noticed the other day a few nails sticking out a little on our privacy fence around the pool, so I went around and hammered all the nails back in, even the ones they so far weren't sticking out, just for good measure, lol. Then I used craft glue to tack down the cover of the platform for the dogs' steps to get on the bed, it had come loose...those type of things. Getting ready to run a couple errands now, then make dinner, that's about it for me today, unless something else crops up. Have a great day everyone. Waves...
"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

OH, HOW I HATE THIS NEW BOARD!!!!  I just went through a dozen or so attempts to sign in, and it kept coming back to the sign-in page.  I finally closed the tab and reopened an old page, and for some reason, that worked - I was signed in as soon as I clicked on it. Fortunately, I don't trust this system, so I copied my message...

Hi girls!

It's an icky, rainy (but warm) day - no chance of doing any yard work today...not that I was really planning to, but now I have an excuse.  Cat Wink

I got the bed changed yesterday, and two loads of laundry done, but was too tired to
"play" with my purse collection. Now that the fall shows have started again I've been watching my favorites on-line in the evening via the CBS app - NCIS (three of them), CSI, Criminal Minds, and Scorpion. 

The play is tonight; I want to leave an hour early to make sure I get on-street parking around the corner, because I don't want to have to walk a mile or so to park in a shopping center.  Parking is something I refuse to pay for (unless it's a quarter at the meter and I have no choice), particularly when I've already paid to see an event or am patronizing a business.  In Chattanooga several of the public parks require you to pay for parking - are they kidding?  Like they don't take enough for taxes?  Cat Mad  Anyway, the performances are always excellent, so I'm looking forward to it.

LindaL, don't get discouraged if DH doesn't like the day care the first couple of times.  In the beginning my aunt hated it (She said it was for "old people" - she's 90!), but now she really looks forward to it. Once he makes friends he'll be fine, and the break will be great for you.

I took some ground beef out of the freezer and bought a head of cabbage last week. I'm not in much of a cooking mood, but need to make stuffed cabbage. 

Guess I'll check in on my website and putz around a bit; I have to figure out what I'm going to wear tonight.

Hi to everyone - have a blessed day!

Valued Contributor

Good afternoon!

Linda praying for you and your DH.

We are slammed here at work, we have ahd heavy ,heavy rain and are expecting more starting Friday.  Lots of claims. Phone ringing off the hook.

No TSV for me, I am not sure about those sheets, I could use another set of sheets but I do not think these are it.

I hope that everyone one is well.

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--Thank you for starting the thread. Prayers, indeed, that the daycare for DH works out well. Reworking a budget is a must when expenses increase from inflation, etc. It is hard when the income is fixed and never increases with inflation.

Snicks--You are being so active in getting things done around the house. I think most of us should take care of things when we first notice they need t be done instead of waiting, etc. People who do not have to deal with many medical expenses have no idea how much these costs are escalating.

Arlene--The stuffed cabbage sounds like a great option; I like it as well as stuffed peppers. I do hope you enjoy the play. Parking is always a problem at popular activites, so it is a good idea to leave early to find a good spot to park.

Rosa--I do hope you are spared flooding from this deluge that is coming. We have had continued rain for over two days but tomorrow is expected to be heavy but not as bad as in your area. Accidents seem to escalate at a time such as this because drivers underestimate the distance needed to stop on rain slick roads, or because of hydroplaning, etc. I remember driving up I-79 in a heavy rain and saw a driver hydroplane, at which time he sailed through the air across the median and landed on the other lanes.

I understand the TSV is a sheet set. I haven't seen it but I don't need a new warm set as I bought a couple of sets on clearance last Spring.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Hello friends!  Linda, I am very happy for you and keeping you two in my prayers.  I guess SIL is doing much better now too?  I did some financial accounting this morning as well, and then DH called and told me another unpleasant fact about his company.  Nothing terrible, just another strike against them.  So I am looking at our options and we will need to do some soul searching and probably job hunting.

I was pretty upset but was running errands.  Called my Mom and whined then got on with it.  I went to Ross and TJMax looking for a ball gown.  I have a black lace one that is almost exactly like the one I wore last year (this one is fit and flare though instead of sheath) but would like something with a little bling if I can find it cheaply.  I found one that was very pretty.  Took a pic, sent to a couple friends to see, and they replied to buy it.  It was $120 so I was not going to spend, but the lady told me if I opened a credit card I would get $40 off, plus 15% and she gave me another $5 off in the end.  So I was very happy.  And felt like it was my Creator, saying not to freak out, just be wise and enjoy the ride. 

Respected Contributor

Jean, everyone around here thought the health care would be free.  Of course I don't have the answer to rising health care costs or insurance... I just remember wondering why everyone thought it would be such a great thing.  It's not a GREAT thing, just different.  We all end up paying.

I hope all our friends on the East Coast stay safe and don't go flipping over medians!  No flooding either!  One thing I have noticed in Texas is that bad weather seems to bring out the best in people. 

I am very happy with the sheet set I got DH from Kohl's for his birthday.  So, don't need any sheets for a good long while.  My friends in Macedonia are coming to stay at our house next month.  I will need to go home and make sure the room is ready for them.  I am missing home just a bit anyway, but no plans to go anytime soon. 

Honored Contributor

Hi LindaL - thanks for starting the thread today.  Would it be okay if I referred to DH's new destination as the 'club'?  I will say prayers that your DH likes the people and activities there.  It's chilly here and I am not minding one bit.  I don't need any new sheets so the TSV isn't moving me.

Snicks - I'm sorry they want you to see another doctor.  Did they check your thyroid?  You could always try some squats.  Sometimes I'll have one hand on the kitchen sink and squat like I am picking something up off of the floor and then stand up.  Maybe if you try with a chair or something to assist you in the beginning.

Arlene - sorry the new forum continues to give you problems.  I forgot about the premieres for a couple of shows but will stick a note on the fridge so I don't miss Madame Secretary this Sunday.  Have fun at the theater.

Rosa - Are you in insurance? 

Jean - I tend to sleep in regular sheets.  Because I sleep in yoga pants and long sleeved tees, if I get cold, I usually put on a hoodie (lol).

If my email is to be believe - JCP sent my order out today. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Kathleen - Is your DH's new job not working out?  Forgive me if you mentioned it in a previous thread and I missed it.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Bernie, there are just a few things that he isn't happy with.  None of them are dealbreakers and he is happier than he was at the last 2 places - but one more nail in the coffin has me questioning today.

Love the "club" reference - really dislike the other term.  At home, several people call the AA meeting place "the lodge" and that works for us.  Bernie, you are a sweetheart!