Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, OCT. 6)

Marijane--Great that Matthew isn't affecting you in any way. Those Sketchers TSV boots are great; I'm somewhat disappointed I didn't order the chestnut also...but there is always another time and another boot.

Linda--I do hope DH is doing better when you return to visit this afternoon. The caregivers meeting likely serves as a support group so I do hope you are able to attend as well as keeping yourself healthy via the gym.

I'm being somewhat lazy so I think I will discover my Kindle and start another book for an hour or two.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Marijane, we want to leave the 20th or so - and take our time getting out there.  Siri says a day and a 8 hours.  Smiley Very Happy  lol  We want to go to Vegas and spend a day or two with oldest DD there. His Gson's birthday is next week.  We plan to spend Thanksgiving there too this year.

DH has never lived anywhere but CO for a while and NM in the service.  It will be interesting, but they say no ice or freezing for long in that area. I've plans to buy a fireplace for our little rv as soon as I get it home. 

Trusted Contributor

Kathleen ,my best friend since before kindergarten  (another Brooklyn girl) lived out in the Seattle area for years,I had visited her many times , as she did me here in Ct and also,Maine,always said she just wore a sweater during the winters..once and awhile they had snow but didn't last very long .  ALso the sun did shine!!!! 

JEan all the Sketchers I have gotten over the years have been very comfortable.....maybe not the top fashion  in style but they work for me!!

Trusted Contributor

Jean..I also did not realize the chestnut color one had the animal print on the "fur" ..guess I did not see it presented live..just ordered it from my advanced s/v email.   THinking about that one now,not even sure if it's available.

Honored Contributor

@Rock_chick

Kathleen, I suppose I could go through past threads and research it, but I'm at work and don't wanna get fired, lol.

Are you leaving your new job?  Are you moving? 

As usual I'm lost.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Hello everyone,

It was warm enough to wear a lighter fabric pant and my peep toe shabooties, lol.  Just can't let go of the heels, he he he.

It's calmed a little down at work.  It tends to be psycho on Mon-Wed for what I do regarding lead reviews of the team's work.

They pay me - which for me is the bottom line. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Just in case anyone is still up --

DH was much better today.  What a relief.  He had "slumped down" to the floor yesterday evening, and it took three people to get him up.  But, today the caregivers followed the hospice nurse's advice about how to handle DH -- calm. cool, and one-on-one.  There is a "newish" caregiver there who is very loud, and I think she must have triggered some of DH's upset.  The nurse spent time with the caregiver and DH this afternoon, and she reminded them to call if there were any problems (like falling, etc.)  I'm so happy he is more back to normal and doing fine.

Bernie -- Kathleen's DH got a new job in the Seattle area, so they are moving (and Kathleen left her job).  It sounds like it wasn't a very good fit for her in any case.

Honored Contributor

@LindaLatte, so glad to hear DH is much better today.
"To each their own, in all things".
Trusted Contributor

so happy to hear your DH is  doing so much better today Linda!