Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, OCT. 31)

Happy Halloween to all Woman Very Happy

I don't know if any kids will be out and about in the neighborhood tonight.  When the forecast for heavy downpours didn't change as of last night I knew I was not making a run for personal sized chip type snacks.

When I first moved into the neighborhood, so many of us handed out treats on Halloween.  Over the years there are less and less of us participating.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

We  have been under a severe storm and tornado alert. A couple of school systems were sheltering in place and sending the students home by bus after the storm, etc. was predicted to pass through that area. Our system just cancelled all the after school activies but released on the usual time as the storm timing seemed to permit that. We have freeze warnings out for tonight.

Linda--I am very proud of your DIY efforts. Enjoy your newcomers' lunch. Your decorating takes into account the safety of animals.

Twinny--That is unreal that people would try to force themselves in a house for treats of any kind. Town parties are safer.

Fressa--I'm sure you will find the right type of scented candles.  I do shopping online at Kohls and then pick it up in the store. Sorry about the migraine.

Bernie--It doesn't sound as if the weather will be supportive of trick or treating.I hear more about adults having Halloween parties for themselves.

Just watching the news. The county in which they sheltered in place because of the storm was hard hit with trees down on highways as well as the streets in the city. It was just dark and windy here with a continuing large amount of rain. Some said they had lost electricity in the rural areas, possibly from a downed tree somewhere.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Jean, it sounds like a good thing that you didn't have to go to work today.  It's too bad trees were blown down.  Our snowstorm wasn't bad & it melted on the road and driveway.  We have good snow plow drivers  most of the time.  Now the sun is shining.