Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, OCT 28)

Hi Everyone!

It's finally sunny and cool with zero rain in the forecast. YIPPEE! We've had heavy rain for the last four days. There have been township construction/sewer/water trucks all over our little street. I always get nervous when I see workman with day glow vests checking sewers and trying to find property lines. Crossing my fingers.

Hopefully, I'll finally get to the store for groceries and prescriptions. I wa swaiting on the one prescription to be filled as they were waiting on a new supply. I got tht text last night.

I'm hoping the lines aren't too long at either checkout. Hoping for the best.

The prices of apples and beef have increased this week. $5 per honeycrisp apple/ $19/lb for beef tenderloin. Some other produce (salad supplies) are averaging $2 increase from the previous price. It should be interesting to see if the canned goods are still reasonable. Bread prices were up $1.50-$2 a loaf.

I was glad to hear that Jean is feeling a bit better. Good news.

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, OCT 28)

Fressa, its been raining all day, but we had a few very nice days.  Good luck with your rx's.  My dh & I got our  flu shots 2 weeks ago on Tuesday with only a minor sore arm.  We have appts on Nov. 18 for our booster shots.  I bought honey crisp apples and pears for 99¢ a lb.  two weeks ago.  Today they were quite a bit more expensive.  I did get 4 cans of Progresso soup for $5.00 this morning.  All kinds were available.  Usually it's the ones that we don't like.  I am also glad that Jean is feeling better.

It's been a hectic week.  My dh has been to the optometrist 3 times in two weeks as he can't see with his new lenses.  They are going to order new lenses as he just got these in May.  We have no idea when they will come in.

On Tuesday, we took a nice road trip.  Yesterday, it was my bf's birthday, so I took her out for lunch.  She was recently widowed and her dd's are celebrating with her today.  She just bought a new dice game "For-Get-It", so it was fun playing a game that doesn't require 4 people.  She injured her foot and is on crutches.  To top things off, one of her dgs's got hit at work by a guy operating an end loader this morning.

I have been to the gym twice this week and plan to go tomorrow.   It's still not crowded.  Our membership ended on Tuesday, so we signed up for another year for $175 a couple.  It's a good deal as it's only a two minute drive and gets me out of the house when I don't go on my walk.

My dh's Mom fell yesterday morning and was found by his brother after lunch.  She went for xrays.  Now a decision needs to be made again to see if she can stay in her apt.  

This morning my dh had to make the dreaded yearly phone call to take care of our IRA withdrawal acct which we have had to do the last few years.  The guy was very hard to understand, so I am glad it's done for another year.  Last year we didn't have to do it.  

Thank goodness I have leftovers in the crock pot for dinner and I'm going out for lunch tomorrow with a couple of my former co-workers.  

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda

Esteemed Contributor

Fressa--Thank you for starting the thread. It has been a while since I have been shopping for groceries as I am well stocked but I am preparing for sticker shock.

This has left me very tired. I went to bed to read half way through Susan Graver and slept for four hours. I did order a pair of SG pants that were shown today. I set up the new phone yesterday. I like it but it will take time to get used to it. It has 128gb of memory and great cameras which I hope to be able to try out someday.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening! Glad no rain for you today, Fressa.  It was sunny here today -- started off cool/cold (40's), but made it up to the mid 80's.  That suits me.  I found the prices for most things had increased at the grocery stores today.  Those apples were on sale, but still not inexpensive.  So, I bought two of that variety and more of a less expensive type of apple.  Gasoline was quite a bit more expensive, but at least I don't do that much driving.  

Good luck with getting your prescriptions, etc.

That is a very reasonable price for the gym, Glenda.  Definitely worth it.  I have a financial adviser who takes care of my required IRA withdrawals.  I am happy not to have to make those decisions.  Sorry to hear about your MIL.  Glad you had a nice road trip, and your bf had a mostly good birthday.  

Hi Jean.  Sorry you were so tired today.  Hope you like the SG pants you ordered, and using your new phone.  Sounds nice

Bernie has JCP, and I am starting to order more from Lands End.  They keep sending offers with free shipping and substantial sales, which are way too tempting for me.  Today I found Pima cotton turtlenecks for $15 each and no shipping.  I love cotton turtlenecks for the cooler months, and some of mine are showing their age.  So, I ordered two. 

I did my hospice deliveries and mailings this afternoon since I will be busy tomorrow with the pest control company coming in the morning, and helping with a Walmart pick-up for a hospice caregiver in the afternoon.  If possible, I will also go to the gym.  Obviously, I'm keeping busy.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone sleeps well, and you feel better, Jean.

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. I haven't found any lemon drops yet, but I'll keep looking.