Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, OCT. 15)

Good evening, shopping frieneds. I worked today and tomorrow will make the third day this week. I am finding it difficult to motivate myself to post in the evening. It seems I come home, fix coffee and then relax with Netflix, etc. I'm basically a morning person when it comes to writing, etc.

I did come home to find my bird feeders filled with birds fighting over a secure perch. I guess the word got out that food was available. It is disappearing quickly...or I think it is....so I might try Linda's idea of bringing the feeder in at night but the feed really seems to be eaten during the day. I might just have a bunch of hungry birds.

I haven't looked at the Q this week. I did a comparison check online of an item with the same item at Amazon. I might be interested in getting a sound bar with voice enhancement as I spend most of my relaxation time watching TV.  The sound bar would enhance voice quality.

I  hope you have had a great day. and continue to shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, OCT. 15)

Good Afternoon/Evening and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Glad you worked again today, and hope things go well tomorrow.

It is still dry and hot here, with a high of 94 expected today.  But, that is cooler than yesterday.

So far, my day has had some frustrating moments, but I'm plowing ahead.  It was nice and cool on my walk this morning, and my grocery shopping (only made it to two of the three stores) went pretty well except for some sale items not being available.  I just finished my OLLI British history class, and I'll be picking up hospice supplies soon.  I plan to deliver them this afternoon assuming I feel up to it (having some stomach issues). 

Glad the birds are paying your feeder a visit.  You may not have the issue people have here with bats -- particularly with their hummingbird feeders.  Somehow I managed to have bats with no feeders. 

No Q purchases for me this week, but I did buy that toaster from Amazon plus an electric blanket for DGD from Bed, Bath, and Beyond.  I think electric blankets are not as popular as they were at one time, but hopefully this one works for her.  I never considered the sound bar, but it does seem like a good idea.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Jean, I am glad that you have been able to do a lot of subbing.  It's a nice breezy fall day, so after we did our grocery shopping,  I hung out two loads of laundry.  I still had line space so I washed & hung out 3 of my fleece coats/jackets.  I have one more to do & then I will be ready for winter.  They still look brand new.  I am sure that the birds are enjoying the birds seed.

Our street was black topped a few days ago & it's so nice & smooth again. 

We just got back from the gym.  There were only three of us there.  The mornings are a little bit more busy, so we go in the afternoon.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Linda L, thanks for your prayers going out to my bf and her family. I am sorry that it's been a frustrating day and you are having stomach issues.  My bf's dd has Crones disease and I couldn't think of it yesterday.  My bf has a lot of stomach issues from stress caused by her dh's health issues.  I have never had an electric blanket, but I know several people that like them.  We have one comforter for Fall/Winter & one for Spring/Summer.