Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, OCT. 13)

Good morning, shopping friends. One of the wonderful things about this season is the fluctuating of temperatures. Yesterday, it was in the mid-80s; today, it likely won't get above 60. The weather person said that the fall foilage color change is running two weeks behind schedule.

I'm watching Susan Graver right now but don't anticipate a purchase, but then I diidn't anticipate buying the Muk Luks earlier today. All I can think of right now is that my feet need to be kept warm in the house in the Winter. When my feet get cold, I'm cold all over regardless of room temp.

I'll be meeting a friend for lunch in the city before I go for the physical therapy appointment and initial evaluation by them which also includes the prior test results. This will be used to get the approval by the insurance company.

I'm off to get ready for the trip to the city, about an hour and fifteen minutes to hour and a half depending upon traffic near the city.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, OCT. 13)

Good morning all and thanks @KonaKat for the start. Hope you enjoy the Muk Luks and yes if feet are cold, whole body is cold. Glad you can have lunch with a friend and I do hope your PT goes well.

Just doing normal household things today, it got into the 30's here last night, but should get into the upper 50's later today; when that happens I will probably do a little clean up of the area where the tree was taken out yesterday, by "the crew", lol. They did a good job overall of cleaning it up, but there is always a bit more that I do afterwards, lol.

Hope all have a good day...no shopping for me today. Waves.....

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

Hi everyone, 

http://www.birdsandblooms.com/community/topic/welcome-to-picture-post-monday-october-6th-2014/

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon, and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Hope your PT session goes well, and you have fun with your friend.  I'm with you about cold feet -- really hate them.  I hope your new slippers help keep you warm.  

It should reach the high 80's here today, but I was very chilly on my walk this morning.  So much so, I went out wearing a zip front sweatshirt, but came back to put on a light fleece jacket after 10 minutes or so.  I just could not believe how chilly I felt.  Fortunately, the house was much warmer, and it is getting warmer outside as well.

Glad they have done some good work so far on your lawn, snicks.  I hope that they come back and finish the job.  Good for you getting things done as well.

Waves to Kathleen (change is hard, but you are one strong woman), Arlene, twinny, Bernie, Susan, Essie, Charlene, Marijane, Barbara, Karen, meallen, 3suwm5, Rosa, LindaR, butterfly, Gayle, pinky ann, and all of our posters and readers.

I ended up visiting DH twice yesterday, and fed him both lunch and dinner.  He was doing very well, and I'm so pleased.  What a contrast from last Wednesday.  The caregiver who I was concerned about was back, but she was very different -- quiet and subdued, but friendly.  It was obvious to me that the director had spoken with her, and the others.  They seem to be quite aware of how to handle DH getting up and down from chairs, etc.  I brought him some croissants for breakfast, and I hope they remembered to give him one today.  

I'll be leaving for the gym in a little while, and then have lunch before going to my British mysteries class.  Visiting DH later when the hospice nurse should be visiting.

Have a nice day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Hello all - it was in the 40's when I left the house for work this morning.  Not expected to hit 60 degrees.  I'm bundled up in my cords and a pullover sweater.  At least the sun is shining :-)

It's busy at work today.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Good afternoon ladies -

Back from vacation, so much work to do.  Drowning in laundry, errands, appointments....

Lots of airlline trouble, other than that, had a wonderful time.

With that part of the month over, the CC will stay locked away for most of the remaining days of October.  Just groceries and necessary items; and an anniversary dinner.

Looking toward holiday now, can't believe we are halfway through October already.  What the heck happened to 2016...

Nice to see everyone here today.  Some have chilly weather in their neck of the woods.  We were in the 30s the last 2 days.  Yikes, cold.  Nicer weather scheduled for the remainder of the month.  Winter is coming, despite 'global warming'???

Hi to KonaKat, Snicks, Meallen, LindaLatte and birdmama.  Have a wonderful day, stay bundled for the cool weather and BY ALL MEANS, LOCK UP THOSE CCs.Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Afternoon All, Thanx @KonaKat for the start, hope your day in the city is a good one, enjoy lunch, then sending good vibes for your PT session

@Bird mama Our weather here about the same, in the 50's today but supposed to warm up in a few days, keeping busy at work helps the day to go by quicker, hopefully

@LindaLatte, seems like you weather is a bit cool also, hope you enjoy it.  Nice to hear DH is doing so well these days, maybe they all got the message

@3suwm5, welcome back, I know what that's like when you get home, seems like so much to do, thing's will settle down in a day or two.

@Snicks1, It seems  there's always more clean-up to do when they finish a project but it does give us satisfaction.

Well just grocery shopping today, was going for just a few things but wow, pork chops, & pork roast on sale for 99 cents a pound, so I stocked up, now have to sort it all, vacuum seal & freeze, my freezer will need to be sorted also, think I'll wear gloves  lol

Have a good evening

Essie

Esteemed Contributor

Just lost my post, but I did read all of your posts.

We had our first frost last night.  It is 50's & sunny so I enjoyed my walk.  I had a busy morning going to the library for a book I requested a few days ago & then the post office for stamps.  I got ones with banana splits, hot fudge sundaes, ice cream cones.  They are good for our SF diets.

The hot tub was wonderful today.  Much more fun on a cool/cold day.

I called the lawyer at 9:30 this morning & am still waiting for a call.  Maddening as I want to get it out of the way.  I still have 2 banks to deal with.

Jean, enjoy the muk luks.  Hope that you have a great lunch.

meallen, great graphic.  DH & I hope to take a couple of day trips next week to enjoy the fall colors.

BIRD MAMA, We had our first frost last night.  Now I am ready for a nice Indian summer.

3suwm5, I just got caught up from our last vacation.  Where did you go?  Is it your anniversary?  Enjoy.

SNICK's,  we had 30's last night, but sunny & 50's today.  Glad that the worker's didn't leave you a big mess.  Not always the case.

Linda L, our 80's are gone. I needed a light coat for my walk today.  So glad that your DH is doing well this week.  

Dinner is beets roasting in the oven & meatloaf.  I got the beets at the farmers market on Saturday.

I overslept again this morning.  It is because of sleeping in a nice cool house.  We never let our house get warmer than 76° by day, but the upper 60's are more to my liking.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

@spix wrote:

Afternoon All, Thanx @KonaKat for the start, hope your day in the city is a good one, enjoy lunch, then sending good vibes for your PT session

@Bird mama Our weather here about the same, in the 50's today but supposed to warm up in a few days, keeping busy at work helps the day to go by quicker, hopefully

@LindaLatte, seems like you weather is a bit cool also, hope you enjoy it.  Nice to hear DH is doing so well these days, maybe they all got the message

@3suwm5, welcome back, I know what that's like when you get home, seems like so much to do, thing's will settle down in a day or two.

@Snicks1, It seems  there's always more clean-up to do when they finish a project but it does give us satisfaction.

Well just grocery shopping today, was going for just a few things but wow, pork chops, & pork roast on sale for 99 cents a pound, so I stocked up, now have to sort it all, vacuum seal & freeze, my freezer will need to be sorted also, think I'll wear gloves  lol

Have a good evening

Essie

We were posting at the same time.  What a  great shopping spree.  We can sometimes get pork spare ribs for 99¢, but not chops & roasts.  Our temps are 50's today.  70's I think on Saturday, but then rain.  I just love this time of year.

Trusted Contributor

@twinny70 wrote:

Just lost my post, but I did read all of your posts.

We had our first frost last night.  It is 50's & sunny so I enjoyed my walk.  I had a busy morning going to the library for a book I requested a few days ago & then the post office for stamps.  I got ones with banana splits, hot fudge sundaes, ice cream cones.  They are good for our SF diets.

The hot tub was wonderful today.  Much more fun on a cool/cold day.

I called the lawyer at 9:30 this morning & am still waiting for a call.  Maddening as I want to get it out of the way.  I still have 2 banks to deal with.

Jean, enjoy the muk luks.  Hope that you have a great lunch.

meallen, great graphic.  DH & I hope to take a couple of day trips next week to enjoy the fall colors.

BIRD MAMA, We had our first frost last night.  Now I am ready for a nice Indian summer.

3suwm5, I just got caught up from our last vacation.  Where did you go?  Is it your anniversary?  Enjoy.

SNICK's,  we had 30's last night, but sunny & 50's today.  Glad that the worker's didn't leave you a big mess.  Not always the case.

Linda L, our 80's are gone. I needed a light coat for my walk today.  So glad that your DH is doing well this week.  

Dinner is beets roasting in the oven & meatloaf.  I got the beets at the farmers market on Saturday.

I overslept again this morning.  It is because of sleeping in a nice cool house.  We never let our house get warmer than 76° by day, but the upper 60's are more to my liking.

Hugs to all of you.

@twinny70  We took a trip to Albuquerque & Sante Fe.  Had a wonderful time.  Yes,  it's our anniversary, 32 years. Thanks for asking.  Thought we were headed to Texas in a couple of weeks, but my DH got out of that trip.  Happy about that, as we have guests coming in early November.

You made fresh beets, that sounds delicious.  Love them.