Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, NOV. 1)

Good morning, shopping friends. I am welcoming in the new month by watching Susan Graver and awaiting the return of the repairperson. It seems the sink plumbing repair needs another fix as it is leaking again.

I received my new camera in a record one day  shipping. I took time to try it out this morning. It is a keeper, a Nikon Coolpix B500. Unless I kill this camera, it will likely be my last one as its predecessor  of same brand lasted me six years and was still doing a great job. I just wanted an updated camera and practice with it before the trip to Australia in Spring.

I see Charlene has returned from a great visit with family. Trips such as this create great memories.

I will either use the day to sort some things like waiting for the repairperson or go to the city to get my nails done. If the nail trip isn't done today, it will be this weekend.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, NOV. 1)

The repairperson came and  hopefully the job is done. He did not charge me anything.

I do like the Vionic TSV but I have enough boots for this Fall and Winter. I a tempted but there will be another boot next year.

Looks as if I'll be going to the city during the weekend as it is now to late to get back before dark and the resulting "dodge the deer" that takes place in the dark.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Glad the repair person has finished the repair, and hope you have no more leaks.  Good that you received and are happy with your new camera. I really like the looks of the TSV boots, but I do not have a need.  Also, my one experience with Vionic sandals was terrible at best.  So, I'm a little worried about trying them again without the option of free returns like I have with Amazon Prime.

It was chilly here today -- 44 degrees when I took my walk, but should make it to 74 today and be warmer starting tomorrow.  

I have a big caregivers day -- early lunch, meeting, and probably coffee afterwards.  If I have the energy, I plan to go to the gym late this afternoon.  

My "grands" all dressed for Halloween, and my granddaughter went trick or treating with a friend.  DD sent a picture, and it was great seeing them in costume.  Several years I took them around to trick or treat, and those are great memories.

Welcome back, Charlene.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.

Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Hey Jean @KonaKat  I'm happy to read that your new camera is a winner.  I know the shade of red is fabulous.  Also glad that handyman/plumber fixed the pipe without charging you a second time.  

Although I am in the burbs, we have lots of deer crossing/deer warning signs in my community.  Dawn and dusk can really be tricky this time of year when it comes to deer.  I know I am borderline paranoid about it.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Hi Linda @LindaLatte Seeing kids dressed for Halloween just brings the memories back Woman Happy I don't know what my great nieces dressed up as and I'm hoping to get some pics texted to me by their mothers.

Esteemed Contributor

Jean, your new camera looks like a winner.  It is a good idea to have practice time with it before your Australian vacation next spring.  Hopefully your leaky faucet is fixed and without an additional charge.

Linda L, I have been able to walk all week and it has been in the 50's & nice.  That is fun that your dgc dressed up for Halloween.  

Bird Mama, hopefully you get some nice Halloween 🎃🎃🎃 pictures of your gn's. it is fun to see the little ones excited about dressing up.

I have been reading each night, but I am still on the tired side of life.  We didn't go away yesterday as  planned.  We both walked & my DH was valiantly raking again as the leaf trucks pushed the previous leaves into a big pile at our intersection. Then he made his last trip to get rid of branches.  

We don't have any kids in our neighborhood, so we went to a neighboring town for wings day.  They were very good & we got 7 wings for the price of 6.  We did take our gn a fun Halloween bag on Sunday.

My dd said that they had at least 60 trick or treaters.  She also said that they invited our youngest dgs's GF for dinner and she helped him hand out the goodies.  Our eldest dgs went to see a former friend play soccer quite a ways from home. 

Don't know what our dgd did, but I did get a nice picture of her and our dd out on their deck.  They along with our dsil went to a wedding on Saturday.  The groom was adopted by our dsil's mom and step father quite a few years after our dd & dsil were married.  My dd said that it was the weirdest of the weird weddings that they have ever gone to.

Supper is taco casserole.  I have lettuce and 🍅🍅🍅 to use up.

My DH is down for a nap.  He is doing better, but he doesn't have much strength when it comes to opening jars and can't do any heavy !lifting.  I am glad that he is tall and can reach things in the cupboards for me.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--I am happy that you could enjoy the grands trick or treeting via pictures. I just finished reading about the woman who survived 6 days in the Arizona desert following a car crash. I think she was fortunate to have the temperatures you had.

Bernie--Have you ever noticed that the deer don't obey the deer crossing signs in favor of other points? I had two in my back yard this morning. I do hope you can see some pics of your nieces in Halloween costumes.

Twinny--Sorry that you and DH are  not up to par. I will say that the taco casserole sounds like a winner.   We had zero trick or treaters in our neighborhood. I think most go to the town party and then go door to door in that area.

Like some others, I'm not really feeling the best but it isn't enough to put me out of action. I finished a book this afternoon after going to town to pick up a refill on a prescription. Midnight cuddled up beside me as I read.

Honored Contributor

It's dreary and raining all day here.  I guess the bright side of that is that the rain is knocking the leaves off of the trees (especially out front).  At this rate, by the time it dries up, I should only have to do one major raking.  It will kill my shoulders but it will be over.  The leaves on the walnut tree in the back are small so they don't really stand out too much.  I'm waiting for the mulberry tree to shed the big purplish leaves.

I went roller skating this morning.  I didn't approach it with the excitement I usually have for skating.  I think I did it more to get over that fall I took early last week.  Considering I was thinking about falling the entire time today, I don't know that I achieved what I set out to do.

I did meet a new lady (to me) named Linda.  We talked about the knee pads she was wearing and she gave me tips on where to get them and how they should fit.  Perhaps if I go back with knee pads on, I will be less afraid of messing up one of my knees again.

The bruising is pretty much gone and the friction burn is healing well.

The rink was so cold even the guys were screaming for heat.  Of course, I didn't take my gloves with me, lol.  

I had noticed the DPW near the end of the block when I left this morning.  When I got home I saw that they were tearing up the driveway (I think) of one of the resident's houses.  I also saw that the fire hydrant (next door) was open and running.

I came into the house, turned on my kitchen faucet and there was a little sediment and a few air bubbles in the water.  I walked outside and talked to one of the guys from the DPW.  He said he knocked on resident's doors (I was out of the house) to let us know a water main broke down the street.

I said, can I drink the water?  He said, there may be a little dust in it, lol.  I decided to stick with the water I had in the pitcher in the fridge and I warmed myself up with a can of Progresso minestrone soup.