Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, MAY12)

Hi Everyone!

Well, it's hot & sunny today. Temps are still predicted to drop low tonight. The last few planters were waiting on the front porch when I returned from the drive thru bank. YIPPEE!

This afternoon I plan to get a few bulbs in the planters in the patio. I'm not sure if I'll venture to splitting some of the lillies and repotting them or save that for tomorrow. I just want all the gardens done by Saturday. I need to move three rooms around to make space for the water heater and generator access that they will need next week. I sure hope they can get it installed in one or two days. 

I talked to our DIL about her car problem and she is just stuck between the two dealers and the warranty question. Her Dad is driving her to and from work so at least that's one problem solved. Everyone works on a different shift in their household so it's difficult. She checked rental cars and they started at $90/day plus. She was told that rental rates could change daily. What a rip off.

I only saw a bit of QVC this morning because that old home restoration program was on. I like to learn how to match old to new products because we seem to have that issue with our projects. At the very least, we know what to look for at the hardware store. 

Prayers to Bev, Barb, Declan and all those in need.

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, MAY12)

Good Afternoon/Evening!  It isn't as hot here today -- high only in the upper 80's, but the high on Saturday is predicted to be 100 degrees and even a little hotter on Sunday.  It was pleasant on my early morning walk today.

Glad your planters came and your DIL has a ride to work, Fressa.  That car rental rate and the idea that it could change daily is crazy.  Hope she can have the car repaired, and it isn't too expensive.

My DD was using my SIL's car since hers was in the shop, but discovered his car was "running hot".  Long story, but it ended up being the water pump and other things that totalled $800 or so.  At least it was repaired quickly.  Between car repairs, house repairs, and daily expenses like groceries and gasoline money just seems to flow away.

I heard from Jean that based on the test results  her doctor in Ohio will do another ablation. They are predicting a four month wait until she can have the procedure.  Hopefully, there will be a sooner opening.

Interesting about your DH and his brother, Bernie.  I know Bev was prepared to have her kidney, etc. removed, but......  

The last I heard, Barbara's DH was doing okay at the group home, and she was visiting him nearly every day.  Her daughter (Syd's Mom) picked up Barbara's puppy (Rosie) from the breeder in MN, and so far so good.  I know Barbara will be happy to have her.

I did some grocery shopping and did my hospice deliveries today.  If things work out, I will be visiting a hospice patient (just for companionship) next week.  I hope that happens.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Sleep well everyone.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Wow @Fressa  I hope the warranty issue over your DIL's car is resolved soon.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Hi Linda @LindaLatte 

It's currently 84 degrees outside as I post this and I am already looking forward to the cooler front that will be moving into Michigan this weekend, lol.  It's been nice to open the windows and get fresh air in the house.

Oh my, 4 months is a long time to wait for a procedure and my heart goes out to Jean.  I'll keep my fingers crossed that they can get her in sooner.

I'm glad that V is doing okay as can be expected in the group home.  It's good that little Rosie is with family and I'm sure Barbara is looking forward to her 'coming home'.

I did my grocery shopping on Tuesday and of course, lol, yesterday the postal carrier put the notice about the upcoming food drive (this Saturday).  I went back to the grocery store today and bought non perishables - I feel better now.  I like to support the postal workers when they collect food.

Esteemed Contributor

I got a notice about the collection on Saturday (not from the Post Office), and another one today (from the Post Office).  Like you, I want to support their efforts, Bernie.  They provided a plastic bag, but I have so much that I have an extra bag as well.  This time of the year, many of the "winter visitors" (aka snowbirds) have left town, so I feel that I should give extra to help make up the reduced population.  

Esteemed Contributor

Birdmama---I got the postcard notice in my mail about the postal food drive this Saturday. Usually you have a week or two but at least they're still doing this project. I got a bag and found enough items in the panty to donate. I'll do grocery shopping early next week to replace them (hopefully) 

Esteemed Contributor

Birdmama---It sure is an "odd" situation. I'm wondering if they sold her a "lemon" .For the life of me I don't know why she would buy a car with so much mileage and an extended warranty. ( she doesn't believe in them). I'm thinking they have themselves on a tight shoestring after paying for the new roofs on the house and garage. I don't know what happen to her previous vehicle but it was newer. Usually, I get too much information but this time not a word. She's handling it so fingers crossed she gets a safe vehicle to drive. 

Honored Contributor

Yea @Fressa   that's probably it.  The work on the house couldn't be postponed and their backs were against the wall - they had to repair/replace things that were structural.  Cars shot up in price so bad during the pandemic maybe she thought a used car with extended warranty was the way to go at the time.  I'm sorry that she got stuck with a stinker.