Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, MAY 30)

Good morning, shopping friends. I'm watching Susan Graver while taking a break from some yard work before the rain arrives again. 

I see that the SG tops I ordered  are 50 miles from me. If they made the UPS truck, I'll likely get them today. If not, then tomorrow. These are the tops that are so good that I have them in nearly every pattern. Great for travel as well as home. Pack easily and if something gets on them while on a trip, a quick wash of the spot and overnight drying works well on a trip. I select things that are light weight and travel well. When I went to Australia, I only took one suitcase and it came in ten pounds under the allowed weight.

Speaking of travel, a friend and I have made arrangements to go to Gatlinsburg  in October. Hopefully, we will be able to see great Fall colors while there. Of course, we have our own mountains, but there is nothing like seeing new ones.

The scopes for the cancer check went well. As a result, I've been "promoted" to only having it done once a year.  I didn't get uptight about it as my blood pressure was 126/64 when checked immediately before the procedure. It took longer than usual for the "Michael Jackson" juice to take effect. Usually I am out of it before reaching the OR but this time I got to see the OR before I checked out.

Well, it is getting dark which means the rain is about to arrive. I'm about 3-1/2 hours from Susan and I see there are flood warnings out for her area also. This rain is getting old. It also causes root rot in crops that are just beginning.

. One more day until we end this month and begin anew for June. I have done well with my purchases this month, so hopefully June will be another great day.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, MAY 30)

[ Edited ]

Good Morning Jean @KonaKat   Thanks for letting us know about the outcome of the scopes you had to endure yesterday.  I'm genuinely happy that the outcome was so favorable and that you now only have to go once a year.

I received my container of brushable chimney crown repair yesterday.  Glad I ordered from a supplier in Ohio via Amazon versus Amazon itself.  I'd still be waiting if I waited for the Amazon fulfillment route Woman Frustrated

Now I just need a forecast that includes 48 hours of no rain.  Oh yea, I need to pop into Home Depot and pick up a 4 inch or 5 inch paintbrush to apply the sealant.

We're having more rain again today.  It's keeping the grass emerald green and my evergreen shrubs and boxwoods are growing like crazy.

I ordered a pair of earrings from the American West line last night. 

American West Sterling Silver Domed Lever Back Earrings - J361802

I used my Amex for these and will drag out the $11 and some cents (5) easy pay for the entire duration. Now I won't have to be concerned with generating some kind of activity on that account since Visa is my primary card of choice.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Oh I forgot to mention yesterday that the folks behind the Maxwell House facebook page checked their records and found 3 stores near me that scanned the instant coffee barcode in the last couple of weeks.

One was a Walgreens, one was a CVS and one was a Rite Aid.  When I received the message about the Walgreens (closest to me), I shot outta my chair like someone used a cattle prod on me and ran downstairs to my car and drove over to Walgreens.  I usually don't take the last of anything on a grocery shelf.  There were 2 jars of my Maxwell House and yes I did take both of them.

Suffice it to say, this morning was off to a good start and that Maxwell House coffee was indeed good to the last drop (for each of the 3 cups that I drank).

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  So glad to hear about your test results.  That is pretty fast shipping on the SG tops.  Of course, you live much closer to PA than I do.  I ordered some nail polish/treatment on the 24th, it was shipped on the 28th, and they are predicting delivery next Tuesday.  I am very spoiled by Amazon's fast delivery with Prime.  Hope you don't have too much rain or flooding.  DD said they were expecting another storm today.  Hope Susan's area is okay.

Hope you have fun in Galtinsburg in October.  I have not been there, so I'll be interested in what you think about it.

Hi Bernie -- love your new earrings.  Good luck with your repair project.  I can't even imagine taking on a job like that, but I know you will do very well.

I'm feeling better today, but not back to normal.  I am taking a chance on going to a newcomers lunch at an Italian restaurant south of us.  I have heard very good things about the restaurant, and the area is quite nice.  

I may have mentioned that I planned to donate a small refrigerator that I don't use much, and they will pick it up Saturday after next.  Meanwhile, I decided to part with my old Kitchen Aid stand mixer, which I haven't used for quite a while.  Bernie's selling success lead to my trying to sell it on a neighborhood internet group.  I think this is the first time I have sold anything since a couple of houses and earlier Girl Scout cookies.  Happy to say that I was successful.  Just posted the mixer for sale yesterday evening, and the buyer (getting it for her niece) has already picked it up.  I had no clue what to charge, but the buyer said she thought it was a good price.  She thought I might have gotten more money if I had waited, etc., but it was reasonable.  Win win is all that I can say.  Not sure when/if I will try to sell something again, but......

Depending on how I feel after lunch, I may try to go to the gym.  If not, there is always tomorrow.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Linda @LindaLatte   Congrats on the sale :-)

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Bernie--Those are beautiful earrings. You made a great choice. Enjoy the coffee; I think it is great that the company was so responsive to your comments on Facebook. I used to do home projects but no longer have the energy; you have the talent and energy to do the job and do it well.

Linda--Great job on selling the mixer, You may be finding yourself doing more of these. I've never been to Gatlinsburg or Pigeon's Forge. I was looking for something to do this Fall and remember a family froom here posting vacation photos from there. Since it is only a day's drive, and I like to drive trips at times, I decided it would be a good choice.

I haven't felt well since yesterday and couldn't sleep last night, so I finished a novel in bed instead of working. I'm not overly motivated when it is raining. I just checked my order status and see that my SG tops are at the local Post Office where UPS delivered them. I'm debating getting them tonight or wait until tomorrow when I have to go to the city for a cardiology appointment. Oh, here comes the rain again!

lawnrain.jpg

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.