Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, MAY 28)

Good Morning/Afternoon.  They are predicting a high of 102 here today and hotter tomorrow.  So glad my AC is working, and I can handle the heat better than some.  I think if I had the conditions you and your DH have Glenda, I would have to seriously consider moving to a cooler climate.  Sorry you need to replace your unit, Fressa.  That is something I dread.

I received three e-mails from friends yesterday, which was nice.  One was my friend, Jo Ann who is in California now -- living with her son and family until the assisted living facility is accepting new residents.  Another bookclub member waned to set up a virtual goodbye party for Jo Ann on Zoom, and it seems like that might be possible.

Today I plan to do some grocery shopping and then have my hair cut this afternoon.  If I am not able to get to all three stores, I will do more shopping tomorrow after I meet with the hospice chaplain.

I wear the fitover sunglasses all the time, and I might consider the TSV, but....  The last time I ordered some from the Q, they were way too big for my face and fell off, so I paid a bunch of shipping and handling for nothing.  I will probably stick with the ones I get from Wal Mart -- they are not that much less expensive ($19 a pair), but at least there is no S&H and I can try them on.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone is staying safe and has a nice day.  Please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. I can understand how you feel about friends bringing food after your surgery, Jean.  Sometimes, food just doesn't seem too important.  But, I know they really want to help.  Hopefully, they will get the hint if you don't feel like getting up and talking when they visit.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, MAY 28)

Linda--Thank you for starting the thread. I could handle your temps but I know there are those who can't for a variety of reasons. Zoom is a great tool, and I think a virtual party for Jo Ann is a great idea. I have a pair of fit over sunglasses from the current in-vogue vendor on the Q. They are not as good as the ones I have from Jonathan Paul which has a far better polarization and clarity.

I'm taking it easy today. The surgical center will be calling sometime this afternoon for the time I am to report. Nothing after Midnight? At 11:45pm, I may have a cup of coffee and a snack. I'm ready to get this show on the road. I haven't taken my blood thinner or any Advil for the past 3 days.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello Ladies, not such a great day here...yesterday was wonderful...80's....if you sent that Twinny thank.you....and send more!

Good luck with your hair apt Linda, my stylist called yesterday, Ct. is opening hair salons June 1st and she could take me June 4 th.  I told her I still,felt uncomfortable going and could I go later in the month,so I have an apt for the 25th.       My DH had gotten gas for my car yesterday although he said I still had over 100 miles to go but filled it up anyway....he took a doubletake as it was 1.99 a gallon.  I hadn't gotten gas since March.....I have only gone to the  one supermarket  once a week and last week the small post office we have in town since this whole thing started.

Jean I will be keeping you in my prayers for you tomorrow and for a quick recovery in the weeks ahead.  I am sure you will do fine!

Nothing else is new,have. Nice day everyone.    Marijane

Respected Contributor

Greetings to all...As Linda said it is toasty here. The valley of the sun tends to be a few degrees warmer than where she is. It was 99 when I went out at 10 and will be 110 today.

Jean..I will say a prayer for you tomorrow that all goes well. I think your friends are well meaning, but after surgery, I want to see no one. Of course, I have never had a same day one because of my issues.

we head north on Saturday...will get home Monday..I cannot sit in a car for more than 100 hours.

enjoy your haircuts..I had mine done last weds .

🥵🥵

Respected Contributor

@Genny1 @My brother and his wife live in ct near the city and they are patiently awaiting for things to open. It is an interesting journey.

Trusted Contributor

sydsgma...I'm not too far from the city either...DH took Metro North to work, it's seems like all in the tristate area, NJ..NY,Ct ,are joined at the hip....as far a this virus goes and openings and closings etc.       Safe travels back !

Esteemed Contributor

Linda L, it's nice that you got some fun emails.  I hope that Jo Ann gets along good in her move to CA.  We got groceries this morning. None of the stores had wipes, so it's a good thing we didn't need them.  The stores weren't busy & we were in & out in a hurry.

I can remember telling my DH almost 19 years ago that  if we lived where it was hot most of the year, we would be moving.  I am like a forest fire that never goes out.  I wear fitovers & rx  sunglasses.  it depends on which ones I can find in a hurry.  

Marijane, I am sending you two more days of 80's, but I am keeping the next 3 days of sunny 70°'s.  We had a thunderstorm last night and it's been raining off & on all day. Our gas prices were $1.14 about 3 weeks ago and are $1.89 now.  Enjoy your haircut when you get it. I don't know if my salon is open yet.  I usually only venture out on Thursday morning for grocery shopping.  Then I entertain myself at home.

Jean, I am sending prayers your way for your upcoming surgery and a good recuperation.  Enjoy your late night snack.  Food is the last thing that I want after surgery.  Pain pills are #1.

Sydsgma, safe travels to you, your dh and Pepper.  I hope that you like your haircut.

It's been a busy day.  Hugs to all of you.

Honored Contributor

Hello all, not much been going on with me lately so I have nothing exciting to report Woman Very Happy

Jean @KonaKat  I'm praying for a favorable outcome and successful surgery. 

Safe travels Barbara @sydsgma1 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise