Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, MAY 26)

Hi Everyone!

It's cloudy and rainy today. More of the same is in the forecast for Friday. It has spared me from dragging the hose out to water the veggies so that's always a good thing. I actually had a rose bloom today and the iris are blooming like crazy. They don't hold up well in the rain so that's the only downside to them.

When I lived in the city we had to pay for our sidewalks. Most times it was an individual decision unless you were in a complex. $1000 is a "surprise" but sure is better than $2500. Why does every project have three 000 in the price? "Sticker Shock" should be my middle name. 

I heard from our DIL and they increased the price of repairs to $1,000. We both think that she was sold a "lemon". The Federal Lemon Law for used cars is 5 years from the year of the car. She missed it by months. So...she found an independent mechanic that will do the work for $500. I'm crossing my fingers this man will do a good job.

Today I'm going to tackle some decluttering of the one corner in the work room. I swear a gremlin must sneak in at night and clutter areas that I thought were fine. LOL Now that I've seen it --I have to do something about the "stuff" there. On the up side the hubby likes the added space in his office so that's working fine.

I've only see a bit of the Q but I did order a set of refrigerator clear bins w/handles the other day. The skinny set that was a lunchtime special really made a difference so I'm hoping these will work for the produce/fruit, etc. The top shelf looks like an avelanche waiting to slide. 

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, MAY 26)

Fressa, we had quite a bit of rain yesterday and a little drizzle this morning.  So far the tomato plants look great.  It's supposed to be sunny and mid 70's on Saturday so it will be a beautiful day for our nephews wedding.   Then the ugly mid-upper 80's will be here from Sunday until next Wednesday.  I hope that your dil gets her car fixed properly.  We have to pay for sidewalks here too, but so far they haven't mentioned it.  The city did do the curb and gutter for free a couple of years ago so it was a pleasant surprise   Good luck with the decluttering.

I spent part of Tuesday putting vacation & dgc pics in the proper albums.  Yesterday I altered the red shorts that I bought last week.  With the matching buttons they are dressy.

After we got groceries this morning we went to five cemeteries here there & everywhere.  Tomorrow we will be putting a nice spray on my parents gravesite.  This one is in our hometown and where we will be buried.  I am hoping that our Memory Bench will get here before our ds and ddil fly up here for a long July 4th weekend.  

We went to the gym after lunch and there were only 4 of us there.

Our eldest dgs C. is loving his Culver's internship.  Today it's a free build your burger day plus custard.

Middle dgs A. went to his new job on Monday to get the equipment he needs to do his job at home online.  The guy that hired him wasn't there.  He was at an RV Park in CA.  He said come back on Tuesday and get the rest of your equipment.  It was a new computer etc.   So far so good.  

Our dgd E. is looking forward to summer break and working full-time at SB.  

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda

Honored Contributor

We got rain last night and some on and off drizzle during the day @Fressa  I think the storms come later and they should NOT be severe.  I'm sorry that your DIL is stuck paying for the repairs.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Sounds like the kids are all set job-wise Glenda @twinny70   My sister is coming over for memorial day and the forecast at the beginning of the week was 82 degrees and I thought, wow nice day.  Now it's changed to 89 and I'm thinking that we'll be eating inside the house with the air conditioning on.  It stays ugly 91, 89 following memorial day - yuck 

Honored Contributor

Linda @LindaLatte how are you feeling today?

Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening and thanks for getting us started, Fressa.  Hope your DIL's car is repaired, and isn't a lemon.  We could use some rain for sure.  Hotter than normal here -- 102 degrees.  I'm sure you, Glenda, Bernie, and others would be unhappy campers.

Hi Glenda.  Glad your grands all have jobs set for the summer.  Hope everyone enjoys your nephew's wedding.  Good that you made it to the grocery stores and gym.

Sorry your weather is getting too warm/hot for outdoor entertaining, Bernie.

I'm feeling fine except a bit tired.  No coughing or anything last night, but I took another COVID test this morning.  Negative again, thank goodness.

The "newcomers" group had lunch at Red Lobster today, and it was nice.  There were 16 of us, and we had two waitresses who turned out to be sisters.  I really didn't see any vegetarian offerings except a plain green salad, so I ordered the "Thursday throwback" special -- shrimp, two sides (I had a salad and coleslaw), and iced tea.  Plus, I had one of their delicious, fattening biscuits.  Much to my surprise, I was only able to eat half of my meal.  Usually, I am able to finish the whole thing.  They provided a box, so looks like i will have the same for dinner.

It was very hot when I made my hospice deliveries -- lots of in and out of the car, and I was very thirsty.  I think the restaurant used a lot more salt in the food than I use.  Anyway, two of the people didn't want the supplies, so I ended up having to drive back and return them. I've been hydrating since I got home, and I'm sure I'll be sleepy this evening. 

Bev's doctor sent her to a surgeon so she could have her gallbladder removed, and the earliest appointment she could get is August 1st.  She will be contacted if there is a cancellation, but there are 12 people ahead of her.  Her feet are very swollen, but the test (can't remember which one she had), didn't show any evidence of a blood clot -- thank goodness.  Bev is exhausted and said she may try to get some home health care and PT.  Thanks for your continued prayers for her.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda