Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, MAY 26)

Good morning, shopping friends. Today is a sunny day but we did have rain during the night. Right now, I'm watching Susan Graver before getting ready to go to work at 11:30. Tomorrow will be my last day of work until school begins again the first week of August.

I was thinking of Linda's debate over whether to apply for the TSA Pre-check. There are certain advantages to it as I've flown by that status. First, you don't have  to remove shoes or jackets. If I remember correctly, I didn't have to take out my one-quart baggie, etc. It just saves time. 

The last time I checked in at Chicago after staying overnight there, I was amazed at the stuff people tried to take through security. Some of the things either had to be discarded or packed in the luggage that went underneath.  Some of the lines would be shorter if people showed up early and went through the lines at the times least busy as well as taking only permitted items in the carry on. I usually fly out of an airport for a flight that connects to a major airport. I still do advance check in and then go through the security earlier than the masses.  I'm debating the necessity of applying for the TSA-PreCheck.

I have made all the arrangements for the activities we will do while in Branson. As a result, we won't be wasting time debating what to do while there or buying the tickets, etc.

I was reading the thread on buying "As Is" items. Yes, you are warned, etc. but the usual return policy still exisits. I have bought 3 items from "As Is" at significant savings and each item was in great condition and looked "new."

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely one day at a time.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, MAY 26)

Good morning.  It is going to be a nice day...we have had days of rain. Sydnie and I bought plants for her garden that still are not planted because when she has had time, Mother Nature has not cooperated. 

Our roads ads are a mud mess also...we have 7 more weeks before they are done.

i am awaiting the lug tsv...I have many Vera bags but there is no organization and it looked like a great bag especially for flying.

jean, I have tsa prescient from the get go. Some of the airports I fly out of do not have a dedicated baggage screen line so I still wait at times. I think it is great for frequent fliers...so many people have it now that there have been times at Msp where the non tsa line was just as fast.. I am flying a couple times this summer so will let you know how it goes.

as I said, I read the thread daily. I know things are not easy for some...

jean an enjoy your summer off . 

(((Hugs)))to all

Honored Contributor

@sydsgma1@KonaKat@@And everyone

I have a doctors appointment today 

I guess we had severe storms in the middle of the night and DH and I both slept through the ruckus. 

Thank you the information about the "as is items"

I hope the Lug TSV is fantastic!

Happy and hope filled day to all💗

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Barbatra--It has been years since I  have flown out of MSP. It is bad of me but sometimes I use airport codes for city abbreviations when possible. Enjoy the Lug TSV. I use those bags that can roll and go under the seat. It kills me to hoof through huge airports carrying a bag that weighs me down. I have a Vera weekender I got on sale that I use for car travels.

Butterfly--Many people wait to shop the "As Is" section after a TSV has been presented and in time for returns. Sometimes, the savings can be significant. It is no different than going to a department store and buying something which someone else has tried on. I know some have had some issues with it but that is why there is the same return policy in effect. Put "As Is" in the search bar and see what all materializes. If it is a fashion item, the longer you wait, the more likely your size will not be there.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Good morning ladies, and thanks @KonaKat for the start. The last time I flew, I was automatically on the TSA pre-checked list. Don't know how that happened as I did not apply for it, but was glad I didn't have to remove shoes, etc when going through the line. We don't fly often anymore, most trips that we take are short car trips, so I don't need any additional bags for travel. I have a very nice set that hubby gifted me several years ago that I use for air travel, and a fairly inexpensive overnight type bag that I use for car trips. It's great that you have all your plans made for your Branson trip. We can get bogged down if we haven't planned what we want to do at our destination sometimes, lol.

@sydsgma1, I too am behind in outside work due to the weather. It seems when I have free time, it is raining or too muddy to do much, such is the case today. My front yard is still not "done" from last November when a fire hydrant was installed there. I am frustrated with this, as you can imagine. They came on Monday, dumped a pile of dirt and left, haven't seen then since. When this all started I fully expected to have a smooth lawn with grass growing by this point. No so, unfortunately.

@butterfly123, good luck at your doctor appointment. I think the only "as is" item I have purchased is a pair of Clark's deck shoes. They were fine.

I am baking a strawberry shortcake for my brother's birthday, it is tomorrow and I don't expect anyone else (his sons or their wives) will bake him a cake, so I have it in the oven and will take it over to him in the morning. Not much else on my agenda for today, but sometimes when that is the case, I end up getting more done than days when I have a lot planned. Hope everyone has a good day. Waves to all.....

"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

Lost my post - oh well.  Hello all! 

Honored Contributor

Thank you @KonaKat and @Snicks1

I appreciate both of you and the information provided🛍

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon!  Thanks for getting us started, Jean.  I hope you have a nice summer.  I know you will miss subbing, but it is good to have time to relax a bit.  Hopefully, your weather will turn sunny and warm for the summer.  It is sunny here today -- highs only expected in the 80's, but less windy.  The winds can be very strong here and cause all sorts of problems from allergies to dust storms.

Hope you have a great time in Branson.  I have never been there, but it may be worth a trip someday.  I have never purchased "as is" things, but I would do so if I found something that I wanted to buy.  

I have been doing a lot of shredding lately, and I thought maybe I needed a new shredder since this one doesn't make the tiny pieces, and it was jamming a lot.  I still may buy a new shredder someday, but I found a great way to help avoid the jamming -- I didn't realize that shredders needed to be "oiled" every now and again.  I just put vegetable oil on a few pieces of paper, and the machine is working so much better.  I finished the top drawer of my file cabinet, and I have another one to go.  But, in the meantime, I decided I have a couple of purses ready to donate.  I just don't change purses often, so even a small number is plenty for me.

Glad your weather is nice, Barbara.  Sorry you need to deal with the mud.  

Hope your doctor visit goes well Butterfly.  Glad you were able to sleep through the storms, and it is sunny now.

It is very nice of you to make strawberry shortcake for your brother, snicks.  Sorry they haven't done a great job in restoring your lawn.  Frustrating for sure.

What a shame about your post, Kathleen -- I am following information about your DD on FB -- she is certainly having a great adventure.  I pray that she and her fellow sailors stay safe.

Waves to Arlene, twinny, Bernie, Essie, Susan, Marijane, Charlene, Rosa, Karen, pinky ann, Gayle, LindaR, and all of our posters and readers.

DH didn't sleep well at all last night, I think his nose was stuffed up or something in addition to coughing.  I gave him cough medicine again this morning, and put honey in his tea, etc.  So far, so good.  The nurse should be coming today, and I plan to ask her for advice on what medicines I should give to him.  When he doesn't sleep well, neither do I, so I'm sure I'll be pretty tired later.

Have a good day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Jean, I hope that your last day at school is a good one.  Our schools don't get out for at least two more weeks.  Your trip to Branson sounds like fun.  I am on that checks in early at the airport as I get anxious waiting to board the plane.  I take as little as possible in my carryon too.

Sydsgma, We got rain early this morning so I did get my 4 tomato plants in on Monday.  It is dry but rain expected most of the week & hot, which I am not a fan of.  Sorry that your lawn is a muddy mess.

Butterfly123, Good luck with your eye appointment today.  I haven't tried As Is, but know that others have good luck with it.

SNICK'S. I would not be happy with a messy yard for so long either.  Your strawberry shortcake sounds wonderful right now.

RC, I hate to lose a post too.

I am still having an anxious melancholy week.  Mental stress dealing with the closing on mom's house this afternoon.  I did have a nice lunch yesterday with a friend that was a great help at the estate sale.

I did get my closet in good order yesterday, but want to work on my shoes after lunch.  It is sunny but hot today again.  I will send this weather to all of you with pools or anybody that wants it.

For some reason, I still cannot go back & correct spell check errors.  Sorry.

Our friend that fell off of a ladder a couple of days ago still needs prayers for his injuries.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

@LindaLatte wrote:

Good Morning/Afternoon!  Thanks for getting us started, Jean.  I hope you have a nice summer.  I know you will miss subbing, but it is good to have time to relax a bit.  Hopefully, your weather will turn sunny and warm for the summer.  It is sunny here today -- highs only expected in the 80's, but less windy.  The winds can be very strong here and cause all sorts of problems from allergies to dust storms.

Hope you have a great time in Branson.  I have never been there, but it may be worth a trip someday.  I have never purchased "as is" things, but I would do so if I found something that I wanted to buy.  

I have been doing a lot of shredding lately, and I thought maybe I needed a new shredder since this one doesn't make the tiny pieces, and it was jamming a lot.  I still may buy a new shredder someday, but I found a great way to help avoid the jamming -- I didn't realize that shredders needed to be "oiled" every now and again.  I just put vegetable oil on a few pieces of paper, and the machine is working so much better.  I finished the top drawer of my file cabinet, and I have another one to go.  But, in the meantime, I decided I have a couple of purses ready to donate.  I just don't change purses often, so even a small number is plenty for me.

Glad your weather is nice, Barbara.  Sorry you need to deal with the mud.  

Hope your doctor visit goes well Butterfly.  Glad you were able to sleep through the storms, and it is sunny now.

It is very nice of you to make strawberry shortcake for your brother, snicks.  Sorry they haven't done a great job in restoring your lawn.  Frustrating for sure.

What a shame about your post, Kathleen -- I am following information about your DD on FB -- she is certainly having a great adventure.  I pray that she and her fellow sailors stay safe.

Waves to Arlene, twinny, Bernie, Essie, Susan, Marijane, Charlene, Rosa, Karen, pinky ann, Gayle, LindaR, and all of our posters and readers.

DH didn't sleep well at all last night, I think his nose was stuffed up or something in addition to coughing.  I gave him cough medicine again this morning, and put honey in his tea, etc.  So far, so good.  The nurse should be coming today, and I plan to ask her for advice on what medicines I should give to him.  When he doesn't sleep well, neither do I, so I'm sure I'll be pretty tired later.

Have a good day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Linda, We were posting at the same time.  We bought a new shredder a few years ago.  It is wonderful so I shred often.  I remember shredding papers that were over 40 years old.  YIKES.  hopefully you will get some good advice on what to give your DH for his cough.