Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, MAY 21)

Greetings, shopping friends. It is chilly and still raining off and on but more moderately. The flash flood warnings have been lifted. This reminds me that the pictures of the Michigan flooding from the dam bursts are heart breaking to know that this is bad enough but to also endure it during the  Covid-19 adds to the complexity of helping these individuals. Prayers are with those affected.

It dawned upon me that I had not seen the Stan Herman robe I ordered to have during after surgery recovery as it would be easy on, easy off. I went to my order status. I had ordered it the first week of May; it has yet to leave the building. No changes can be made as it is "in process." I am going to the city tomorrow to have my car serviced so I may risk going into a store to see what I can find.

Today, I am doing odds and ends around the house as I spot something that needs to be done. Chances are that spot will not be tackled next week if not done this week. I am watching Susan Graver during a break. The Kindle is charging getting ready for some afternoon reading.

Have a great day. Your posts are welcomed, so please check in and let us know how your day is going, and your latest shopping adventure big or small. Shop but shop wisely....and stay safe!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, MAY 21)

Greetings from warm Az. Unlike jeans weather..we will be heading into the triple digits next week. Projected highs could be 110 .Twinny, you would not like the heat. But the lack of humidity really makes a difference.

our Mn home sold. It will be good to be down to one residence. The inspection was done yesterday and I wonder how mych is wrong.

we are heading back north a week from Saturday. We will be traveling through tornado alley so I will have my weather alerts on.

Jean, you will be in my prayers next week. Have you thought about a teacher to get things.?

i enjoy all posts. (((Hugs)))

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

It's cool in the mornings but warms up to a/c weather by the afternoon.So far, no rain....and I forgot to water...again. Honestly, I should just give up and put a post it note on the kitchen table. LOL

I picked up my prescription yesterday and the price had tripled! I was shocked. Last month it had doubled. We have good insureance and I also use the Good RX coupons. Has anyone else noticed a large increase in their medications? I am going to have to adjust my budget. 

It was cool enought that I felt okay to pick up a few groceries while I was there. I was glad that I did because today I'm waiting on UPS to deliver the bucket of dog biscuits. They requested that someone be home for delivery. For dog biscuits???? Oh well, I guess I'll get caught up on the dusting today. I did find a few dishwashing products on the shelves and the meat counters looked fairly stocked. I didn't have my list with me so I was trying to remember my running list in the kitchen. I may return on Friday as I have another prescription that is ready.

I saw the deer last night and they found enough greenery to avoid the gardens for their evening snack. The At Home store is opening up so I have plans to venture there to see if I can find a shepherd's hook and maybe a trellis. That will probably be on next week's list since I have this extra trip tomorrow for the prescription.

Stay safe & comfy. Have a good afternoon/evening. 

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Sorry you haven't received your robe yet.  I have not ordered from the Q for quite a while, but I ordered some IM pants on great sale April 17th.  It took more than a week for them to be shipped, and I only received them on May 4th.   Hope you find another robe if you decide to take the chance.  

Our weather is nice -- warm and sunny.  It was cool this morning when I took my walk, so I wore my lightweight jacket until it got hot.

I am praying for those folks in Michigan.  What a terrible mess with the flooding plus virus.  I did hear a rather amusing story on the radio.  Two ladies had been moved from their senior living facility to a shelter at a school.  People in the area were treating them so nicely that one said she wouldn't mind staying there if she ever became homeless.  I am happy they were being helped and treated so well. 

It is wonderful that your house sold, Barbara.  Hope not too much needs to be repaired.  

That is terrible about the drug prices, Fressa.  I only take one Rx medication, and that one only every six months.  The price did go up last year, but it was the same (higher) price in February.  Hope things go okay tomorrow, and your plants continue to be okay.

Much to my surprise, my new dentist called yesterday to say they had a cancellation.  After some debate (with myself), I decided to take the appointment which is this afternoon.  Wish me luck.  I don't have a fear of dentists, but I don't like it when the hygienists are rough, etc.  

I plan to go to the grocery store before I go to the dentist.  I am not sure if I will go to just one, or try for two or three.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day and stays safe.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Jean, it's cool & cloudy so I am happy that we aren't getting more rain.  I feel so bad for the people in MI with such terrible flooding.  Sorry that your Stan Herman robe still hasn't shipped.  Good luck with getting your car serviced & maybe some shopping while you are in the city.

Sydsgma. Yes, I would die if I had to live in an area that's hot most of the year.  Dry heat is worse for me as my normally oily skin is dry beyond belief and it takes a couple of weeks to get it back to normal.  My DH had trouble with his breathing, so hot weather is a double whammy for us.  Last September,  we were in NM & OK on vacation for two weeks & it was 100° during the day and in the 50's at night.  The mornings were just glorious.  I am glad that your home is sold & hope that you don't have any big surprises with the house inspection.  Safe travels next week too.

Fressa, we are both in sticker shock with rx prices.  My DH got his first shingles vaccine on Tuesday at $175, plus the next one is due in about two months.  Today he got a call from his rx company saying that his 5 insulin pens would be $280 since he hasn't met his deductible.  The last insulin pens were $60 for 5 of them.  I am happy that my Uloric and Xarelto will be $120 each for a 90 day supply. No change for them.  I have a different rx plan, because my previous one wouldn't pay for the Uloric starting on January 1st & it would have cost me $1,150.  Yikes!

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Linda L, good luck with your dental appointment.  I have always had a fear about going to the dentist & we went every 6 months.  He was rough and I can remember my Mom not telling us that we had an appointment until we got up that morning. I have a dental appointment on June 8th.  I broke off part of a tooth 5 weeks ago, so I am not looking forward to going.  Good luck with your grocery shopping too.

It was a busy morning here.  We left at 8:00, went to all three grocery stores & were back home by 9:00. The stores weren't busy  & most people had a mask on.  It's a full time job wiping everything off & doing laundry.

Our only plans for the holiday weekend are going to 4 cemeteries tomorrow and putting flowers on my parents gravesite.  

My DH just got back home from getting his new hearing aids.  Lord, I hope that he doesn't lose them.  He goes back next week for a checkup and then will able paying $3,200.00.  Could be worse I guess.

My next infusion is on June 1st & I need to stay healthy.  We are looking forward to seeing our 3 dgc when I am all done. We will be self distancing, but I am going to make a few sweet treats for them & we are going to give Chris some surprise $$ for getting straight A's again this semester. It's been a tumultuous year for him.

The other two dgc are still doing classes online and don't get done for a couple more weeks.  By then, we are hoping to treat them for a job well done & hopefully doing a self distancing lunch.

My DH keeps yelling, TURN THE TV DOWN.  It's been loud ever since he lost a hearing aid two weeks ago.

The sun is coming out.  It's lunch time and then hot tub time.  Then I am going to bake a batch of strawberry rhubarb muffins for tomorrow's breakfast.

Esteemed Contributor

Twinny--Since we both take Xarelto, I couldn't help but react to the price you are paying. I pay $30 for a 90 day supply. What a difference! 

Barbara--I would enjoy your dry heat. The humidity here makes 90+ temps feel even worse. I do have people lined up for support when needed.

Fressa-- I haven't picked up very important prescriptions lately. When the Covid-19 thing started, I took advantage of Humana's offer to do a 90 day supply earlier than needed. As a result, it added to what I had will likely take me to late June or early July.

Linda--I do hope your dental appointment goes well as well as your grocery shopping. That is a good story about the seniors who were relocated because of the flooding.

I paid some card bills and despite my intentions to do things, I didn't accomplish much. I am now heading for my afternoon reading.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Jean, you are getting a good deal with your 90 day supply of Xarelto.  I am ecstatic to be paying $120 for a 90 day supply.  I had been paying $388 for a 90 day supply.  

My DH got his new hearing aids and they don't have batteries.  He just has to plug them in each night.  We shall see how he likes them.  Just one more thing to remember how to take care of.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello all, I did some grocery shopping yesterday and then started to work on the garage addition (yesterday and today).  That was a job I started in 2018 and made decent progress in and then sort of let slide in 2019.

The weather is nice - sunny and dry - which is a welcome relief from all that rain we had.  I wanted to strike while the iron was hot on that garage -  before it got too hot outside for me to work comfortably.  There's probably a little more I can do however for now I am satisfied.

I feel so bad for the folks in my state impacted by the floods.  Midland area is over 125 miles from me so glad to not have to worry about dams and sunch.

I also scrubbed down the lawn chairs and convertabench.

Tomorrow I want to hand prune the leafy shrubs in front of the house.  Saturday will be lawn day and if the forecast holds then it will be rain for like 6 days in a row Woman Surprised

@sydsgma1   Barbara, congratulations.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise