Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, MARCH 23rd)

Good Evening!  Glad your DGS made it home early, Fressa.  Jean posted that she is in the rehab facility, but I didn't get any other details.  Apparently, her niece (or perhaps cousin) lives near the facility, which is nice.

Our weather continues to disappoint -- cooler, more wind and clouds than normal here.  They are predicting lows in the 30's starting tomorrow night.  Certainly not getting any breaks on the heating bill.  Oh well, at least I have heat.

Yesterday, I had my last two OLLI classes for the "semester" and both were quite good -- update on foreign policy (in person) and a son's telling of his Mom's experience in the Holocaust (on Zoom).  I plan to buy the Kindle version of his book.  

I have seen some pretty pieces of jewelry today, but fortunately have resisted ordering any.  Hope any of you who did like them very much.

My friend Bev was supposed to start on a special chemo treatment last Monday, but could not do so since she was bleeding again.  Fingers crossed that will happen next Monday.  Meanwhile, she had the shots in her eye(s) today.  Sometimes, they really bother her, but hopefully not this time.  

I did my grocery shopping today as well as delivered hospice supplies.  Also went to the gym.  All went well except for some high prices at the grocery store.

Waves to Fressa, Bernie, Glenda, Susan, Desert Lily, and all of our posters and readers.

Sleep well everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, MARCH 23rd)

Hi Linda @LindaLatte   I'm glad that Jean was placed in a rehab and even gladder Woman Very Happy that a relative lives nearby.  It's been my experience that folks who have the occasional visitor in a rehab do better than folks who have no one.  Gotta keep the staff on their toes Woman Wink

My JCP order came and all of my items are winners.  I love JCP Heart  They've been my store now for 42 years and I can count on one hand the number of items that were a disappointment over the years.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Birdmama--Glad to hear that your entire JCP order arrived and are "keepers". I used to buy all the boys jeans at JCP before they closed the store years ago. I also found the nicest bed linens in that store. 

I agre with you about the facilities. I think it's better when you have a relative /friend who can drop in once in awhile.

Esteemed Contributor

LindaLatte---Thanks for the update on Jean. What a relief for her that she is in a fcility and has someone who can check on her. That's always a good thing for everyone.

Your OLLI classes always sound interesting to me. I've always been facinated by history.

I will keep Bev in my prayers as well as Jean.  Hopefully the doctors will help both of them.

I did purchase a necklace on Jewelry day. It's the match to a ring I purchased years ago. I've been looking for a necklace for years. It's a combo gift to me. I always tell the hubby that I don't want a gift for all these occasions that happen yearly. I'd rather wait until I see something that I really like and want. Then I buy it and just let him know what he got me. LOL He loves it because he never has to worry about the special occasions. It works so much better for the budget in the long term planning.