Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, MARCH 1st)

Good Morning, Ladies!  It was quite cool when I got up, but I had covered my outdoor plants, so hopefully they will be okay.  I bundled up so I wasn't too cold when I did my indoor power walking and had breakfast.  They are predicting highs in the 60's today and plenty of sun.  This weather is more to my liking.

It is hard to believe we are already into March.  This is my husband and daughter's birthday month.  The funny thing is that December is his daughter and my birthday month.  

I may be tempted by some of the silver they are showing today, but I am not planning to purchase.  While I have plenty of silver jewelry, I am forever losing one earring.  I would love it if I found some of the missing earrings like Charlene did a while back.

Hope the gym isn't too crowded this morning.  I have a caregivers meeting today, and hope to be able to go for coffee after the meeting.  Then, I'll visit DH and the hospice nurse is planning to visit as well.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Have a nice day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. My knee has been bothering me quite a bit the past few days, and I'm wondering if the weather is making my arthritis worse.  Hopefully, the warm-up and dry weather will make it better.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, MARCH 1st)

Linda--Thank you for starting the thread. I do hope your plants will survive the cold snap. The year is passing quickly, and Spring will soon be here. I do hope DH is feeling better and is awake when you visit. The weather does have a role in arthritis or it does for me.

Well, I was doinng well on resisting any silver items until they had to mention that they had the Affinity diamond angel wings in earrings. I have the ring andd love the design, so the earrings are coming home to me. Yes, easy pay attracted them to me also. If I don't love them right out off the box, they will go back.

I couldn't sleep last night so I finally got up and started sorting things I finally got tired so I went back to bed around 6am and slept until 10am. I'll likely go to the city tomorrow. I need to get my nails done and I have a 30% off coupon. I may check out that NuWave air fryer as I like the way it looks. I just hope the weather improves in the UK by the time we go. Snow and transportation issues are not what we want to face.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Good morning everyone!  Linda - thanks for getting the thread started.  Sounds like things will be working out regarding your DGS's truck settlement.  Things like that remind me of the importance of having an emergency fund in place.  Good for you for converting the over-ripe bananas into banana bread and then sharing!  I like banana bread so much I'm afraid I'd eat it all myself.  I can't believe that you remember me mentioning having found a lost Eterna Gold earring.  Lost for years, and then I found it inside my dresser underneath a sliding drawer.  And just how did that thing get there?  Jean - enjoy the relief of having the tests done and having good results.  It is quite the relief.  Hoping that the WV teachers get treated better.  Sydsgma - I don't blame you for feeling tired after a visit with 4 and 7 year olds.  We love them, but they're still tiring, lol.  Bernie - Once again you made me laugh - this time about buying the birthday cards for 6 year olds, only to find out they were turning 7.  ROTFL!  Susan - congrats on getting your tax info turned in.  I just finished organizing all of my part.  Now my DH needs to gather the info on his side job.  We are planning on turning in our papers next Monday, then our appt is for the following week.  

We got a little bit of rain a couple of days ago which was much welcomed.  I think we've only received 3 inches of rain.  March is our last month of our rainy season and we're 8 inches of rain short.  Don't think we're gonna make it.  At least it felt a little bit like winter this week.  FASHION - I find it so much more fun to put together looks during winter than summer.  Today I'm wearing black jeans from Walmart, a red Susan Graver liquid knit top, and a Karen Scott black/red print vest from Macy's.  Jewelry will be silver and onyx pieces from QVC that I've had for 20+ years, and a recent Ann King cross charm bracelet purchased used from ebay.  Fun to put together a look, and fun to see where all the pieces came from.  High-end.  Low-end.  New.  Used.  Doesn't matter to me.

Oh Jean, I forgot to mention that I received the Don Aslett rubber broom and I really like it.  We have a light-colored berber carpet, and a dog with long black hair.  Our vacuum picks up everything but that dog hair.  Voila!  The broom works great on picking up the dog hair with a minimum of effort, and then the vacuum gets everything else!

Waves to all, and I hope you have a pleasant Thursday!  ~  Charlene

Trusted Contributor

Hello Ladies, I had forgot about it being silvrr day...but I do remember in the past I would park myself in front of the tv watching.  one of my girlfriends up in Maine would take the day off from work and we would email one another back and forth to see what we bought!    I did see the crescent moon pendent and chain and the ladies here who are friends on f.b. Know how I am interested in space,moon,stars etc so I just may get that......also I noticed they have a silver whales tail pendent...I have both silver and 14k gold ones I had bought in Hawaii on one of my trips.......when I saw it it reminded me to go look for them and wear. 

i had gone out to the store this morning and it was pretty crowded...we are suppose have a nor'easter coming in tomorrow...a lot of rain...3 inches and maybe turning into snow before it ends...and really bad winds....town is saying to expect power outages.

Not much else,this afternoon at 1pm  my Yankees will have one of their spring games televised so that's what I'll be doing.........official opening day is March 29....so if this month is like the rest it will be here before I know it.     Have a. Nice day everyone...Marijane

Honored Contributor

Hi ladies, be well,

http://www.lovethispic.com/uploaded_images/299128-Happy-First-Day-Of-March.gif?1

Esteemed Contributor

Charlene--I am glad that the Aslett broom works well for you. We are beginning to have another couple of days of rain. We have had more than enough rain, so it would have been good if Momma Nature had sent part of it your way. I agree with you that it is easier to put together fashions during the cooler months.

Marijane--I used to park myself in front of the TV each time QVC would have a special jewelry day. I remember when the hosts would put on costumes for the events. I remember the 18K gold shows when Pat James Dimentri would wear a beautiful gown to present the jewelry. Now, it is sterling plated with 18K or 14K. If you purchase the crescent moon, etc. jewelry, enjoy it! I used to enjoy a simple collection of dolphins but then people started overwhelming me with dolphin figurines. I saw the warning about your weather; it will miss us on the way up to visit you but we will get the colder temperatures and rain/snow.

meallen--Thank you for the lovely graphic and welcome to March. We will blink our eyes and it will be April; time passes so quickly.

I've watched the news, so it is now time for a reading break. Nothing I am going to do at this time will change the outcome in the Legislature.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

We often talk about wants versus needs on this thread. I saw this today and couldn't resist posting it:

wantversusneed.jpg

I guess the need for biscuits and gravy was more important than the want of a nice body....and it is food that feeds the body.

Honored Contributor

Linda @LindaLatte  I hope that your husband is doing well today.  Damp weather definitely aggravates arthritis.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Jean @KonaKat  The earrings that you chose are really pretty.  I like the hinge design of the closure - it's discreet and secure and yet it doesn't strike me that it will be tight like a spring loaded omega back.  

I've been watching a new pair of hoops for a couple of days.  I thin I'll  cancel the waitlist for the Linea Scythe necklace and earrings set. 

Louis showed another sneak peek of a different necklace/earring set that interests me even more. 

Since I am retiring, odds are I will get more wear out of these hoops than any new costume jewelry set.   Plus, the hoops are cheaper :-)   

Italian Silver 1" Textured Hoop Earrings - J382900

Honored Contributor

Hi Charlene @cerb  It's been snowing here for the past several hours.  March 1st and it's looking like Christmas outside of my window - I don't mind :-)  I prefer fall and winter clothing myself.  Summer never did thrill me from a fashion perspective.