Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, MAR 8)

Linda @LindaLatte  I'm glad that your husband was doing well yesterday and that your grandson has a new 'ride'.

The entire right side of my long yard had well established perennials when I bought the house.  A situation with my neighbor developed after my husband passed away and I decided that I needed a privacy fence - ASAP.

In my desire to get the privacy fence installed in the least amount of time, my sister and I worked an entire day with to remove all growth from that side of the yard.  I actually needed a chainsaw for some of it.  Now, had I thought it out better, I could have tried to transplant the various blooming shrubs to the other side of the yard.

I might try some flower boxes after I retire.  I don't mind using annuals the first year. 

I'm also going to plant some seeds for perennials and if they grow, they grow. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Charlene @cerb  When you're sick you want comfort.  I had ordered a hardcover book dedicated to Prince by a company called Wax Poetics.  Yesterday as my fever was cresting 102 I thought wow, didn't check the mail.  There was the book delivered on my front porch.  I was too loopy to read it, but I did open it and looked at the cover picture and just smiled.  Made me feel a little better.

Honored Contributor

Hi @meallen616  how are you doing with all this erratic weather and the storms?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@twinny70  I'm glad the PT is helping you.  It was really windy here today.  We got the slightest dusting of snow.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Bird mamawrote:

@twinny70  I'm glad the PT is helping you.  It was really windy here today.  We got the slightest dusting of snow.  

Bird Mama, we got 2" of snow on Tuesday & a dusting yesterday.  It was so much better than the heavy rain that we  got a couple of weeks ago.  Lot's of small towns around us were flooded.