Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, MAR 29)

Barbara @sydsgma1  It's been the strangest thing.  I more or less prayed on it to make sure that I wasn't making a knee jerk reaction or a decision based on emotion.  When I turned in the paperwork before Christmas I was on cloud nine and smiled so much for two days that I thought I was going to sprain my face, lol.

After the new year, it was like old news to me.  This week had no nerves, no reservation, no nothing.  Today I went to work and frankly I was more emotional saying goodbye to the Comerica Bank tellers at the branch in the RenCen complex than I was going in for my last day.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@LindaLatte  It was crazy busy yesterday with work and my little retirement gathering in the conference room (then dinner with a co-worker after work) that I missed posting yesterday.

I read about your DH's bleeding blister.  Does he move his feet around alot under the sheets in bed.  Sometimes my Dad did that when he wasn't feeling good - I think it's an unconscious movement - and that sometimes caused 'hot spots' on Dad's ankle or heel of the foot.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Jean, welcome back.  I bet that you had a nice time.  I always liked riding on a double decke bus.

Bird Mama, Happy Retirement.  It is the best job in the world!

We are at least 6" below our normal precipitation.   I didn't get hardly any snow & I dislike rain..  After having a great March, April will start off being cold & no snow!

It has been a busy week.

I had PT on Tuesday & our niece & gn came for supper.    Yesterday we went to a funedeckerral & I had PT this morning & after getting groceries  we had lunch out with friends.

I have my infusion tomorrow morning.

I am busy doing housework because our DD & her family are coming down on Sunday for church & lunch here.

Regular Contributor

Hi Ladies...checking in as it has been quite a while.  I’ve been reading almost daily, but at night, as it has been a super busy tax season.  It may be worse for me this year since I had some long lasting effects of the flu.

Conrgratulations, Bernie...enjoy!!

Welcome home, Jean...glad it was a good trip.

Marijane, it’s a happy day for Mets and Yankees fans...I love baseball season.

Linda, hoping the new hospice nurse works out and that DH’s blister is not too troublesome.

If I don’t get back here...wishing you all a Blessed Easter and peaceful Passover.