Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, MAR 19)

Bernie--That is a dramatic increase and no doubt part of it is due to more available testing or people seeking it.

The reviews on the ones I ordered said they were great as hand towels and general household cleaning. I'm forever tearing off a paper towel and not getting it torn properly. It would be nice just to pick up one or the number needed.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

I usually buy those 'select a size' paper towels and sometimes the towels are not perforated properly @KonaKat 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Jean, we are supposed to get thunderstorms this afternoon and evening.  Yuck.  The ground is already soggy.  It's too bad if your Australian vacation is cancelled since i I know that you & your niece were looking forward to going.  We are ordering a curbside lunch tomorrow from our favorite Chinese restaurant.  

RetRN, the only shopping we have done since last Friday is grocery shopping.  It's a good thing that we weren't looking for tp, paper towels or Chlorox wipes.  The shelves were bare in all 3 grocery stores.  Very few people in any of the stores which was a good thing for us.

Marijane, there is very little traffic around here, but lots of things are closed down.  It's drive thru or curbside pick up.  We are doing this tomorrow for the first time.  We prefer to eat in.p

BlueFinch, we grocery shopped last week looking for just what we needed.  We didn't know then that things would be so scarce today.  Thank goodness we were able to get what we needed.  There was no tp, paper towels and hand sanitizer.  I am so glad that you got back and safely.  Yes, It's one day at a time.

Linda L, it sounds like all of us with spring/summer travel plans will have to make different plans.  It's too bad about your eldest dgs job and wedding are both in

limbo.  Maybe your Sept trip will happen.  Thanks for Cerb's pix with the goats.  Yes, she is a beautiful lady.  

Bird Mama, I am sorry about the first death in your state and a lot more diagnoses.  It's good that you can go to the grocery store for yourself and your sister.  It's got to be nerve wracking for you and your sister right now. That was a good deal on the folded paper towels.  Hopefully you won't need to buy  more for a long time.  Nice spring picture too.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama,I like the select -a-size & we have a big pkg. of them.

It was nice to get out of the house this morning and get the grocery shopping done until next week.  Lots of empty shelves, but we got what we needed.

We have made a lot of progress with our whole house spring cleaning.  Yesterday we finished our master bedroom & did my bathroom.  Today we just got done doing 1/2 of my sewing/computer room.   More heavier things to move out and clean behind.  It's soon going to be time to go back and finish up.

Next week we will be doing the basement one room a day.  Then last & my least favorite will be the garage.

Christopher is sad that he won't be able to go back and finish his first year of college.  All dorms had to be cleaned out by today, I think.  Hopefully things will be worked out for the fall semester.  

Graduations are in limbo and lots of other things.  

My niece is disappointed because their class trip to DC is cancelled.  She is a Jr. in HS and bought several new outfits for when her band was planning to put on concerts all the way  from her hometown & on the way back home.  Their 40th Showtime musical has been postponed & lots of us have our tickets.  Prom is most likely off.   Not the end of the world, but they have practiced for several months already.

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry about your grands plans/school/college being cancelled, twinny.

"The best laid schemes of mice and men often go away" seems a very appropriate saying at this time.   

I forgot to say that you inspired me to do some extra cleaning and sorting yesterday afternoon/evening.  I guess it takes a national emergency to get me going.  LOL

By the way, I thought that was a beautiful picture of Charlene -- lovely lady inside and out.

Esteemed Contributor

Twinny--Sorry about the disappointments in the family caused by cancellations. An adult who has been through thinngs can understand the disappointments, but for a young person who has looked forward to a big event is usually devastated. Nothing has officially been said here about the future of school, but many seniors are very upset.

Well, I had a hair appointment scheduled for tomorrow. The governor just closed all hair and nail salons and barber shops effective at Midnight.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Sorry, Jean.  DD told me that her salon was closed as of yesterday, and her appointment had been cancelled.  Not sure if it was due to an order from the government or not.  In addition, DGD's rheumatologist closed their office as of yesterday.  Getting more and more serious.