Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, MAR 14)

Good afternoon, shopping friends. It is a beautiful sunny day here, but my prayers and thoughts are with those in the Midwest who are facing Mother Nature's bad side.

Last night, I had a good night's sleep, the first of this week. In fact, I slept longer than my norm and awakened with what I call a "sleep hangover," the loggy and tired feeling from too much sleep. After about an hour, the feeling and headache passed. Needless to say, Midnight was not happy with me and his insistent pats on my face were what awakened me.

I went to the city yesterday and did the currency exchange. Because I saw JCP was supposedly having a bra sale, I decided to see what they had. My favorite bra has been discontinued, so I am in search of 'the bra" to replace it. What works at first may not after two or three hours. What is a 38DD in one style may not fit the same as in another style. Either there are many with my size or not many are stocked in that size but I always have problems finding my size in the style I like.

I checked out with 4 different styles, all of which worked at that point. The checkout person clear on the other end of the store tried to convince me to take out a JCP card in order to save $40 on the bras. The last thing I need is another card to track, so I turned it down.  I imagine she would have gotten a perk and I would have saved $40 on the bras, but I just didn't want to deal with another card. I already have one store card and that is enough as the Visa, MC and AMEX work well for most of my purposes. Yes, the $40 would have been nice to save but I just wasn't in the mood to play the game.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, MAR 14)

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Glad you were able to sleep well last night.  Also glad you found some bras that will work for you now that your tried and true is being discontinued.  I hate that when it happens for something I love and have been wearing for years.  It is rare that I find something that is just as good or better. 

I am with you about those store cards.  At this point, I do not have any of them, but I used to have JCP and Kohl's.  I'm sure the clerks get some sort of perks for pushing them, and they are good for that first purchase and some perks after then. But, not enough perks to make me want to have one.

I had an appointment for an oil change for the car this morning, and got there early.  Much to my surprise, they took the car early, and I'm already back home.  I even stopped at the store to pick up some milk.  I might have made it until tomorrow, but the thought of no milk for my coffee or cereal tomorrow was not a good one.  

DD's deck is complete, and she loves it.  But, the contractor pointed out that she needs a new door that goes from the house to the deck.  She knew it wasn't in good shape, but he found it is rotten and could fall off.  When she looked before, it was an usual size so she was concerned about the cost of a custom door.  He said that it often doesn't cost extra for a custom door, and he will get an estimate to her.  The joys of home ownership.  Not.

My SIL is a bit better, thank goodness.

Yesterday's hospice visit went pretty well, and I managed to do all the other errands I had.  Whew!  

I plan to go to the gym in a little while, and then I will see if I can do some more cleaning.  Also received a new bookclub book (from Amazon) yesterday, and I would like to start it -- "A Dog Walks into a Nursing Home".  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day.

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. It is sunny and cool here -- only 33 degrees when I got up and headed for the upper 50's.  Much cooler than normal for our area.  But, thank goodness no storms, etc. like other areas have.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for getting us started today Jean @KonaKat 

You must have slept hard to get a sleep hangover Woman Happy  Midnight gives you love taps to wake you and I'm pretty sure Grayson has some rooster gene in his heritage.  If I'm not up first (and that's rare) he will coo loudly and nonstop ( I don't know how he breathes) until I get up. 

I went to the dentist this morning and she removed the old bridge then worked my one molar over in preparation for the new bridge.  I was happy there was just a small spot of decay and it was not bad.  Of course any time they do a crown or bridge they seem to really go at the gumline so I am uncomfortable right now. 

Makes me feel even sorrier for folks who have gum issue and have to go through periodontal scraping/cleaning.  Bless their hearts.

I was pretty numbed up and left the office with quite the speech impediment however since I was feeling no pain, I hit the grocery store on the way home.  I felt obligated to do so because I ran out of nuts for the squirrels after I fed them yesterday morning.  

While I was at Meijer's one of the female employees said hello how are you doing and I said, just fine and you?  She then asked if I was interested in a Meijer credit card and I blurted out Oh no!.  I caught myself and added thank you so much for offering Woman Embarassed

I have my Visa and Amex.  I keep my home depot card alive every couple of months in the event I need something major done - I can finance it at zero percent for like a year or so depending on the charge.  As a matter of fact, I charged the toilet handle and nail brush earlier this week.  I don't want them to cancel that card.

Caroline, the dental assistant mentioned something to me about severe weather so I caught the noon news.  My part of Michigan is under a slight risk of rocky weather according to the guy on TV.  Since I don't trust that any of the Michigan meteorologists know what they are doing, I'll keep my eyes on the sky and watch nature.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Linda @LindaLatte   I'm glad that your daughter is pleased with her deck and that your SIL is feeling better.   

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Linda--It is good that your DD is satisfied with her deck. I'm sure that the door replacement will add to her happiness despite the added cost, Home ownership has its costs, but for many that is the way to go. I"m glad that you were able to get your car in for its service early.

Bernie--Yes, Midnight got me  up in the middle of the night as is the norm and then again in the morning. I had my cell handy so I took a pic of him patting my face...claws retracted, of course. If I were to get another store card, it would be from Lowes as they have free delivery to my little town but Home Depot charges a big price for delivery.

I'm still somewhat tired, sneezing and running a slight temp but I spent the afternoon resting and reading. I plan to go to the city on Saturday to get my hair trimmed, colored, and have lunch with a friend. I also need to get another med organizer so that I can have a week's backup supply in addition to the two weeks supply to be used. I am always afraid of something happening to a supply or some delay that would keep me in a location longer than anticipated. This is shades of memories of 9/11 and planes being grounded.  Some of those meds keep me ticking so I make sure to have a supply, along with all my health info with me.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.