Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, MAR. 10)

My DH called a little while ago to see if I could fix lunch for my brother, nephew & DH.  Luckily we had some fried chicken left from dinner last night, cheese  & buns from mom's funeral, chips & dip & homemade SF chocolate chip cookies.  DH is helping take off all of the switch plate outlets, nails & screws from all of the walls so my DB can start Painting.

Jean,  It is nice that you have the day off of work to recuperate before your procedure next week.

Sydsgma, It is nice that you will have pool time today.  How fun for Sydnie to get the new puppy & also wishing her good luck at the competition.

SPIX, I have used some of the Sally Hansen nail polishes with good luck.

BIRD MAMA, How awful to hear about so many layoffs.  Yes it does make you think before shopping.

LINDA L, What a nice birthday present if you buy that DB coat for your DD's birthday.  I am glad that your DH is sleeping a little bit better.

Nice to see Pinky posting again too.

Karen,  I think you were working on some difficult situations.  Hugs & prayers for you too.

The weather has been fabulous, & they said on the radio today that we just had the warmest winter since 1900!

Respected Contributor

Hi girls!  Dare I hope spring is here? It's 78° out, although it's cloudy today. I do have to check the PO - my Earnings Report from SS should be here - but apart from that have no special plans.  Yesterday I took the dogs for a drive and went to Walmart "just to look around."  I did get another hot pepper suet cake for my birds, and had fun browsing the coloring books - I'm really addicted!  (OK, OK...I sucuumbed...) Cat LOL

I had ordered some metallic markers for coloring from Amazon, and between the time I ordered and the time they were shipped, the price went from $10 and change to $6, so I called for a price adjustment. (They'll do it once per item on a substantial difference.)  They told me to refuse the package that was on its way and to reorder at the lower price; doesn't seem to be a very cost-effective way of doing business!

Twinny, it's good the funeral is behind you; now you can begin to heal. I'm you have family around you.

Bird, that's the scary part about working for a company.  I thought I'd be with Smith Barney until I retired, but after 10 years there was an upper management change and I and the rest of the middle management in our department got laid off, one by one.  I still miss them; they were like family.  Cat Sad

Hope you're feeling better, Jean; sometimes it's good to just stay in and rest.

LindaL, I'm glad you get to have time to yourself - you certainly keep busy! 

I had planned on doing my exam last night, but the computer was acting up and I got frustrated.  I guess maybe I'll do it now, then get down to some cleaning - ugh!  I have to keep reminding myself of how much better I'll feel when it's done...

Hi to everyone - have a blessed day!

Honored Contributor

Hello all. Thanks @KonaKat, for starting us off today. Sorry you have a sore throat, hope it is better by now. And especially hope it doesn't create a problem for your procedure on Monday. Glad you got the registration straightened out on your new car (or I hope so anyway).

@LindaLatte, hope your daughter has a very happy birthday on Saturday, very nice of you to get her the DB jacket. That would be a great gift. Glad to hear your husband slept better last night and hope that continues. It makes a huge difference in how your day goes. Believe me I know about that, as I sleep very poorly, almost every night...if I get 4-5 hours sleep it is a good night. Been that way for years now. Your afternoon plans sound nice.

@fbm8282lsm, enjoy your IM pants. I haven't tried them as of yet. Awww, new babies, sweet.

@spix, I use Sally Hansen nail products and like them very much. Seems to make my manicures last longer than most other brands I have tried, hope you have good luck with them too.

@Bird mama, oh man, I hate to hear about all those people losing their jobs. Keeping fingers crossed for you.

@twinny70, hope you will soon be feeling a little more normal, but it does take time, and will hit you at unexpected times for quite a while.

@sydsgma1, nice to see you post. Bet Syds can't wait to get that puppy. How fun.

@FunkyHulaGirl, how are things looking as to getting your HVAC repaired/replaced? I can imagine the temps down there will necessitate having that working soon. Good luck.

I got directions from my soon to be grandson-in-law today, for the hospital where they will have their baby next month, in the city that is about 3 hours away from me. I will be driving to the city when she lets me know she is at the hospital (and staying till birth), as a stand in for her mom/my daughter, who will be driving in from California to spend a couple weeks. Got my laundry done today, again, and worked on the downstairs bathroom for quite a while today. Standing on the ladder tends to make my back hurt, so that's why this job is taking me forever and a day, lol. We have had really nice weather with just a few showers off & on, just enough to make it too muddy to do anything outdoors. Hope everyone has a nice evening. Waves to all.....

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

I'm not in the market for a coat, however if I was going to try a Dennis Basso it would be this one, in navy

New Dennis Basso & More

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise