Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, MAR. 10)

Good morning, shopping friends. I could have worked today but I felt I needed a break as I need to get rid of this sore throat Now, if the proposed assignment had been as easy as yesterday's, I would not have hesitated to say "yes." The reality is that I need to make sure I get rid of this bug before the procedure on Monday. I do  work tomorrow in an assignment I reall enjoy.

It dawned upon me that I had not received my permanent registration card for the new car and time was running out. I had called a month ago and they could not find it in the system Today, they could not find it in the system but an individual took the time to do some research.

After 15 minutes of listening to "Country Roads,"  the individual reported finding the paperwork but someone had neglected to put the info into the system. Now, I am expected to get my permanent registration card in ten days. Time will tell but I really don't want to be stopped with an expired temporary registration card.

Yesterday, I was in the mood to shop and almost bought an outfit on the easy pays but then reminded myself that if it did not sell out, then it would be available later on. Easy pay may not be available then but then the price at $59 doesn't demand easy pay.  Easy pay is one of those motivators to tempt people into impulse purchases.

I do like the TSV but have no need for it at this time I still have one of DB's similar jackets that I took with me to Australia. I like it but don't wear it that often here so it is in excellent shape. That jacket is slightly longer with a removable lightweight lining.

I am trying to maintain my resistance to buying "wants" for a period of time. Sometime this Spring, I will treat myself to a "want." Right now, I have more than enough clothes, shoes and handbags.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, MAR. 10)

Angel Smedley posted this on Facebook. Very true for me!! I have a box sitting on the deck. Now to open it!! I think it is my Amazon Subscribe and Save items for my favorite mouser!! I got tired of carrying 25 pounds of cat litter from the detached garage to the house.

QVC.jpg

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning!  Thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Sorry you are fighting a sore throat.  I know how much you enjoy working, but it is important that you are okay for the procedure on Monday. It also helps that you have an assignment you enjoy for tomorrow.

DD's birthday is this Saturday, and she mentioned the TSV jacket yesterday.  I will purchase it for a gift if she wants it.  I have a somewhat similar DB coat -- no hood and different liner -- that I have worn for many years.  I don't wear it that often, but it still looks very good.  I still get compliments on it.  Mine is red with an animal print liner.  

DH slept much better last night -- thank goodness.  I was so tired yesterday afternoon/evening, and I got a headache.  I used to have migraines and regular headaches often, but in recent years they haven't been much of an issue.  

I have my British history class this afternoon, and DH will go to the club while I'm there (just a couple of hours).  After that, the hospice nurse should be visiting DH.  I plan to take a walk and probably pick up a couple of things at the grocery store this morning.  I also plan to do my "strong bones" workout today.  It isn't as fun doing the workout at home as with the group.  But, it is still a good workout.

Waves to Kathleen, Arlene, twinny, Bernie, snicks, spix, Susan, Marijane, LindaR, Rosa, Charlene, Barbara, Karen, Gayle, pinky ann, and all of our posters and readers.

Have a good day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. My SIL sent an e-mail saying that she and her "boyfriend" have broken up.  He is quite a bit older, which was one issue.  But, there were other problems with their relationship.  I'm sorry that it didn't work out for her, but better to quit before she got in too deep.  

Valued Contributor

Good morning!

I love the TSV but have more jackets and coats than I need.

No shopping on the horizon, I did get the Isaac Misrahi 24/7 ankle pants, I love them , I will get lots of wear out of these.

It seems as though everyone in SW Virginia is battling bronchitis or some respitory ailment.  I am on an antibiotic and am feeling much better.

Mark's son and DIL had there baby March 5th all went well.  We were both there and now we are waiting for my son's baby, due date is 3/13/16.

I hope that everyone is well.

Esteemed Contributor

How exciting Rosa!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Linda--We may have the same coat; mine is black. I think the TSV would be a great gift for DD's birthday. Enjoy your afternoon history class while DH enjoys his activity. I'm glad he was able to sleep better.

Rosa--I am glad you are enjoying the IM ankle length pants. Arrivals of new babies are always exciting. I do hope you don't get the bug that is circulating in your area.

I'm not regretting taking the day off. I was able to get some things doneas well as relax. I see some reading in my future after I have lunch.

Six easy ways to practice realistic minamalism:

http://thefinancialdiet.com/6-realistic-ways-to-practice-minimalism-that-dont-suck/

Respected Contributor

Good Morning, stopping by to say hope all of you are doing well as can be.

Will be heading to Walgreen's going to try the Sally Hansen gel manicure polish, no lite, on sale & I have coupons, have never been able to polish on my nails for any length of time, always chip, etc the same day, thought I'd give this a try, don't know if it's difficult to remove, I thought I read that someone said she peeled it off?  any ideas?

Take Care & have a great day

Honored Contributor

Hello all -

Rosa, congrats on the new babies.

I heard last night that 32 folks from our IT area were walked out on Monday.  So far, two of the names given to me are people that I worked with during my time in IT (1996-2005).  Nothing like hearing that to cure me of any desire to shop.  I don't even want to see it.

I'm waiting for my three pencil skirts and one t-shirt to be delivered from JCP.  Unless they get some tall summer weight pants in - I don't even want to look at JCP.  JCP has been 'my store' for over 35 years and you know it's bad if I don't even want to browse them :-(.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

I am just getting a bit more back to normal.  Mom's funeral on Monday was beautiful with a lovely luncheon afterwards.  After much anxiety going on, my sister & her husband did show when the short visitation began & left as soon as we were done at the cemetery without conversing with anybody

I was very sad on Tuesday as our DS & DDIL flew back to Boston.  Our lovely niece & her family left for home & our DD & her family went back home on Monday night.

I knew that I had to be strong for our DC & DGC.  So now I am letting it all out.

My brother & I went to the attorney on Tuesday.  My DH & I picked our taxes up yesterday & we get a small refund back.  We also took our tax lady mom's stuff.

My brother & one of his college age sons are at mom's now.  He wanted mom's very beautiful grandmother clock which had been her parents wedding present.  He agreed for getting the clock, he will paint her entire home & fix the ceiling light in the spare bedroom.   My DH & I are very happy with the arrangement.  I will be getting my mom/ grandma's diamond wedding ring.

The weather has been beautiful so I have been hanging laundry out all week.  SPIX, I couldn't hang out when you did last weekend as my clothesline just got put outside on Sunday.

My brother & SIL are coming on Sunday to help me with some thank you notes. It will be a big job.  DH goes to the dentist tomorrow to get a filling replaced.  The fun never seems to end around here.  I will post as I am able to.  I read each night so you are all in my thoughts & prayers

Hugs to all of you.

Respected Contributor

It is a beautiful day here..I may go to the pool this afternoon. Sydnie has her first competition this weekend.,she is excited so I hope she does well.

Jean...feel better soon. You get a much more thorough exam than my dh does...his are done in the office. Sometimes it is hard to ignore the wants.

rosa...congrats on the babies.

Inda..glad dh did better last night.

bernie...my dd has worked for 3 major health insurers including your company. There is always something going on. She got caught up in a lay off 4 years ago but found a comparable position at another big compsny

Twinny...(((( more hugs))))) to you. I am sure your mothers service was beautiful. Glad you had most of your family to support you. It will get easier with time.

Syds puppy is housebroken and will come home in 3 weeks.

have a great day.