Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, JUNE 9th)

Good Afternoon!  The weather is living up to the excessive heat prediction (105 degrees today).  It was already 85 degrees when I got up this morning around 5:15 a.m.  I heard from Barbara that she is feeling the heat -- her area is usually even hotter than here.  Her DH is better now that they have cut back on some of his medication, but he continues to get weaker every day.

I finally heard about Bev -- she is still in the hospital since her "dead" kidney is infected.  I know Bernie is shaking her head.

DD and the caravan made it to South Carolina today, and the trucks are unpacked.  I didn't realize that there is even more stuff to pick up in Maryland -- storage units.  So, she and youngest DGS are planning to drive up again on Tuesday.  The only other news from her family was that middle DGS and his fiance have adopted a cat.  

My grocery store visit was disappointing -- very little available at real sale prices -- the sale prices are mostly higher than the previous "regular" prices.  I bit the bullet and bought what I needed, but no splurges other than items for the food bank.

The hospice supplies were ready early today, and there were not as many boxes as usual.  So, I think I will have time to go to the gym.

Most of my itching has stopped, and my throat isn't as sore.  I am blessed.

No non-grocery shopping for me today.  I hope any of you who ordered/purchased items here or elsewhere enjoy them very much.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Have a nice evening, and please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, JUNE 9th)

Linda @LindaLatte   85 degrees before sunrise is nothing short of disgusting Woman Very Happy  I watched the local news this morning and when the weather guy showed the 7 days forecast I said out loud to no one - Awww Geez.  It's going to hit upper 80's and low 90's next week and I'm dying already.

I'm so sorry that Barbara has it even hotter than you. 

As far as Bev's tragic medical care is concerned, I've tried so hard to not write anything negative.  It serves no one and why stress you out as her friend.  That said, this last update has me uttering a few choice curse words.  I will get it out of my system and double down on the prayers for dear Bev.

Glad DD and the caravan made it home safe.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Birdmama--I "ditto" your opinion of the medical profession. I always have to scrub "sopmething' to get it out of mys system. 

Esteemed Contributor

LindaLatte---Glad the convoy made it to SC.  It's always a relief when you receive the news. Hopefully, they will have all of their "stuff" in one location by the weekend's end. I'll cross my fingers.

Grocery shopping is a role of the dice with prices, supply and quality. I'm even starting to wprry about chow for the dogs. I order their food but I hesitate to stock up  (ignoring the $$) because I fear that too many bags of chow might attrack unwanted critters into the house. I don't know--maybe it's just me. 

I will keep Barb and Bev in my prayers. I never had a high opinion of the medical profession based on my issues and those of other family members (son and mother). I just expect them to know a bit more than what we can "google". 

Glad you are feeling relief.