Super Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, JUNE 9)

@KonaKat wrote:

Jenniferjuniper--Laws vary from place to place. Dogs tend to run free here. In fact, my beloved first cat who survived all the trips across the street was killed by two huge dogs who came on the deck and attacked him and then ran off. The dogs did not belong to any of the neighbors. I agree that it is very sad when something like this happens for a variety of reasons.

Konakat - whether or not there is a law in place, responsible pet owners keep dogs in a fenced in yard. Cats are more difficult to contain because they can climb most fences.

Trusted Contributor

Hello Ladies.....sorry yo hear about Honeybun Arlene..hugs to you.

Linda thank goodness DH did not hurt himself last night when he fell....hoping he has a better day today and is ok at his club.

Charlene enjoy your time with your friends and have no problems returning your ink cartridge to Wal mart.

Jean I know what you mean about needing a vacation after you come back from one...happens to me too!

Went to store this morning and picked up a few patio pots filled with flowers for my boxes on front steps....I still have more to plant in pots though.  IT was cold this morning low 50's but warming up......sunny but pretty windy....yesterday we had rain in the afternoon so Twinny I did not float....doesn't look like a good day today either.

Have a nice afternoon .....Marijane

Trusted Contributor

Sweetee2 Just letting CERB know that my Wal-Mart won't except returns on ink cartridges , so if it were me I would call first before going all the way over for nothing.

Esteemed Contributor

Marijane--Enjoy the flowers for the patio. We had chilly temps last night also but it is supposed to be in the mid-90s on Saturday.

Sweetee2--I think it is a good idea to call and check about the ink cartridge before making the trip. Thanks for the suggestion.

They are selling the LightStim right now as I just turned the channel to the Q. I actually have that gadget when they said there would be 60 days to try it out before the return period expires. It works for me. It is temporary but works better than a heating pad and the effect seems to be more effective the more frequently it is used. I keep it by my chair and use it daily.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Walmart won't let you exchange ink cartidges even if they are unopened?

I have two of them..one I opened and another not..I read the post somebody on here posted that they were returning theirs and you said they do not allow it? Does anybody know if that is 100% true?

I know things like Games to game systems you can't return if opened except for the same game..same for DVD's etc...I am not going to return the opened one..but I was hoping to exchange the unopened one. I grabbed two of the wrong size..mine wasn't $20 but more like $13..but still lol..

We have leash laws too but not in their own yard....but most people do put them out on a tie up here or walk them on a leash ..as we don't live near a road but we do an orchard and neighbors don't feel like chaisng through the woods and here the risk of ticks is a HUGE Issue.

Regardless it doesn't make the pain any less and the devastating feelings that come over us. Our furbabies our part of our family! 

Esteemed Contributor

I just called WalMart--the largest one in my area--and asked about the policy on return of ink cartridges. They can be returned if unopened accompanied with a receipt. If opened, they cannot be returned.

It is time for Midnight and I to take our afternoon Kindle break.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Hello all, thanks @KonaKat, for the start. I wish my day was for relaxing, lol. I am like you in that I like a day to relax after a vacation. Enjoy yours. Too bad you forgot your compression hose on the trip. And about the fluid retention also. I have heard about the PB substitute but have never tried it. I love PB. It's funny how easy it has become for me to not watch any QVC, except for AM Style, and then I am chatting more than watching. I even forgot about the Linea show and I love his clothing. I did look at what had been shown though, didn't buy anything.

I am so sorry about FHG's dog, heartbreaking.

@CouponQueen, we don't have a fenced in yard, live in a quiet neighborhood on a dead end road, but I go out everytime my dog goes out. She's really good about not leaving our yard, but...she's a dog and you never know for sure what a dog will do.

@LindaLatte, so very sorry DH fell again, hope today is a better day for both of you. I understand how worried you are about his condition. Do take care of yourself also.

@cerb, enjoy getting out for a while and I hope you have no trouble returning the ink. I have no idea if they accept returns of them where I live.

@Genny1, wow, that's still pretty chilly. I'll bet your patio pot flowers are beautiful.

I straightened the house, did pool maintenance and mowed the yard this morning, now I am going to shower and will pick hubby up from work a bit later and take him for a stress test. Hope he gets through it with flying colors, but I'm kind of holding my breath on this. Need to hop in the shower. Will check back later in the afternoon/evening. Hope everyone has a nice day. Waves to all....

"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

Just taking a short break before I head to the gym.  My eyes have really been bothering me yesterday and this morning.  And, I think it is due to sweat running into them.

Anyway, I'm not sure about the ink cartridges, but I think my Wal-Mart is pretty good about taking returns as long as you have a receipt for an unopened item.  I have never had any problems with returns.

Charlene -- DH's DD is coming for a short visit the week before DH goes into the facility for two weeks.  Hopefully, I will not need to make any major decisions before then.  

Regarding leash laws and fenced yards -- when I had dogs back in Maryland, there were both leash laws and I had fenced yards.  But, that didn't stop one of my dogs from running away.  She was a small dog, but could dig under the fence or climb over it.  And, off she would run. I had a difficult time chasing her, but fortunately, we were not near a major road.   And, another dog managed to get out of her collar and run off with me holding the leash and collar.  She was heavier and harder to handle.  I don't know the specifics in Arlene's case, but I know she cares deeply for her pets.

Super Contributor

Ummmm we all know that Arlene's dogs frequently get out and run away. Poor dog.

Respected Contributor

The rv park is very strict about having your dog on a leash but my dog still ran out one day to go potty and before I could grab her she had run up to another (leashed, smaller) dog.  Not only that, but 2x she has been attacked by smaller dogs that were out on a long line and the adult was not outside that second.  Here at home there are no leash laws. Expecting an animal to ALWAYS be where it is supposed to ...  well is a nice ideal but it's an animal.

My condolences to Arlene. I know she is devastated and I'm very sorry to hear it.

Linda, having your Sweetie fall must be very disturbing. I wish you had family around who could help you.