Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, JUNE 6)

Good morning, shopping friends. I'm doing my best right now not to buy wants. The cable has increased, as has the telephone and internet this month.

I see that my Lisa Rhinna TSV has reached the city, so it may have made it on the UPS truck for delivery to the Post Office today. I was stepping out of my normal pant style with the wide legs but I did like the Denim & Co. beach pants on me. If it isn't love out of the package, they will go back.

I've been very good at getting in over 10,000 steps each day this week. Hopefully, I will be able to maintain this. I did get my cholesterol test results and all factors were normal for the third  year in a row. I work hard most of the time eating the right things but sometimes portion control can be a problem.

So far we haven't had any rain today. At least, we have been fortunate to avoid flooding.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, JUNE 6)

Good Morning Jean @KonaKat   It's overcast here and looks like it could rain at any time.  I need to check the forecast.  We had a really good downpour in the early evening yesterday. 

It waiting for the new easy spirit clogs and the American West earrings to make their way to me. 

I'm old enough to remember when I used to order things by mail with the understanding it could take 6-8 weeks to receive the item.  I find if I look back to the good old days, I get less frustrated with slow processing and shipping.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--It is getting overcast here so I guess we have rain in the future. You made a very good point about shipping back in the days when catalogs ruled. I remember as a youngster my family ordered from the catalogs and a trip to the city to shop might be in the Fall and in the Spring. I remember how I enjoyed the Chsistmas catalogs.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Hi Jean and Bernie and all who join us throughout the day.  I've been bad as far as the wanties are concerned this past month.  At least I was good prior to that, so overall I haven't been that bad.  Sorry to hear that your regular expenses have increased Jean.  It can be frustrating.

When I went through my many, many clothes a few weeks ago, sometimes I was really glad that I had hung onto clothes, and sometimes I was frustrated by my hanging on to things and was glad to purge them.  The big difference?  The clothing I was happy about were items that I liked and wore in the first place.  The only reason they were in storage is because my weight had changed and they no longer fit.  The clothing I was disappointed by were things I wasn't satisfied with in the first place, but hung on to, with the hope that someday they might work out for me.  Knowing that, helps me when I am thinking about making a new purchase.  I should never have to "talk myself into" keeping an item.  If the color is just so-so on me, then it's not a keeper.  If I have to keep adjusting the garment so it hangs right, then it's not a keeper.  If the fabric is scratchy or uncomfortable, then it's not a keeper.  You get the idea.  But I have had a tendency to talk myself into keeping things, inventing scenarios in my head whereby I might actually wear an item.  Geesh.  

That said, I was thrilled to find certain items I had in storage.  I've lost 20 pounds this year and was happy to "shop" for smaller items in my own storage tubs.  I didn't have to go out and buy new capris for the summer because I already had some!  Saved me time, money, and frustration.  So yay me!!!

Well, my life continues to be quiet as I recover from my surgery.  It doesn't hurt quite as much as it did at first.  Tuesday I had half the stitches removed from my eyelids, and this afternoon I am having the remaining stitches removed.  There's one little place where my right eyelid is a little "off" compared to my left eyelid, but the doctor said I need to give the swelling a chance to go down some more.  Sure hope so, because it looks a tad weird at the moment.

Hope you all have a nice day, and to quote Jean - if you shop, shop wisely!  ~ Charlene

Esteemed Contributor

Charlene--I do hope the final results of your surgery are pleasing. I've always wanted an eye tuck on one eye which I had cut many years ago, so the muscle holding that lid up became weaker than the other. What a pleasure it is to have clothes awaiting you in your weight loss. Now, that you have lost the 20 pounds, please don't keep the bigger size "just in case." That is just telling yourself that you will gain it back.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening!  I had a busy day with Caregivers lunch, meeting, coffee after (really ice cream), gym, and then a trip to the grocery store.  All good, but I'm feeling tired at the moment.

Glad to hear about your cholesterol results, Jean.  I am having the bloodwork for my physical tomorrow.  They like to have the blood work done a week before the appointment.  Hope you got your steps in again today.

Hi Bernie.  You are quite right about shipping in "the old days".  Seems like a long time ago.  i also remember going through catalogs and making up "wish lists" for Christmas, etc.  

Glad you were able to find some nice clothes in storage, Charlene.  Good you lost the weight, and I hope you are able to keep it off.

Hope everyone sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda