Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, JUNE 30)

Hi Everyone!

It's sunny and hot (for our area)with temps in the high 80's to low 90's. The wees are surviiving but the flowers are wilting a bit. So far, the tomatoes and peppers are coping. I'm glad I splurged and purchased those veggie containers for them. So much easier to water and keep them from drying out.

I've had migraines all week so I'm doing a bunch of "mini" projects. it keeps me busy so I can forget about my head. I don't think I will grocery shop this week. I should have prescriptions to pick up next week and usually combine the trips. 

I did order the set of 2 mesh Peira storage cubes and they arrived quickly. Great for storing boots and tennis shoes. One of these days I have to re-organize the organizers. LOL

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, JUNE 30)

Fressa, it's been a nice week, but we are going to be in the upper 80's & low 90's today and tomorrow.  YUCK!   One of my tomato plants🍅 died & it was the expensive one from Wal-Mart.  The other 5 are still thriving.  My dh waters them early morning and after the sun goes down.  I am sorry about your migraines.  Thank goodness I don't get them.  It looks like your new  storage cubes are winners.

My dh had a spot on his cheek and wrist removed on Tuesday.  We are waiting for the lab results, but they are healing nicely.   He goes back in two weeks to get the stitches out.

Its supposed to be in the 70's on Saturday and Sunday then mid 80's on the 4th of July with a chance of rain later in the night and early Tuesday morning.  I am hoping we can go to the local fireworks.   We are taking them to the bus station early Tuesday morning.

I feel like I haven't had time to think this week.  We have been getting ready for our ds and ddil to fly back up here on Friday.  We are picking them up at her friends house an hour away on Saturday.  We haven't seen them for 3 years, so I am sure I will have tears in my eyes.  

I have been planning simple meals for lunch and dinner on Saturday.  Lunch on Sunday is going to be at our favorite Italian restaurant.  Monday is going to be a small family party of 8-10.  Very manageable for me.  Fried chicken from one of our  grocery stores, scalloped potatoes, corn casserole that's easy and just goes in the oven.  Two dessert salads & strawberry shortcake which I will make. Something festive either cookies or cupcakes from our favorite grocery store.

Since I hadn't heard from the UW Clinic as of this morning in regards to my second opinion, I called my local clinic and told them.  

I haven't been to the gym all week as my exercise has been in the house.  Thank goodness for the hot tub to soak my weary bones.

We will be on the road here and there for the next week.  Nothing long distance which is good.

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda

Esteemed Contributor

I haven't read these forums much this week Susan.  I hope that your Mom recovers nicely from her surgery.  Have fun at your party this weekend.  

Bird Mama, we got rain a few days ago but might get more a couple of times this week or next week. We can use it.

Linda, that's great news about your dgs having a job.  

Glenda

Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening and thanks for getting us started, Fressa.  Sorry about your weather and migraines.  I went through years with migraines, but knock on wood, not for the past 15 years or so.  I keep seeing advertisements and articles about new migraine treatments/medications, but I know they don't work for everyone, including my DD and DGD.  

You have certainly been busy, Glenda.  Hope you have a wonderful time with your son.  I have not seen my DD and family for three years, and I know that I will be emotional when I finally get to see  some of them in September (hopefully that visit will happen).  Sounds like you have the meals under control.  Hope your DH is okay.  

I had a busy day -- grocery stores, luncheon with my "newcomers" group, and then hospice deliveries. 

The deliveries went well, until the last person -- what a mess.  Their home was very far out, and the road wasn't good (sort of roller coaster like) and bumpy until I came to a dirt road -- I certainly wished that I were driving a jeep or something similar rather than my car.  Anyway, I turned at the drive indicated by the GPS, and found a very nice home.  But, the two gates were locked, and there was no way that I could get to the door to knock (other than scaling a wall).  I called the office, and they called the person -- no answer.  So, after all of that, I didn't deliver the supplies. Then, I got horribly lost on the way home (GPS lost its signal).  What a waste of time and gasoline.  The head of the office was nice about it, and I think someone else will try to deliver the supplies tomorrow, but I feel defeated.  

I did see some very interesting scenery -- mountains, mine tailings, etc.  But.....

Sleep well everyone.  Can't believe it will be July tomorrow.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Waiving at @Fressa  and @twinny70  and @LindaLatte 

Glenda, we're getting scattered rain and unfortunately it's scattering around my house, lol.

Linda, I'm sorry that you weren't able to make the final delivery of the day.  If there are any men volunteers, maybe they should be the ones to deliver to the more remote areas.  You've gotta be careful.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise