Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, JUNE 24)

Hi Everyone!

It's sunny and not too hot today. YIPPEE !!! The tree guys arrive tomorrow so I have my fingers crossed for zero rain until they are done. (3-5 days for 8 trees from the storm damage) 

Today is our 32nd wedding anniversary plus 3 years of dating prior. It's hard to believe. We are just enjoying the week doing small projects/errands at a slow pace and ordering take out from our favorite places. 

I'm playing phone tag with the third insurance adjustor. So far I have 3 people involved with our claim and very little hope of getting a check for any of the damage. Tomorrow I hope to upload all the pictures we took right after the storm. I needed a few days just to clear the small debris so you could walk safely around the yards.My hubby has posion "something" from cutting down the smaller trees and limbs and dragging them to the sides of the property. No fun...

I did make a call to the new business that we have to service all the a/c and  furnace equipment. I wanted to get an estibate on a new water heater and a whole house generator. I was in sticker shock again. UGH!!! The same supply wait is in place for either of these as well as price increases monthly. I still need a few days before I even tackle the thought of them.

I still have car appointments and some medical labs to handle that I keep forgetting to do. Honestly, I don't know what happens to days. It seems I'm always doing something but there's always something else that needs done. At some point, it all has to be done.At least that's what I keep telling myself. LOL

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, JUNE 24)

Good Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Fressa.  Happy Anniversary!  Hope the nice weather continues.  No rain here today, and warmer.  It should continue to be hot and even get hotter for a few days, and there is a possibility of rain and cooler weather next week.  At least it isn't the extreme heat.

DD's exterior house painters have finally started after many days of delay due to the rain, etc.  Their gutters were cleaned and repaired yesterday.  The price wasn't too bad, so she is happy.

Good luck with the insurance adjusters.  I am wondering if the rash on my left leg is just cactus needles or some sort of irritation.  At least it isn't inching.  Hope your DH's "poison" doesn't bother him too much.

I went to the grocery stores this morning.  For some reason the lines at one of the stores seem to go very, very slowly.  Twice in a row, this was caused by the checker showing a customer how to use her phone to get coupons.  Go figure.

I am waiting to hear about the supplies from the hospice coordinator. If I don't hear something by 2:00 p.m., I may check with him.

Jean and her niece are returning from Alaska this evening.  They have had a nice, relaxing time.  I can't believe her trip is almost over.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Fressa,  Happy Anniversary to you and your DH.  Enjoy your take out dinner.  Good luck with getting the tree's taken care of.  I hope that the insurance company gives you something for the tree's.  We have had a few calamities in our house (not tree's) since we built it, but the insurance companies were very generous.  I try to keep up with medical appts, but they creep up on us.

My infusion on Monday went well and we were able to see our two dgs's & enjoy a carry out lunch and gift opening with our 2nd dgs as he just graduated from HS .

I forgot to tell you that we had our first eat in lunch since March 7 of 2020 last Thursday at a Cracker Barrel on the way home from our trip.  It was 1:30 & just 3 tables being occupied.  Yesterday we had a mid afternoon eat in lunch at Fizoli's (sp)?   We were in a section all by yourselves.  We are slowly trying to break loose safely.

We will still wear a mask when we are grocery shopping etc., safe distance and wash wash wash our hands.  The gym no longer requires us to wear a mask, but we have one with us just in case.  We have gone to the gym three times this week and there have only been 4 of us coming & going.  

After 5 days of beautiful 70° weather, we are supposed to get rain and low 80's for the next 10 days.  We need the rain so I am willing to dodge the rain drops.  

Linda, we went to the nearby cemetery yesterday and found my niece's grandpa's tombstone.  I went to take a pic of it, but my camera battery was dead.  It's only a 20 mile drive, so we will go back another day.  Then we went to Big Lot's in another town and I bought a clock radio which seem to be obsolete.  It's for our guest bedroom & is a perfect size.  

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda

Esteemed Contributor

LindaLatte--Thanks for the updates on Jean's vacation. Alaska is one of top favorites for places where we would like to live/see. Vacations time seems like it moves at warp speed. 

It's good the house painters finally have the weather to start painting on your DD's home. I think everyone wants a big project done asap once you decide to go ahead with it..

Sorry your grocery line was so long. I find that so frustrating. The line at the pharmacy and grocery are always slow at the store I use. It's a big store but they just don't have enough cashiers. Two thirds of their staff is assigned to grocery pick up. They reduced the hours of the cashiers and rotate their schedules so they lost quite a few people with that decision. 

I can't believe it's CIJ in June. I better get moving with organizing the holiday storage room. LOL One of these days I will be done with all my projects..... I  hope.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Linda L, we were posting at the same time.  It's nice that your DD is finally getting their house painted.  I have noticed that we have to wait a while in the different grocery stores as they are short of workers and we had a customer once that didn't know how to use her phone.  We got lucky at two of the grocery stores this morning as we were able to get checked out at the service desk.  The shelves are well stocked so that's a plus.  Good luck with getting your Hospice supplies & another patient. I am sorry that your other patient went down hill so fast.

We are going to get a carryout lunch with my bf tomorrow. She was in our town on Monday,  but we were at my Infusion Center.  It will be so good to see her as we haven't seen her since her dh's funeral.  Lots of things to catch up on.

Glenda

ETA: I forgot to say thanks for the update on Jean's vacation.  I didn't know they were coming back this soon.  

Honored Contributor

@Fressa 

Happy Anniversary Wishes For a Couple | Marriage Anniversary Greetings

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Wow it feels like Jean just left for her vacation Linda @LindaLatte   If it went by fast for me I can only imagine how fast it went by for Jean and her niece.

I did the grocery shopping this morning and was frustrated when I saw the sign for card only, no cash at the u-scan.  I wanted to pay cash so I had to stand in the line.  I was able to mow the front and back yard when I returned home from the grocery store and am happy that's out of the way.  We just had some rain sprinkles and our forecast from tomorrow until a week from Saturday (july 3rd) includes rain every day.  We need the rain however I hope we don't get any flooding - not good for residents and not good for farmers.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise