Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, JUNE 20)

Good afternoon, shopping friends. I've spent most of the morning sorting, cleaning, etc..It is another gloomy day with rain off and on so since I can't control Mother Nature, I decided to focus upon some things I can.

I was up at 5:30, had breakfast and got in a half hour of exercise before watching the morning show and Dan's 30th anniversary with QVC. I watched enough to buy that handy dandy windshield and other glass cleaner that has so many good reviews. V34742.  I also made a run to the Dollar Store to purhase a new litter pan. Those are my big purchases for the day. As I left the store, it began to rain.

I'm now off to do my afternoon reading. Have a great day.

If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, JUNE 20)

Jean, I got up at 6:15 & put in lots of laundry.  I had two loads out before 8:00.  I am watching the Or Paz show& didn't know that Dan's show was on early this morning.  Darn.  It sounds like you are doing a great job with your exercising.  

I have been trying to read the posts this week,  but haven't had time to respond.

We had a nice Father's Day with our dd & her family.  The Italian restaurant was good, but our dd wasn't feeling well after going to 3 graduation parties on Saturday.  She isn't used to that much rich food in one day.  Christopher informed us that he had his drivers license & a helmet with him as did his dd.  They took the mopeds  for a spin.  All is well.

It's been an adventure this week.  On Monday we decided to go to a Kohl's store about 45 miles away from home.    I had $10 in Kohl's cash.  1/2 way there a stone from a large  truck going from the other direction hit the windshield & put a dinger into it.  I bought a navy blue/white skort for $19.00.

We came back home and went to see our insurance agent.  He told us to go to our local glass co.    They were able to do it right away  for $73.  My dh paid them & then was reimbursed by our ins. co.

On Tuesday,  we were running errands & decided to go out for breakfast.  On the first bite of his omelet, his bridge came out.  He called the dentist & got in this a.m.    It came out at the dental office as soon  as it was cemented back in.   The dentist  recemented it back in & told him to come back up on Monday to have it done properly.  As soon as he got back home, he put his tongue up there and wiggled it out.  Arrgh!  He has an appointment at 6:30 this evening.  I was not a happy camper.  It will cost $900 to get it done properly.

Yesterday I had a fun lunch out with a former co worker.  We went to our downtown Chop Sticks.

I did my walk downtown before lunch for the first time all week.  It rained off and on yesterday, but we have had a lot of great 70° days.  I am so happy to have cooler weather.  The 80's and rain are on the way by Friday & going right through the weekend.

We have lots of things going on starting tomorrow right through the weekend.  July will be here before we know it & then we will be extra busy.

Hugs to all of you.

Honored Contributor

Hello Jean, I was happy to see the rain come down gently after I had been up for a while this morning.

I put that miracle gro grass food on the front lawn yesterday.  Even though it mixes with water in one of those canister things that attaches to a hose, some reviewers mentioned they burned their grass when they used the product.

I did it mid day yesterday fully expecting rain to hit around the 6 or 7 o'clock hour.  I was a bit peeved when I went to bed around 11 pm and it was still dry as a cork outside.

The rain has been gentle (like an oscillating sprinkler) so I think it's helped to move the grass food down into the soil.  

I spotted a lamp at 'my' Meijer's yesteray that looked like it would be a good replacement for the one that putzed out last weekend.  It was kind of banged up so I decided to visit a different Meijer today to see if that store had it.  They did and I managed to get in on clearance.

I used the harp, lampshade and finial from the broken lamp and am back in business Woman Very Happy

I stopped at a CVS on the way home and bought some more Maxwell House, lol.  I never want to get that close to running out again.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@twinny70   is the dentist charging $900 for a whole new bridge?  If your husband is getting a new bridge for that price, it's a bargain.  The 3 piece fixed bridge that I had replaced earlier this year was over $4500 (dentist cost).  I ended up paying $800 and something because the insurance company refused to pay for the core buildups on 2 teeth.  Even with xrays and photographs.  I was just glad to get out at $800 and something.

Esteemed Contributor

Twinny--You certainly have had a week of mishaps but perhaps the Kohls purchase is the bright spot. It is good that you had the glass replaced quickly. I have had a windshield and a side window replaced over the years  because of gravel thrown by other vehicles. I am sorry that DH is having such problems with the bridge repair.

Bernie--It is good that you are getting the kind of rain beneficial to your fertilizer efforts. Our rains have not been gentle and a county an hour from me has flooded streets in the town for first time in years. Locally, we had hard rains but not in the degree to cause flash flooding locally. I have no idea what dental bridges cost but that is very expensive and since many do not have dental insurance, it would be difficult to pay over $4,000.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, the $900 is to reattach the original bridge.  The dentist took xrays & said that the tooth that the bridge will be reattached to is solid.  A new bridge would be $5,000.  My DH has an appointment at 6:30 this evening just to cement the bridge back in temporarily.  On Monday he has two appointments to fix the bridge properly.  It sounds like you are making good progress with your lawn work.  We had a nice rain yesterday off and on & it looks like we will be getting rain this evening and off & on all weekend.  

I am so ready for another vacation!  

Esteemed Contributor

Jean, last summer when we were out in the PNW, we had a stone chip the windshield.  Because of the extremely hot weather, the quick fix out there didn't work so when we got back home, we had to have a new windshield.  Our deductible was $500.  

Yes, shopping is a good therapy for me sometimes.  

My 🍅🍅🍅 plants are looking good.  Last week I got the qvc bloom spray stuff.  It's supposed to produce bigger plants and more tomatoes.  I sprayed them last Thursday and this afternoon.  It says once a week on the spray bottle.  We shall see.  It's been dry so we do need some more ☔☔☔.

Honored Contributor

@twinny70   wow, when your beloved has the work done please let me know what in the heck they did to him to deserve $900.  I see now why you are bummed out.  

Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, if the $900 keeps the bridge in for a long time, I will be happy.  Today it only cost $24 for the xrays.  The cement job was free.  Tonight will be free.  I just want him to have  a 👄👄 of teeth to get us through the weekend.  We have plans to go out for supper and Concert on the Square tomorrow night.  Saturday we are having company coming and on Sunday we are going to ⛪.  Right now I laugh evertime he opens his  👄👄👄.  

Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening!  We are still having hot and dry weather here, which is okay with me.  Sorry you are having so much rain, Jean.

That sounds like a lot of money to get the bridge back in, twinny.  But, I guess it is worth it if it stays in place a very long time.  Sorry about the windshield, but glad it was repaired quickly..

Your dental insurance sounds great to me, Bernie.  Glad you were able to get the lamp and the coffee.  Hope your lawn will benefit from the spray.

Hospice had a memorial fellowship for people whose relatives had died in the past year, and I thought it was quite nice.  The Caregivers (nurses, aids, social workers, etc.) were there as were several of my friends whose husbands had passed.  They also had some treats (coffee, pastries, etc.)  I didn't have much, but it was nice.

Then, I raced home to have a sandwich and go to my Caregivers meeting.  That went well, and then three of us went for "coffee" -- actually rootbeer or coke floats at the coffee shop nearby.  They had a special == only $2 for a very big drink this afternoon.

It was pretty late when I got home, but I went to the alternative gym, and I'm finally able to relax.  

My friend Jo Ann and I will be having lunch together tomorrow, and I have strong bones class in the morning.

My youngest DGS got the results of his CT scan, and he had pneumonia.  I think he is better now.  DD got her new furniture (ordered when I was there) -- two sofas and an ottoman, and she loves them.

So, it has been a good day.

Hope everyone sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda