Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, JUNE 18th)

Good Morning, Ladies!  Hot and dry here, but not as hot as normal with a high of 97 degrees predicted.  It felt nice on my walk this morning.  They are predicting very hot weather for next week with highs of 107 both Tuesday and Wednesday).  I am certainly not looking forward to the added heat, but June is typically our hottest month, so it isn't a surprise.

Our governor has announced that local jurisdictions can decide whether to mandate the use of masks in public.  Not sure what my county will decide, but I know the infection rates, hospitalizations, etc. are really going up in Arizona.  As I mentioned late yesterday, my friend and I had a nice lunch -- the restaurant wasn't crowded at all (only two other tables occupied), etc.  While I didn't feel unsafe, I don't think that I'll be going out to eat indoors again for a while.  

My new rug (but not rug pad) should arrive today, and I hope that I like it.  I plan to do my weekly grocery shopping today, and I have a Zoom OLLI class (about London) this afternoon.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day, and please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. I can't imagine living without an oven for a year or more since I love to bake.  But, I do not have a tabletop oven like you do Jean.

Trusted Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, JUNE 18th)

Good afternoon ladies, hope all is well.

Linda - Thank you for starting us today.  Glad your weather is cooler today, sounds you will be getting some hot weather soon.  We are at 77 degrees right now, this is the weather I love.  I am a Fall season person, just can't handle super hot and humid anymore.  Thank you menopause.   I am sorry the numbers are going up in your area.  My side of the state is still down but the eastern side of PA is up.  I wish more people at the protests would wear masks.  It is a hard time right now.

I went to Costco today and found handwipes, I was happy.  I know, I really need to get a life.  

Not much happening here, I am going out to get my last basket of flowers for my yard and I am done.  Well off to make the grocery list.  Have a good afternoon everyone.

Esteemed Contributor

Linda L. I am glad that you had such a nice lunch with your friend and it wasn't very busy.  Our county had its first death a few days ago  & the 65+ year old lady lived in our hometown.  She had several health problems, but it's still too bad.  I wish that everybody had to wear a mask.  We did our grocery shopping this morning and it wwwwworked out good.   There was only one person in Aldi's and she had a mask on.  The other two grocery stores weren't busy,  but there were a few people without a mask on.  I dodged them and went down a different aisle.  It's going to be hot for several days, which I don't care for.  I hope that you like your new rug when you get it.

Yesterday, we had a fun safe distancing lunch with my bf and her dh in our driveway.  They were coming to our hometown for grocery shopping.  They only have one grocery store and it's expensive.  We both got a carryout lunch from two different places.  Today would be too hot for all of us. 

She needed a break from a hectic time with her DH.  He gets into everything before she can hide some of it & put the rest of it away.  Before she could wipe it all down,  he came back in the house and opened up two large bags of cheesy popcorn, poured it into a bowl and dropped it on the floor.  Last week, he put the t.v.remote control in the microwave thinking that it was a bag of microwave popcorn.  It's a good thing that the battery didn't explode.

After sanitizing it all off, putting it all away & doing two loads of laundry I am tired.  I am lucky that my dh can help out.  It's too hot for my walk, but I am anxious to get into the hot tub after lunch.  

No big plans for today, tomorrow or the next day.  Lol.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

@PAlady wrote:

Good afternoon ladies, hope all is well.

Linda - Thank you for starting us today.  Glad your weather is cooler today, sounds you will be getting some hot weather soon.  We are at 77 degrees right now, this is the weather I love.  I am a Fall season person, just can't handle super hot and humid anymore.  Thank you menopause.   I am sorry the numbers are going up in your area.  My side of the state is still down but the eastern side of PA is up.  I wish more people at the protests would wear masks.  It is a hard time right now.

I went to Costco today and found handwipes, I was happy.  I know, I really need to get a life.  

Not much happening here, I am going out to get my last basket of flowers for my yard and I am done.  Well off to make the grocery list.  Have a good afternoon everyone.

Susan. I am with you about the weather.  I would love 60's & sunny all year round.  I am a fall/winter girl.  I like fleece coats, boots & the beautiful fall colors.  I can only take so much off when it's so darn hot.  I am glad that your numbers aren't going up.  Ours aren't real bad, but I wish that everybody that can wear a mask would wear one.  I would love to eat in a restaurant, go shopping & travel, but I feel safer doing what we are doing.  Not Much!  Good luck with getting your flowers.  

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

Today is overcast and it begins the rainy forecast  for days. We planted our grass seed in 1/3 of the patio/dogs area yesterday afteroon. The rain will help with the watering needed for that project.

I finished weeding the side gardens yesterday afternoon. YIPPEE!  by the time I was done I thought that I might have confused a mint humingbird plant with being a weed. LOL Honestly. I don't know if the humming bird mint plants didn't survive or if they look like a week until they bloom. My thumb is neon camo at this point. LOL  I did see the same type of plant in the lower side garden and I know I didn't plant anything there. I guess we'll be in for a surprise one way or another. I have more iris blooming and few other flowers. I see the wildlife have chomped back some of the plants and the poor hosta are hanging on for deer life.

Our hardware store had suet cakes on sale so I was finally able to stock up. We saw the woodpeckers return yesterday so we were pleased.

Today...the weather conditions and my health "issues" have caught up to me so I'm staying inside and home. I hope to feel some relief tomorrow so I can grocery shop and Father's Day shop. I'm way behind my usual schedule this year but am just taking it a day at a time. Still learning this "pacing" myself thing. 

This afternoon is construction of the TSV patio bench that finally arrived. Hopefully we have it done befor ethe storms move in.

Stay safe & comfy.

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--Thank you for starting the thread. Enjoy your slightly cooler temps while you can, especially for your walking. I've been following the Arizona situation. I know that you enjoyed  your luncheon but it is a risk. I've been to a restaurant once since ours opened. It was great to be able to eat out, but it is a risk. 

The restaurant might take the best precautions but some of those who choose to eat there may be carriers. Our state has had six people who went to the Beach in another state and ate out but now have the virus. They ate at a restaurant now closed because of employee who waited on them had the virus. It is a risk, and one that individuals need to evaluate what is best for them.

Susan--I agree with you about the people protesting. In addition to their being close, they did not take the precaution of masks knowing they would be close. Finding something difficult to find is something to make anyone happy.

Glenda--It is great that you were able to enjoy a lunch with your friend and her DH yesterday and was able to do so in a safe manner. Grocery shopping, and then preparing it for storage once home is very tiring. The hot tub will relax you.

I just returned from 45 minutes of physical therapy. I'm tired and feeling every minute of PT. I don't think I'll be doing anything this afternoon except relax. I did get my bras I ordered, and three prescriptions that were filled yesterday but had to wait for my going to town today.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

I watched the Lisa Rinna show. I really liked the duster they showed, but I would rarely wear it. I do have some of her cargo pants which have worked well for me.

I am lounging around in the very comfy Cuddl Duds TSV so I have made some Q purchases lately that are winners but I'm on a shopping diet right now.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Very sorry your friend is having such a difficult time with her husband, Glenda.  I know several women who participated in my Caregivers group that living with someone with brain issues such as dementia and Parkinson's can be very trying.  

Honored Contributor

I'm late getting to the thread today.  I spent hours soaking the backyard with the sprinkler today because it's about to get ugly (code for hot) in the next coming days.  I don't do well in the 90's especially when it's a humid 90's.  Ahh well, to each his own.  

A chipmunk visited my yard for food today.  That's a first for me and I hope it becomes a regular visitor.  What a cutie.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise