Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, JULY 8)

Hi Everyone!

I had trouble signing in to everything on the Q site today. UGH!!!  We're having rain, rain and more rain. It will save me from watering the gardens and hopefully having some luck with the tomatoes. There is a sever storm watch out for each day so I'm holding my breath with trees and power.

The insurance adjuster is scheduled for this afternoon. I'm not expecting much if anything but will see what his final inspection lists. I have had multiple answers from 3 different sources at the insurance company (that I've had for many years) . I don't care for that situation. Some of our neighbors have the same insurance company and have had different results. We'll see what goes.

I did watch part of the CIJ but only ordered an additional set of window candles for the ones I currently use. I remembered a few years ago it was impossible to find them. I thought I better have a replacement set "just in case" one breaks with all the blinds, etc. We do have some touch up work on the wood frames so I want to be prepared. The tree is tempting but I know that I don't need another tree. 

This week I was feeling so far behind because my break between donation pick up and decluttering was much longer than originally planned. I need to get back into it.I'm guessing the heat just slowed me down. LOL 

I did pick up my prescriptions and did the banking drive thru yesterday afternoon. YIPPEE !  I do have grocery shopping to tackle but I'm not sure if that will happen tomorrow or next week. I'm seeing articles here about people stocking up because of price increases. I hope they aren't creating another panic before we are completely over the original one. 

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, JULY 8)

Fressa--Thank you for starting the thread. I do hope the insurance adjuster is kind to you. I'm glad that you have done on your online business and have picked up your prescription needs.

I've just done small jobs around the house but did order a robe that was on sale at Amazon.

It is cool today with scattered showers. I wish everyone a pleasant day.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Fressa @Fressa   you'll get back into your groove.  When I brought the injured pigeon from my sister's house to mine last week I was out of whack for a few days.  Actually it started last Thursday.  It took a couple of days but I'm back on track.  You've had alot going on.  You never expected to lose so many trees and then you had to install new blinds unexpectedly so that you wouldn't roast in the house.  Be patient with yourself.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Hi Jean @KonaKat  Aside from laundry which I don't think of as a chore, I've put the 2021-2022 tab on my license plate and mailed my cost share for lab work done in June.  It's in the mid 70's which I would normally enjoy if it wasn't so humid.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening!  Don't be too hard on yourself, Fressa.  As Bernie said, you have had quite a few unexpected things happen.  Good that you were able to get your prescriptions, and I hope the insurance adjuster visit went better than expected.  Enjoy those window candles.

Hi Jean.  We had an expected thunderstorm yesterday evening.  It has been quite a while since the last one.  So far, we are doing better with rain this summer.  That is great news.  It wasn't great that the rain started when I was in the swimming pool yesterday, but I managed to get out and home before the thundershowers started.

We are back on the heat -- I think it got up to 104 or 105 this afternoon.  Not unexpected, but I am certainly getting sweaty these days.

Hi Bernie.  Hope it isn't as humid tomorrow.  

I went to an informal caregivers lunch today, and then did my hospice deliveries.  Next up are the bereavement mailings.  Tomorrow, I plan to do my regular Thursday grocery shopping since there was no time today. 

Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda