Trusted Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, JULY 30)

hello Ladies, funny day here so far weatherwise....very hot and humid...sun out then a few minutes later it gets very dark and rains for awhile..but we need the rain.

Hope your shopping trip with your mom today is not to exhausting for you Twinny.  Inam sure your mom appreciates it so much.

Kathleen when does your DD go out to SD?  What will she do with her new Jeep...drive out there?  s lobster roll is mostly the claws and tail that has been cooked beforehand and served cold..sometimes mixed with mayo ,..celery..up in Maine most places serve is plain with a plop of mayo on top. The roll is generally a New England hot dog roll which is different from a regula HD toll as the NE one has the opening across the top not on the side ...they toast it in a pan with butter till crispy.  There are tons of different versions of how people make them I tried to post here pictures but I don't know how to.  Anyway they are made sounds good to me!!  Glad you are enjoying your job and are a big help to the couple I bet.

Your DC must be tired from their travels Charlene but I know they had a great time.  How's the goats?

Barbara  hope you are feeling better after your infusion and your GD must keep you very busy.      

Getting really dark now and I can hear the thunder.....have a nice day everyone.....Marijane

Trusted Contributor

PS.  Kathleen I had never heard of a lobster roll  till we moved up to Maine...thought maybe it was some sort of roll with pieces of lobster put in and then baked! LOL.....

Esteemed Contributor

RC, thanks for the update on your DD's. It sounds like they living their dreams. GOOD for them. CO is a beautiful state & I have never been to San Diego. I am sure that San Diego is nice too. I am glad that you are not having a real hot summer like some parts of the country. It is nice here but we will get a couple of days in the upper 80's. Then they say 70's by next Tuesday. YEAH!!! LL, My shopping trip with mom was very simple today. She didn't want to go to the bank like she usually does & we only went into one store. She did go to the senior center today for exercises, so I think she was tired. MARIJANE, Thanks for telling Kathleen what a lobster roll really is. I have had them but didn't describe it very well. I was so hungry for seafood the day that you said you were going to get one. I am also hungry for clam chowder in a bread bowl from Quincy Market & the shrimp dinner from Jake's. It is a walk up to the counter place I think in Ogunquit. I have it written down in my small travel tablet. Now all I need to do is get there. LOL.
Respected Contributor

Yes the roll sounded good! My brother is at the house with DH they will be toasted when i get there lol. I'm glad DH is able to have some downtime. I know he's concerned but I'm going something comes up for his sake.
Respected Contributor

Marijane i can't share dates but she is due in about a month, will work at her recruiters fit a few days and get some leave too. Then drive Her jeep out there spend time with my brother and sil if there's time.
Honored Contributor

Just passing through to say hello.  I didn't have much to add today and work was a little busy :-)

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise