Respected Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, JULY 28)

@LindaLatte you are in my thoughts & prayers, I wish you good times ahead, enjoy your vacation, take time for yourself, recharge the batteries, so to speak.  When you return I'm sure you'll find DH content & well cared for, & know you did the best for all concerned.

Hugs,  Essie

Honored Contributor

@LindaLatte, I hearted your post on the other shopoholics thread. I can only imagine how your heart has been feeling the past several days, and today. It will be ok. You KNOW you did the best you could do and for as long as you could do it, for your DH. Take whatever time you need to adjust. This didn't happen overnight and you won't adjust to it overnight. Take care of yourself, take your trip, enjoy, come back refreshed, and visit DH often. I've said before and I meant it and still do, "I admire you for your courage and perseverance".
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

@LindaLatte

Your post brought me to tears.  I can't find the words right now to describe how much I admire you.  

Honestly, I know you don't know me from Adam.  I feel a genuine affection for you and your beloved.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Snicks1

Oh sweetie, I'm not a team lead, just the same level as the team lead. I've been this level since 2012.

Just new responsibilites - my manager and I spoke more later.  I understand better why she wants me to perform this particular function. She needs someone that the others can't walk all over, lol.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks everyone.  The hospice nurse visited DH in the memory care place, and he is doing fine.  I am blessed.