Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, JULY 28)

Hi Everyone!

It's another stormy day. The tomatoes seem to like it but the weeds are out of control. I't been hot and humid for our area but nothing like the other states. 

I finally got to the bank this afternoon. YIPPEE!!! There's a storm watch out so I was able to get right thru and back home. I won't necessarily do that most days but the dogs seem calm outside so I took that as a sign. That seems to work better than the forecast. LOL

I have some more decluttering to finish in the work room today and then I'm moving on to the nest area. I keep pushing back the peeling wallpaper & painting project. (I may have to bribe myself with cake and ice cream for that one. ) 

We did purchase siding yesterday to be installed in September. I sure hope we chose a 'good" one. Fingers crossed. I'll agaonize over these large $ purchases until after they are finished and paid.  

The local farmers market is now offering delivery if you can't get to the main location on Fridays. I'm really interested in trying it but I know I'm so picky about what goes in the cart. I have to decide by tonight to get an order in for Tuesday. Not sure.

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, JULY 28)

Good Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Fressa.  Glad you made it to the bank, and hope the storm won't be too bad.  Congratulations on picking out the siding.  Hope it was a great choice.  I would have the same hesitation about letting someone else pick my produce.  Walmart has been pretty good when I have pick-up orders, but I order very little produce from them.  

It was cloudy when I went on my walk this morning, but rain was not predicted until later in the day.  So, I didn't carry an umbrella.  I wore my sunhat, which was the only thing that helped protect me from the fairly heavy rain (at least kept the rain from my glasses and hair.)  I was on my way back from the farthest point on my walk, but still a good 20 minutes away from home.  The rain started out light, but quickly increased.  Big puddles to jump.

My across the street neighbor caught up to me about a block from home and offered me a ride, but there was no use at that point.  Soaked to the skin as my Mom used to say.  My clothes are slowly drying out, but the hat will take a while. 

Some days, I carry an umbrella and wear a rain jacket, and the sun comes out, and I need sunglasses.  What can I say.

As usual, I like the things you ordered from JCP, Bernie.  You certainly have reasonable gasoline prices, Glenda.  Ours are down to $4.45.  I didn't buy many groceries today since I will be going on my trip next week, but there were a couple of good specials (strawberries and cheese).  But, others were new higher prices "on sale". 

I should be doing hospice supply deliveries this afternoon.  Nothing else of note.

Waves to Bernie, Susan, Glenda, and all of our posters and readers.

Have a nice evening.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

I think, much like furnaces and A/C, when it comes to siding or roofing, the key is landing with a good installer.  @Fressa   I get what you are saying about owing money on big jobs.  I accumulated credit card debt in my 30's and even though I was never late paying and I had a great credit rating, it felt like I had a yoke around my neck.  I paid it off aggressively and swore I would never allow myself to fall into that trap.

I'm currently saving for some big jobs around my house because I would like to avoid financing as much as possible.  If nothing else I would like to have a large downpayment so I don't feel like I am suffocating.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Hi Linda @LindaLatte   What an unexpected way to start your day.  Good thing you were wearing a sunhat.  Good luck with the hospice deliveries this afternoon.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Birdmama---I saw this "money guy's" quote that stuck with me--borrow from yourself and not the bank during these times. That brought me a little relief from having to release the $ saved for so many years. Timing is usually never on our side but if not done now the prices will just continue to rise.We had too much tree damage from storms the last few years or we would have been right on schedule. I figure that at least our dwelling will be safe and secure so most of the worry will be groceries and utilities.