Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, JULY 28)

Good morning, shopping friends. It is a dreary day highlightened by the sunshine I must find from within. It is raining again, with flash flood warnings issued. This has been the summer of rain, one in which some areas of the country are begging for rain and we have too much. It would be wonderful if Mother Nature could distribute the moisture as needed.

I'm watching the SG hour but am not tempted by anything. There was some top on clearance for the mid-40s, and my first reaction was that is not a clearance price and I don't care if it will not be coming back. I don't like it enough at that price for clearance.

I checked my order status and see that the IM TSV is still in process. I can remember when if a TSV was bought one had to be quick on the cancel finger as that item would be out the door the same day ordered.  This delay gives people a great opportunity to change minds.

I have my contract signed and ready to be mailed. It is hard to believe that school begins in two weeks for students and one week for full-time teachers. I have a 16 month academic calendar I love to use, so I just ordered it from Amazon as it is cheaper than in the Office Supply Stores, and is not available in the less expensive outlets in the city. I use it to track everything on it.

My thoughts and prayers are with all our readers and posters who are facing challenges in life.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely one day at a time

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, JULY 28)

Good Morning Jean @KonaKat  and all who follow today.

This summer, Michigan has been the 'sunshine state'.  I would have sworn there was rain forecasted for most of the week.  Maybe the rain pattern zig zagged south?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Enjoy your thursday ladies,

Honored Contributor

Good morning all and thanks @KonaKat, for the start. It is indeed hard to believe that school is about ready to start again. Seems it just got out for the summer.

@Bird mama, we have gotten a lot of rain this summer, maybe we got some of yours.

@meallen616, cute graphic again.

Just doing my usual type stuff again today. Nothing exciting to report. Waves to all....

"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--I'll be quite happy to send the rain back your way. We now have flash flood warnings out. Rain is expected for every day through Sunday.

meallen--Thank you for the pic of the happy dogs. They certainly are contented.

Snicks--When you get finished with the "usual stuff" you can come down this way and tackle my place.

I was going to the city today to get groceries and perhaps see another movie, but the flash flood warnings and rain put an end to that. I guess I will have to wait until Monday when I have the car appointment as that is the first day without rain or flash flood warnings.

I'm watching the TSV being presented. I don't remember the last time I wore a shirt like that. I remember having a D&C faux suede similar one many years ago.

For the "fun of it," I checked to see if the IM TSV could still be cancelled since it is taking forever to ship. I got the message that it was now in the process of getting ready for shipment and could not be cancelled. How much you want to be the items I ordered from Amazon will reach me before the IM TSV?

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Morning All, Thanx @KonaKat for the start, & being smart to stay in with the forecast, we had a few days of that but still need more rain.

@Bird mama I'm South of you but no rain, really would like more, not storms but a nice all day steady rain

@meallen616 love those pups

@Snicks1 I bet your "usual" is a lot, you manage to always get things done

Well I have a load of wash out on the line, sun is shining but "they" say rain, yeah right!  Plan on staying home to finish some of the projects I started.  Getting a few bags ready for the VietNam vets, this time will be on my front porch, hope no one comes along to "collect" this time, think I'll wait till the AM to put them out.  All in all not an exciting day but I'll take it

Wishing all a wonderful day.

Essie

Trusted Contributor

Hello Ladies...it's a sunny,hot humid day again here Jean...we could use some of your rain...they are saying "severe" storms tomorrow though.   Some items of mine take for ever to ship too and others go right out...I should get that cardigan I ordered tomorrow.

Cute pix's of the doggies meallen, your pix always make me smile.

Bernie got a kick out of your dancng birds I can just picture them.   ANy sightings of Rocky?

Snicks, congratulations to your two daughters who got the jobs they wanted!

LindaL I know this will be a hard day for you but you have taken such  wonderful care of your DH that's now starting to be impossible....prayers going out to you.   I hope you have a wonderful trip.

That's about from here.....Have a nice day everyone.....Marijane

Honored Contributor

@KonaKat

Jean, it's taking forever because they are custom making it for you, lol.

Honored Contributor

@Genny1

Marijane, to be honest, I think the last time I saw Rocky was around 4th of July.  It's possible that he comes to eat after I leave for work.  I put food out early in the AM and the squirrels get there first so when I look at the garage roof, often times it's covered (seriously) with sparrows and a dozen pigeons waiting their turns.

Super Contributor

Hugs and prayers for you, Linda. I hope you have a restful vacation and that your dh does well at the memory care center. You are an inspiration to many. ❤️❤️Jennifer