Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, JULY 21st)

Good Evening!  Another hot day here (104 degrees).  It was pretty nice this morning on my walk -- cloudy and not too hot, but hot when I went to the grocery stores later in the morning, and very hot when I did my hospice deliveries this afternoon.  Some of the deliveries were to homes in areas hard hit by the storm last weekend -- quite a mess.

Last night, we had very loud thunderstorms, and I didn't sleep well at all.  Should be better tonight.

Jean had two cortisone shots (shoulder and knee) today, and met her niece for lunch.  They were both wearing bright rose Susan Graver tops (not the same top, but close), and black pants.  They didn't plan their outfits, but made quite a splash at the restaurant.

Hope the pure torture (PT) helps a lot, Glenda.  I had never heard that description, but it fits.  What a wonderful price you got on gasoline the other day.  I saw a different station advertising a slightly lower price today, but too late for me.  Hope you had fund shopping today.

Also hope your dental work goes okay, Susan.  What a long time to have to eat soft foods. 

Although I am a candle lover, no TSV for me.  I have more than enough, and don't really care for the glitter type.  

Waves to Fressa, Bernie, and all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.  Please post if  you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, JULY 21st)

LindaLatte--- We've been having "surprise" thunderstorms during the night all week. I should know to rely on my "knee" forecast instead of the forecast. LOL I have to get out today to pick up a prescription so I have my fingers crossed that I'm in between the rain. 

I passed on the TSV but only because I have so many candles already. I had that set from a previous year and really like them. (the glitter stays on and acttually isn't as bright as it appears on the tv) Batteries are so expensive now. It got me motivated to rearrange the ones I have in the house and edit a few more to the closet. I tossed the really old ones or the ones that the timers are not working. 

Hope everyone's PT brings results without any discomfort. Thanks for the updates.

I've been in the work room most of the week decluttering and rearranging the pantry. We ordered two extra strong rolling shelves so we could gain some space. It almost felt like we were moving in again by the time we had the old grid cubes disasssembled and the shelves in the room. Another one of those "mini" projects that seems to grow Into a "not so mini project" ha ha!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm running behind again, lol.  They poured the concrete sidewalk squares on Thursday. Two words - hasty and sloppy.  I suspect the workers were told to hurry and make up for lost time that they couldn't pour on Tuesday or Wednesday.  All I can do is take photographs at every stage

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Birdmama---That's a shame that the job is being rushed. I'll never understand why construction schedules do not include "weather days". My friend and I always share a laugh when we start talking about a "project" and using logic. Taking pictures is a good idea so you have documentation.