Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, JUL 2)

Greetings, shopping friends. I'm listening to our governor doing an update. Despite our decent numbers, he is considering requiring masks inside buildings where social distancing cannot be done. He stated he didn't want to  be in a situation in which the virus gets out of control as it has in some states. We are dealing with the problem of over 100 positive cases in several counties, all traced back to activities in Myrtle Beach. He will make an announcement on Monday regarding the requirement.

I have returned from 45 minutes of physical therapy. Speaking of masks, doing PT while wearing a mask is a challenge but manageable. If that can be done, then shopping with a mask is possible. I've never breathed that hard while shopping.

I am tired from the PT so I plan to rest and read. I did see part of Susan Graver but resisted buying. I do need to get my nails done so if I feel like it I might go to the city tomorrow to do that and also eat out in a restaurant I know is low risk.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely. Have a safe holiday!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, JUL 2)

Good afternoon ladies, hope all is well.

Jean - Thank you for starting us today.  Glad PT went well, how much longer do you have to go?  We have been required to wear face masks when out - no matter where you are.  Our numbers are going up, not happy about that.  It is frustrating when you watch the news and all these people are saying they should not be required to wear face masks.  I have to admit I don't treasure wearing one, but I do.  Okay, off my soap box.

Not much happening around here, go my grocery shopping done today, I really don't want to be near the grocery store tomorrow.  I did get some cleaning today, but I really need to find the determination to do some serious decluttering.  Oh well, it may happen.

Hope everyone has a great afternoon.

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

It's hot and humid and sunny today. UGH!!!!  I had to pick up a prescription for my husband and some otc eye vision tablets. I was surprised that the market wasn't too crowded with I arrived but it was getting there by the time I was in line. I decided to pick up a few more things since it will be the end of next week before I have a chance to get back to the store.

KomKat--Glad to hear that PT is giving you some results. Your plans for a "treat" day sounds like just the thing to kick off a weekend. 

I saw an add for the holiday sale on appliances and on a whim checked out the ranges. What is everyone's opinion on smooth top cook services--electric?  I have coils now. It looks like the newer smooth tops tolerage most cookware but I was concerned about that and cleaning it. Any opinions will be appreciated. The one that caught my eye was a Kitchenaid model. The sale price is enticigng but the timing is a bit tricky with the A/C install. Thanks in advance.

Stay safe & comfy.

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Glad you are making progress with your PT.  Hope you are able to get out to get your nails done tomorrow.  They are requiring masks at the two grocery stores in town, so I didn't feel bad shopping today.  Tomorrow I will be doing the grocery pick-up from Wal Mart for the first time.  They are not requiring masks, and things are just too crazy here.  I know they are improving or at least holding steady in some other parts of the country, but Arizona is a virus hotspot.

Hi Susan.  Glad you got your shopping done today.  Like you, I don't love wearing a mask, but do wear one when I go out. I didn't realize my supply of disposable gloves was so low (I use them when I go to the mail box, etc.), and I have not seen any in the stores for a long time, so I was happy Amazon had a large package that could be delivered tomorrow.

I have a glass-topped cooktop and really like it Freeza.  I never had an electric stove until I moved to Arizona, and there was a coil cooktop.  Really didn't care for it.  The glasstop stove (I replaced a cooktop and oven with a stove) came with a bottle of cleaner plus a razor to use on it.  I am not very neat when cooking, but I am very happy to say the cooktop looks as good as when I got the stove about 10 years ago.  And, I use all sorts of cookware (including cast iron).  

I have finished my OLLI class on London (good), and now I need to go to the Hospice office to pick up the materials for mailing.

Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

I'm old fashioned @Fressa   I like a gas stove with traditional burners Woman Happy

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Unfortunately, a gas stove was not an option here.  I do miss it, but I am much happier with the glass top electric stove rather than the coil type.

Esteemed Contributor

Fressa, I have an electric smooth top stove and love it.  I am an electric gal all the way.  The burners heat up very fast too.

We got groceries this morning and it wasn't very busy.  Glad that we don't have to do any shopping all weekend.

This virus is keeping us at home, except for a few drive thru restaurants for lunch or dinner.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

THANK YOU ALL!!!

Just a note to thank you all for taking your time to answer my question about the cooktop. I'm always in "sticker shock" with anything that I have to purchase and if it's an appliance then I'm worse. LOL  I appreciate all the tips and notes that you posted. They were so helpful and gave me the information that I needed. I appreciate it. Thanks again.