Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, JAN. 28)

Good morning, shopping friends. As soon as I finish this decaf coffee "Death by Chocolate," I will be off to the city for the urologist appointment and probably scheduling of the next bladder scope.

I was watchng the Q this morning when I saw a beautiful pair of inside/outside hoop earrings presented. I then remembered I had two pair of different designs from Tacori plus one in diamonds. I passed and resolved to shop my jewelry wardrobe and bring out some items I had not worn for a few months. I do have a weakness for jewelry but the TSV does not appeal to me.

I have my financial goals for this year as well as for each month. I have to evaluate a possible purchase in terms of need verus want and if a want, how will it affect my financial goals. Goals keep you on the path to obtaining what you want and keeps you on course when you evalate each move.

Arlene will be back. She misses you but she is taking time right now to focus upon her own personal goals and well-being. We all need to take time for ourselves so we can evaluate where we are and where we appear to be going. Arlene, we miss you and look forward to your returning.

I'm out of here. Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Valued Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, JAN. 28)

Warming up here, thank goodness.

Not too much going on ...but it gives a a chance to catch up on much needed work.

It is supposed to be in the 50's this weekend, hopefully lots of walking outside.

I may have friends over for dinner this weekiend, I love to cook and have people in.

That is about all

Honored Contributor

@KonaKat

Jean thanks for starting us off and mentioning Arlene.  I was giving her a few days and figured if I hadn't heard anything by this morning I would ask about her in today's post.

@FunkyHulaGirl

Arlene, should you happen to check the forums, even to read, I continue to think about you and pray for you.

The day started beautifully (sunny) and clouds have now rolled in.  I think we are going to get a little snow this afternoon.  I am not a ring wearer so the TSV has no appeal for me.  Carolyn P. does have a pair of earrings that I've been watching for nearly a year, waiting for some kind of price decrease.  I'm a patient woman, he he he.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Oops I must correct myself.  Even though it is Carolyn's company, the brand associated with the earrings on my watchlist are American West.

Turquoise & Coral Sterling Dangle Earrings by American West - J320516

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone - hope your trip to the city and doctor go well Jean.  Those of you who got a lot of snow...is it still there?  Partially melted?  Are the roads all driveable?

My week has been okay except for that trip to the dentist.  The teeth cleaning went fine but the dentist said that I need a crown on one of my molars (I suspected that I had chipped a part of that tooth, and I was correct.  I like being right about things, but why did I have to be right about that?)  Then he pointed out which molar would probably need a crown next year, and which one would need a crown after that.  Bah humbug.  Not totally unexpected, as my previous dentist had warned me that in the future I'd be needing crowns on those molars with big fillings.  I just felt really bad about my teeth.  Kind-of angry/sad/annoyed/depressed.  Part of what I hate about the procedures is that I have TMJ.  It's pretty mild most of the time, but dental work will make it worse for weeks.  Blech.

I try to count my blessings...let's see...I have healthy gums, I have dental insurance that'll pay for half the cost of a crown (from about $900 down to $450), and I have the money to pay for the rest.  But gosh darn it, I wish I could go back and kick my younger self into taking better care of her teeth.

Sorry for the whining.  After the trip to the dentist I ran some errands, and I'm afraid that I did a little retail therapy.  I bought several things that I liked but didn't need.  Since this is a FASHION thread, I'll mention that I bought a Lucky Brand peasant style top that looked great with the black jeans I was wearing.  Also bought a couple of tea cups and mugs, and some healthier snacks like fruits and nuts.

Well, I need to get going here.  I have to bring some cut up fresh fruit for my Bible study this morning, and I still need to shower and change.  I'm sort-of procrastinating.  I hope you have a great day (and take good care of your teeth!)  ~  Charlene

Esteemed Contributor

JEAN, Good luck with your appointment today.  You have great goals in mind,  but a new car is so worth it.

ROSA, We are getting mild temps this week too.  DH didn't walk much last week as we had a few real cold days.

BIRD MAMA,  it is cloudy but warmer with 40's by Saturday.  You have great taste in jewelry as well as clothing.  Is it a busy day at work?

Yesterday was a fun day but tiring for me, so I am being lazy today.  Dinner tonight is leftover stew from the other night in the crock pot.  Good thing that I reread my post as it said stew in the hot tub.  The tablet has a mind of it's own sometimes.  

light lunch before a visit to see mom.  I didn't see mom yesterday so I hope that it is a good one today.

Prayers for you FHG.  I also need time to get myself back together.  Life can be mind boggling some times.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

CERB yes dental visits can get expensive.  It is a good thing that your have dental insurance.  

I also did some therapy shopping yesterday.  It just made me feel good to have a ME day.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon!  Thanks for getting us started Jean, and thanks for letting us know about Arlene.  If you happen to be reading Arlene -- I am praying for you and hoping things improve.

Good luck with the doctor, Jean.  I know you are a wise shopper/budget person, and I'm working on it as well.

Glad it is warmer there, Rosa, and I hope you do have the chance to entertain this weekend.

Cute earrings, Bernie.  Hope the price goes down so that you feel you can buy them.  I do that at times as well -- wait patiently for a price reduction.

Sorry about your needed dental work Charlene.  DD said the roads/parking lots in her area are still not in good shape.  But, hopefully things will improve today.  She was able to get DGD to and from dance yesterday as well as doing several other errands.

I am sure you are tired today, twinny.  Glad you had fun yesterday, and good luck with your Mom today.

Waves to Kathleen, snicks, spix, Susan, Marijane, LindaR, Karen, Barbara, pinky ann, Gayle, and all of our posters and readers.

Strong bones went okay this morning -- only two other ladies, and we ended up having a discussion about financial issues which took some of the time.  One of the ladies had been married for many years (60, I think), when her husband passed away.  And, she was not involved in financial issues/paying taxes, etc. when he was alive.  So, she is learning how to do things now.  

The other lady lost her second husband last May, and she really has a mess on her hands.  It turned out that he was heavily in debt when they married in 2009, and he also had a reverse mortgage.  He did not reveal any of this to her before they were married.  While her name was not on any of the credit cards or the house, she is having to decide how to handle the financial mess he left behind.  I feel very badly for her.  Good reason to really know what you are getting into when you marry.

DH and I will go to the gym in a few minutes, and the nurse should be coming this afternoon.  

Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello to everyone, thanks to @KonaKat, for starting us off this morning. Hope your doc visit went well today and that you had an enjoyable trip. It's good to have goals, financial and otherwise. Good that you have yours where you want them.

@fbm8282lsm, enjoy having guests over this weekend. It is good to have a slower day occassionally, just to catch your breath and re-focus, isn't it?

@Bird mama, pretty earrings, I am more a ring wearer than earrings, but did think they were pretty. Hope they come down to the price you are willing to pay for them.

@cerb, no worries about whining, you were just venting, which we all need to do sometimes. Hope you enjoyed Bible Study today.

@twinny70, glad you enjoyed your birthday outing, and hope your mom is doing ok today.

@LindaLatte, you are busy as can be, as usual. Sounds like the ladies at the Strong Bones work out had much to discuss today along with the exercises. I'm sure both were helpful. Hope you and DH enjoy the gym and that the health care person arrives ontime this afternoon. Think of you often in all that you have on your plate to handle.

It got up to about 50 degrees today, but have wind that is pretty strong so it doesn't feel that warm, but I'll take it, lol. I spent the morning going through a stack of mail from the past couple weeks, paying bills, then cleaned some more cabinets, me and the dog did spend some time outdoors trying to avoid any muddy areas, did some laundry, just having a huge salad for dinner so that was easy. Saw that my baby shower gifts have been shipped so will be glad to receive them, in plenty of time too. I've been trying to find the printed sheets of exercises the PT person gave me back several years ago when I was going for PT, must have tossed them with other misc papers, so I researched and found some on the internet that I printed off, they look (as much as I can recall) similiar to the missing ones, so I will start those either tonight or in the morning. Have a great day. Waves....

Edited to straighten out the gobbledeegook mess I had going on there. Hope it makes sense now.

"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

Good evening, everyone. I'm back home from the doctor. I'm very tired as they ran several tests and scheduled the procedure for February 17. I need to check with a friend to see if that date is good for her to take me to the procedure. She may be off work on Feb. 15, so I might see if it can be scheduled for that date. I work tomorrow so I'm going to rest right now.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.