Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME THURSDAY, JAN 23)

Good Morning, Ladies!  It is sunny today, and it should be warmer here today than yesterday.  It never made it into the 60's and was cloudy most of the day.  I really like the sun and warmer temperatures.  It should be even warmer tomorrow.

My yoga class went okay, but I wore a compression stocking on one leg -- not a good idea since you are supposed to be barefoot.  I didn't fall or anything, but I was nervous about it. 

While he used very small needles, I felt the leg injections yesterday -- not big pain, but.....  I will be going back in three weeks, and he may do more injections on the other leg.  I am not supposed to use the elliptical or treadmill for 5-7 days, and I had to wear my compression stocking last night.  Starting today, I can just wear it during the day.

I was interested in the TSV since the doctor said that he wears compression socks just because they make his legs feel better.  A lower level of compression than I have for my compression hose, and less expensive.  But, I learned from some of the Q&A the TSV socks are not medical-grade compression socks.  I decided to order some from a different company (Jean and I have had good luck with them, and they offer free S&H.

Nothing exciting planned for today, but I do intend to take a walk and perhaps go to the Hallmark store. The hospice coordinator put out an urgent call for a patient who needs help, and I may be visiting her tomorrow and again next Friday morning (8 - 11 a.m.)   That is early for me to be up and out this time of the year, but can always walk later in the day.

Glad you and your DH are feeling better, twinny.  Hope subbing goes well again today, Jean.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day, and please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME THURSDAY, JAN 23)

Hi Linda @LindaLatte  I wore socks one night to do my aeropilates and it felt weird, lol.  As someone who is used to socks on her feet all of the time, it's been an ajdustment.  I'm sorry that you felt the needles yesterday.

the TSV socks are cute in the striped option.  I have a hard time believing that they keep you warm when it's cold and cool when it's hot Woman Wink

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

It's sunny but semi cool today. Rain tomorrow. They issued a breathing alert today so I have to stay inside. I had planned to do a couple of errands but I guess that will be pushed back to Friday. 

I finally got my flu shot yeasterday. I had pills to exchange from a drug recall and it took forever. No wonder they felt like they weren't working any more. Now....I have to stay off any medication for my stomach and colitis for a while until we see if I was affected by the recalled prescription. Not an option I'm comfortable with but I told the doctor that I will see how long I last before we pick the last medication I can try. 

UPS delivered the last of my Christmas stoarage containers last evening so today I'm going to get those together. I hope they are as nice as the pictures. I did put the Peria storage container together on Monday. Some went together just fine and others I had to struggle with a bit to get the frames to fit. I thought for sure I was going to end up with a bruised finger but it just stayed red for a while. They look nice and are a good size. Only one has a bit of an odor but it is fading. I'll probably tackle those next week

Our son has a "frozen" shoulder. He has meds and got a cortizone shot. P.T. for 6 months. They think he did the damage picking up their dog (a mastiff) to help her on the bed. She has shorter legs for her breed and is heavy. She won't use steps or a ramp so it's a challenge.

Hope everyone has a good afternoon/evening. 

Honored Contributor

Fressa @Fressa  I feel for your son; I've have frozen shoulder on each side.  

Esteemed Contributor

I have 

Trusted Contributor

Good afternoon ladies, hope all is well.

Linda - Thank you for starting us today.  Hope your leg is doing well and you recover quickly.  I would love for our temps to hit 60.  We are at 45 right now and it feels like a heat wave.  Our temps have been cold, but the wind does not help.  It is very kind of you to work with hospice.  I don't think I could do that.  

Bernie -  I would like a pair of socks just to keep my feet warm. My feet are always cold, so I am always trying new socks out.  You should see my sock drawer.

Fressca - Good luck with the storage containers.  I need to clean out before I purchase any storage containers.  Good luck to your son.  I have never has a frozen shoulder, but 6 months of PT would get old with me.  

Been doing a lot of running around to appointments for DH and with my mom, I feel like I get nothing done here.  I did get the first floor of my house "Spring Cleaned", now I need to start on the second floor.  I have a bunch of appointments next week, so it will have to wait until the next week.  I am going to try to clean out and off and surfaces upstairs.  For some reason my dresser ends up being a dumping ground for stuff.  

Oh well, done whining.  I hope everyone has a great afternoon. 

Esteemed Contributor

I'm having one of those days. I have the Copper Fit footies in white that I had ordered from HSN. ( I think it was last year). I got them for my shooties/boots to wear when I'm doing errands and especially grocery shopping. They seem to work for me. My feet do not ache when I get home and they don't feel hot, cold or sweaty. Mine are like a medium weight cotton footie. These look nicer and a bit thinner to me. They wash and dry well.  

Honored Contributor

I've got MS office 2010 on my windows 7 desktop and no version of MS office on my windows 10 laptop.  I've been thinking of buying office 2019 (home/student) for the windows 10 laptop and it was really sticking in my craw that they wanted $149 for one license.

That got me to thinking Woman Embarassed  When I bought office 2010 it came with 3 licenses.  I used one for my desktop (old windows 7) and one for my sisters desktop.  I wondered if it would be compatible with windows 10.  I found the CD and the product key and was able to download the third license (since I don't have an optical reader in the laptop) to my windows 10 laptop.

Considering how I use MS word and excel, I don't need the latest and greatest.  I saved $149 and am feeling pretty good about it, lol.

Esteemed Contributor

Good for you, Bernie.  I was worried I would have to pay for MA Office when I purchased my new computer, but my DGS said that it was covered.  Maybe I had other licences.  I didn't know enough to ask, just happy not to have to pay again.

Sorry about your son's shoulder, Fressa.  Hope you can get medication to help you soon. 

At least you have started on spring cleaning, Susan.

My feet are always cold as well, but the yoga teacher said we cannot wear any socks except yoga socks to prevent falling.  We are all seniors, so falling is a big issue.

A friend of mine contacted me about a trip to see sandhill cranes (have migrated East of here) tomorrow.  Apparently, I was invited, but the e-mail was lost.  Anyway, another friend is driving (about two hours) and is taking a couple other ladies with her.  I checked with hospice, and someone else volunteered for tomorrow, so I am free to go.  I will be visiting the patient next Friday (31st).  Pretty sobering that the patient is a little younger than me.  Sad situation.

Sleep well everyone!