Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, JAN 19)

Good morning, shopping friends. It is a warm day for January with temps expected to be in the 50s. This certainly beats all the snow days we usually have in January.

I started my tax preparation online with just the preliminary info as I have not received all documents. I also called the cardiology office as my pulse rate dropped to 50 last night for a long period, but is now normal. I'm just to monitor it and call them if it persists for three days. I'm on a med for AFib which can, at times, lower the pulse rate below acceptable. When first given it, you have to be monitored in the hospital for three days to monitor its effects.

I think the TSV is cute but they just aren't my style. I have enough shoes, but that doesn't keep me from looking at them or looking at handbags. I did get my Quacker Factory Dream Jeannes so tht means I have to find two items minimum to go out of the house. Today, however, I am feeling lazy so that might be postponed.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, JAN 19)

Good Morning and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  It is cloudy and cool here (headed into the 50's later, low 40's now), and they are predicting rain this evening through Saturday morning at least.  Of course, we need rain, and like you I am happy not to be dealing with ice/snow/very cold weather.  

Glad your pulse is back up to normal.  I usually have a fairly high pulse rate, especially since my blood pressure is usually on the low side.  Confusing to me, but my doctors have told me not to worry about it.

I agree the TSV is cute, and I like that the heel isn't very high.  But, I'm not quite ready for the style, and I certainly don't need any new shoes.  Good for you getting rid of two items when two new ones have arrived.  I try to do the same, but sometimes I wait a bit to find something I am willing to let go.  An older lady who I met at the senior lunch program called yesterday evening, and we talked about the idea of reducing our "things" that will no doubt be a burden for our children/child.  DH told me that he was at this stage when I met him, and that I would probably get there someday.  So, here I am.  

Today I have a caregivers meeting, so I plan to go to the gym early.  After the meeting, I will be visiting DH and the hospice nurse should be visiting later.  He was a little better yesterday (walking/getting up and down), but not back to where he was in the past.  I know this is par for the course, and I'm happy he is still smiling.

Happy Birthday to Arlene!  Hope it is a good one.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--I join with you in wishing Arlene a happy birthday. I also thought the picture of you and Barbara on Facebook was great. It is so neat to be able to meet. I do hope you find DH feeling better when you visit. Enjoy the gym.

I made a run to the Post Office and am now getting ready to fix lunch. Afterwards, I think I will tackle the book I am reading on my Kindle. Between the reading and watching Netflix or Hulu, I don't see the tempting offers. I often used QVC as background noise or entertainment but it sometimes presented an item that I thought would be the best thing for me according to the reviews but my opinion didn't always match the reviews.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Jean, it is another warm foggy day.  These are normally what we have in November.  Our tax info is just starting to come.  We go to our tax lady in either late February or early March.  Glad that your pulse rate seems to be better.

Linda L, your temps are almost like ours, except that we saw !ots of icy driveways yesterday.  We need snow so badly as it acts like an insulator for winter crops & plants.  It is good that your DH is still smiling at you, but the ups & downs are difficult.

Arlene, happy birthday to you.  Eat a piece of cake for me.

Our DD's birthday was yesterday & our eldest DGC will be 16 tomorrow.  He has final exams this week & will be taking his drivers test on Monday as there is no school.  I hope that he passes as he will be driving in the Capitol city.  His private driving classes cost $450.  Yikes.

DH is refilling the hot tub this morning.  We are making the most of our January thaw weather.  I am having a lazy day.  

Hugs to all of you.

Honored Contributor

Image result for thursday images

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Twinny--The weather certainly is making it difficult in different ways. I think I have worn my winter coat once so far. Last year at this time, we had several days of school closed because of snow, ice, etc. I don't have all my tax info but I decided to start the process. I always owe as I don't believe in loaning the government my money interest free. Enjoy the hot tub once it gets filled and dhapopy birthday to your DGC.

meallen--great graphic as always.

Cardiology  called and said they had given permission to cut out the blood thinner meds before I have the bladder and kidney scopes. I need to cut out the aspirin 5 days in advance and the Xarelto 2 days in advance. When this is over, I may have to treat myself to a "want" purchase.

I looked at the new Insider. The  TSVs featured don't do a thing for me, so February may be a non-TSV month for me unless the ones not featured are very appealing.

Honored Contributor

@KonaKat  Yikes Jean, that's a low pulse.  Glad it came back up.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@FunkyHulaGirl

Image result for Happy Birthday Arlene

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

@KonaKat wrote:

Twinny--The weather certainly is making it difficult in different ways. I think I have worn my winter coat once so far. Last year at this time, we had several days of school closed because of snow, ice, etc. I don't have all my tax info but I decided to start the process. I always owe as I don't believe in loaning the government my money interest free. Enjoy the hot tub once it gets filled and dhapopy birthday to your DGC.

meallen--great graphic as always.

Cardiology  called and said they had given permission to cut out the blood thinner meds before I have the bladder and kidney scopes. I need to cut out the aspirin 5 days in advance and the Xarelto 2 days in advance. When this is over, I may have to treat myself to a "want" purchase.

I looked at the new Insider. The  TSVs featured don't do a thing for me, so February may be a non-TSV month for me unless the ones not featured are very appealing.

We always hope to break even with our taxes.  Every year while we were still working, we owed Uncle Sam.  We had several friends that got back a lot of $$$.  Made me unhappy, but I knew that we were doing things right.  Good luck with cutting out meds for your upcoming tests.  You deserve to treat yourself when the testing is done.