Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, JAN 16)

Greetings, shopping friends. I was hoping the thread would be started by now as I l ead a boring life most of the time.

I did take a look at the Big Deal and really like it but I had promised myself not to indulge in buying of wants this month. I have a big collection of jackets but not a faux suede one.

I just accidentally deleted a paragraph. Anyother time, there would be a liink enabling me to repost but it didn't show up this time. To summarize, I am still going through things and finding things I had forgotten. This isn't something I enjoy doing.

According to the FitBit, I have gotten in a little over 3 hours of exercise this week. I have a goal of 5 days of exercising a week, and today was day 4 for this week.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, JAN 16)

Hello Ladies, I happened to see the big deal last night Jean as I was scrolling past channels and I liked it....not too short,long or trendy looking so I ordered it....I liked both the olive and black,tempted to get both but wound up with just the black.  I think this might have been one of the first times I hve ordered from the big deal.

Not much going on here either, it's a sunny but cold and very windy day here....I have all my devices plugged in to keep the charge up just in case we lose our power,which seems to happen on very windy days.  They are predicting snow for this weekend,the amounts keep changing every few hours!

Supper tonight is shrimp risotto with mushrooms and asparagus....guess I should go and find things to do around here..which I don't have to look hard to find!

I hope you are over your cold Twinny and good thoughts to you Charlene and your DH as you have many decisions to make.

Have a nice day everyone.....Marijane

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have no clue why I cannot post my longer message, but I wanted to let you know that I enjoy your posts, Jean.  Also, I don't think many of us lead very exciting lives.  

I am going to an early lunch, Caregivers meeting, and possible coffee afterwards.  Then, I hope to go to the gym.

Continuing to pray for Charlene and her DH.

While I have not ordered it yet, I am playing to order the Q2 Big Deal jacket in black.  Still trying to make sure that this is really something I want to do.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.

Have a nice day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

ETA -- Hi Marijane.  Looks like we will be getting the same jacket.  Hope it is a winner for both of us.

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everone!

Today it's currently hail and snow which was to happen tomorrow night. I'm hoping it melts so I can get some groceries. I had planned on getting some other errands checked off my list today but will be happy just to get to the market.

My TSV storage cubes arrived yesterday. They look nice but they mixed up my color choices. I'm keeping what they sent. I've been down that road when the TSV sells out and you can't get a replacement for your original request. I either received a color I did not select or an automatic credit. Not doing that again. Today or tomorrow I'm going to set them all up in the spare room to air out. I only noticed a sligth order in the one box but I want to be sure there isn't a problem before I start using them. They look strong, sturdy and very pretty. (for storage cubes)

I had received a letter from the pharmacy that they are recalling another one of my prescriptions. I'm in communication with my doctor to see what we can try. We had addressed this situation in November but it's making a return. Fingers crossed that we have a guess at some other medication by tomorrow. I really can't go without anything.This has happened a few times last year with a few of my other prescriptions. Who knew they were making most of these medications in China? Honestly...

Hope everyone has a good afternoon/evening.

Trusted Contributor

Freesa.... I hope the color works for  your storage  boxes even though it is different than what you ordered to begin with.  I agree " who knew" about the drugs being made in China......I have had a recall on a few of my DH and mine  prescriptions too in the past.  I hope your meds work out.

Linda I hope we both like our jackets!

Esteemed Contributor

Marijane and Linda, had I ordered the Big Deal, it would have been in black also. 

Fressa--I think you likely made a good decision about keeping the storage cubes despite the wrong color. I read on the reviews of some of those cubes that baking soda also helps with the odor.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

I am feeling somewhat better today and hope to be able to get groceries tomorrow.  I haven't seen the faux suede jacket, but I think that I would like it. I can't get Q2.

I am going to Marijane's for supper tonight. I fixed lunch for the first time all week.  

My DH thinks that he might be getting what I have.  The cough has been nasty.

Nothing exciting going on here which is a good thing.

I am off for a nap.

Hugs to all of you.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Jean @KonaKat  You're doing really well meeting your fitness goals.  So far, I'm enjoying the pilates reformer.  I'm still on the introductory workouts that came with the disc that explained the machine, body position, common terms associated with pilates, etc.

I do the intro workout with straps one day and then they intro workout with the cardio rebounder the next day.  Basically rinse and repeat.  I'm going to keep doing these until they're a piece of cake and I feel like I need more to challenge me.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise