Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 7)

Good Morning, Ladies.  It is sunny and cold here -- only 26 degrees when I got up.  Glad that I covered my plants yesterday evening.  Today should be extremely busy for me starting with my grief and grieving OLLI class, then Caregivers group, then ancient Egypt OLLI class.  Quite a contrast to my very quiet Wednesday.

I really like the TSV, but I am resisting (so far) since I like a larger purse.  Several years back I purchased three crossbody purses (leather), and I have given away two of them since I found that I was not using them.  The "belt bag" idea is more like something I would use (especially when taking my walks), so I have not completely ruled it out.

The new Q logo really confused me.  I was using my tablet (Fire), and could not find the site.  I thought it had disappeared for some reason.  Can't say that I prefer the new logo, but not up to me.  I watched some of the SG show this morning, and I have to say her prices are way more than I want to pay.  Fortunately, I have plenty of her things already.

Waves to all of our posters and reader.  Hope everyone is having a nice day, and please post if you have time.

Hugs,

Linda 

Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 7)

[ Edited ]

Hi Linda @LindaLatte  thanks for getting us started today.   I think you and I awoke to the same temperature this morning.  You certainly are in for a busy day. 

Are your OLLI classes close to where you live?  I ask because last month I checked out if OLLI was in Michigan.  It is, however everything offered is over 50 miles away from me.

As far as the new QVC logo, I didn't even notice the V and C were missing until I read about it in the Community  Woman Very Happy

HSN's graphics changed after the acquisition and I thought those were kind of bright and semi blinding.  Last night I toggled between the 2 channels and discovered that I it's easier for me to read HSN's graphics on TV compared to the Q's new graphics.

I guess it's good thing I do most of my shopping online.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes Bernie,  fortunately for me, the OLLI classes are very close to home (no more than four miles away for the most part.)  I know that is not the case for Barbara and some others who might like to participate.  There are actually four "campuses" for OLLI here in southern Arizona.  OLLI groups must be connected to a University, and the University of Arizona really got involved.  I wonder if there are classes targeted for seniors or offered at a discount for seniors in a Community College closer than 50 miles away to you.  Not that you are a senior or anything, but I was thinking about the future.

Esteemed Contributor

Linda L, it sounds like you have a busy day today. I like the TSV, but I bought a LUG bag last fall at our local Clinic & got 30% off.  It's my  travel & my everyday multi purpose bag.    I  agree that SG  is getting too expensive.  I still have a few of her things too.  Your temps are not good right now either.  

Bird Mama, since I rarely watch the Q, I didn't notice the different Logo.  Are you getting our nasty weather?

Yesterday we  got freezing drizzle all day.  We are under a storm warning which began at 6:00 last night and ends at 6:00 tonight.  The schools are all closed & the snow plows have been by our house at least 5 times this morning.  We just had heavy hail for 10 minutes.  The streets are covered with it.  Thank goodness nobody has had a power outage yet.  I just want a nice ❄❄❄ storm.  WInter sports are at a stand still again.  Bad for the economy.

Our project for this morning was to use the Gorilla Glue on my towel bar.  We each took turns for 15 minutes at a time for two hours.  Then my DH asked me if he could hang the bath towel on it.  NO.  It's supposed to "cure" for 24 hours.  I am praying for the best.  

We aren't venturing out today except maybe trying to get in the hot tub. It's supposed to be cold tomorrow, but manageable for getting groceries and doing a little shopping.

Lunch is grilled cheese sandwiches and cooked tomatoes.  Supper is debatable right now. 

Hugs to all of you.

Trusted Contributor

Hello Ladies...you will be having a busy day Linda...I will have to check on line to see if any Oli classes are near me...from reading your

posts  they sound very interesting.

It's a damp day here, N o rain here but I think it poured overnight.  Tuesday it went up to 60 degrees and I swear It smelt  like spring out...but that quickly disapeared the next day.

I did order one of those s/v bags today..I have a few of that line in different styles.  

twinny I hope your towel bar holds...I have used that glue on a small table and also a few chairs and have had  good luck with it.

Not much else...having salmon for supper tonight....I had seen some of the s/v yesterday being presented and went out this morning and bought some......I don't think I would buy fish  like that from a shopping channel though....although I!m sure it's good.

I did   Not notice the new logo either ,at first I thought you were talking about the Logo clothes line ...I will have to go look!     have a nice day....Marijane

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--Thank you for starting the thread. You certainly had a nippy start to the day.   You certainly had a busy day. Oh, the QVC logo!! I despise it!  I started to say something about it earlier but didn't. It is very anemic compared to the prior one which was more positive with a focus on the Q. Now, the q is small and trapped inside a box.

Bernie--I hadn't noticed that HSN had changed its graphics as I don't watch it that often or go to its site. I know that people refer to QVC as the Q but taking away the V and the C also means taking away "value" and "convenience" emphasis.

Twinny--Stay safe in the storm. I've never had to use gorilla glue but I have heard good things about it. I do hope the towel rack holds up with the gorilla glue.

Marijane--I think you will like the TSV. I have the previous version in heather gray. It holds more than you think and is a very convenient bag to use. I've had it for two years.

I stayed up late last night as I was really hooked on finishing a book and had no plans to work this morning. The phone awakened me at 7:15, and I was at work at  8am. I can be quick when getting ready and drive 8 miles. I'm usually the one they call when someone calls in at the last minute as I live close. When I came  home this evening, it was 70 degrees. 

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

@KonaKat wrote:

Linda--Thank you for starting the thread. You certainly had a nippy start to the day.   You certainly had a busy day. Oh, the QVC logo!! I despise it!  I started to say something about it earlier but didn't. It is very anemic compared to the prior one which was more positive with a focus on the Q. Now, the q is small and trapped inside a box.

Bernie--I hadn't noticed that HSN had changed its graphics as I don't watch it that often or go to its site. I know that people refer to QVC as the Q but taking away the V and the C also means taking away "value" and "convenience" emphasis.

Twinny--Stay safe in the storm. I've never had to use gorilla glue but I have heard good things about it. I do hope the towel rack holds up with the gorilla glue.

Marijane--I think you will like the TSV. I have the previous version in heather gray. It holds more than you think and is a very convenient bag to use. I've had it for two years.

I stayed up late last night as I was really hooked on finishing a book and had no plans to work this morning. The phone awakened me at 7:15, and I was at work at  8am. I can be quick when getting ready and drive 8 miles. I'm usually the one they call when someone calls in at the last minute as I live close. When I came  home this evening, it was 70 degrees. 

Jean, we stayed hunkered in all day.  I must admit the 10 minutes of hail was fun to watch.  My DH didn't like it when he was trying to clear the driveway of ice.  That's funny about you getting called to work first.  Since we lived 11/2 blocks from the Frito Lay plant for his first 25 years, he was always called first too.  They always knew when we were home because they could see if we had lights on.  Sometimes I had to say NO.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Twinny--I hope the hail didn't do any damage. It can be pretty and watching it bounce can be fun but not when it ruins roofs and dents cars, etc.

The record high was broken today with a  high of 75. When I ome home from work tomorrow, it is supposed to be around freezing.

I got the Kim Gravel TSV crop pants. They do fit but I really like QF more.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.