Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 25th)

Good Morning!  It is sunny here, and they are predicting a high in the low 70's.  Hope the weather is good where you live.

I received the Anybody joggers yesterday, and I have them ready to mail back.  While they were not too bad, I really didn't care for how they looked on me.  Oh well....  The Vera Bradley masks also arrived, and I like the pattern and style.

No TSV for me -- I don't like how crop pants look on me.  But, they seem to be very popular.  Hope any of you who order them enjoy them very much.

The OLLI Zoom lecture yesterday was very interesting, and what was especially remarkable was that the professor who gave the talk was in Athens, Greece.  It was 10 p.m. there when the class started.  And, the class had nothing to do with Greece.  He mentioned that they were able to go out during the day, but a curfew started at 10 p.m.  Interesting man and subject.

My Walmart pick-up went pretty well except that they didn't have the bread I ordered, and they didn't offer any substitutions.  Interestingly enough, the same thing happened to my daughter a couple of days ago at her Walmart in Maryland.  She picked up her groceries and went in the store to find plenty of bread available. 

Since I'm going to the grocery store this morning, I didn't bother going into Walmart.  I have an OLLI British history class this afternoon, and hospice work later.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day and stays safe.  Please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 25th)

Linda--Thank you for starting the thread. I am sorry that the  joggers didn't work out well for you. Your temps are like what wIe had yesterday when we had mid-70s; today, in the mid-40s. It is hard to adjust when there is such a rapid variation in temperatures. At least, it is sunny. My WalMart app which I have ordered itemsl before sometimes will say the item is not availalable for curbside but is available in the store. I haven't been In WalMart since March 13 of last year.

I've just been working around the house ad getting much done when not interrupted by work. I miss the kids but this is a priority if I end up having knee replacement surgery. I'll be available next week. I just wanted a week of concentrated focus here now that the weather is decent.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

The sun is shining today but we still have the cold temps. My kind of weather. Hopefully it will melt some of the ice barge that is on the ground. You can actually see the layers of snow, ice, ground in the patio yard. 

LindaLatte--Ssorry to hear that the Anybody joggers were disappointing.  I am still adjusting to the jogger style pant because I love leggings. They just give me the support I need for my leg. I did purchase a few jogger styles and used them as p.j.s. Now, I'll wear them when I'm not feeling well and really am taking it easy. 

Your OLLI zoom lectures sound interesting. I enjoy learning about other countries.

Today I hope to pick up prescriptions and will probably wait until tomorrow for some serious grocery shopping. I do need to go to the bank but that may have to wait until next week. I have more "to do's" and not enough days in this week. LOL 

I did catch part of the Q this am and ordered the bathroom cleaner. How exciting...I'm always on the search for either a no scent or citrus scent cleaner. the spray on cleaner that I had been using has been discontinued. I like the quickie sprays just to maintain them inbetween "real' cleaning. 

The chicken that I had ordered did arrive yesterday with plenty of dry ice still intact. I was so relieved. I'm trying to have a few extra food items in the refrig & freezer for the hubby's lunch/breakfast on "snow" days. 

I used the Lancer kit last night for the first time and was pleased with ease of it. Now, I  hope to combine it with the Dr.Denese skincare products. I wanted something a bit less messy to wash my face and remove makeup than the Purity. I decided I would treat myself to this and see if I liked it. 

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Honored Contributor

Hello all, it's been sunny (most of the time) and warmer over the past couple of days.  The snow has melted on the roof of my house (except for one little small patch) and I can see small areas of grass in the front and back yards.  I had a nearly 6 foot high snowpile off of the patio and that thing as well as the snow piles on either side of the driveway are gonna take some time to melt.

I received my JCP order yesterday and am pleased with my new blouses.  Everything has been laundered, ironed (where needed) and put away.  My Dennis Basso short trench shipped and it will get here when it gets here, lol.

I made a quick trip to the grocery store today and managed to check out the purse section on the way to the bird seed section.  That's probably the first real browsing I've done in a store in many months.

I'm really sorry that this photo is so big.  I can't seem to copy it in a smaller form. 

GE Halogen Flood Light Bulbs, Energy Efficient PAR38 Flood Lights, 80-Watt,  Medium Base, White, 1-Pack Spotlight Bulb, Indoor and Outdoor Flood Light  Bulb - Outdoor Flood Lights - Amazon.com

This morning I got ready to walk around the garage to see if and how much snow melted.  Since I don't have a dog, I don't really prioritize the sidewalk around the garage when we get a big snow.  The back of my attached garage has a double flood light.  I used to use this floodlight all of the time when Max (the dog) was alive.  I rarely use it since he passed in 2008.  Anyway, as I was walking off the patio to walk down the sidewalk behind and around the garage I saw a circular piece of glass laying there (intact).  I said where in the heck did this come from?  I looked up and that's when I saw that the dimpled glass (see photo above) that covers the bulb had fallen off.

It must have happened during the last couple of snows.  I had a replacement bulb and immediately grabbed the ladder and replaced the flood light bulb with a new one.  I was glad I saw it because then I had visions of flipping the lightswitch inside of the garage and possibly creating a short in the wires from the exposed and potentially moist interior of the bulb.  Woman Surprised

Never a dull moment around here Woman Very Happy

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise