Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, FEB 27)

Greetings, shopping friends. It is cold and we have a dusting of snow. This has been a rare winter of little snow or snow days, but I like it like that.

I am super tired as I had a couple of nights without much sleep, worrying about my cat, a visit to the vet whidh lasted two hour with the tests run, plus working. How tired? I slept ten hours last night. Normally, I wake up at the same time regardless of work or no work but this time I didn't.

I did get my cholesterol results back and all are the normal range with the Total being 180. It is the first time in many years that all factors have been in the acceptable range. I am attributing it to the improved diet and exercise.

I read the thread on those popular Denim & Co. original pants. I am wearing a pair right now. I've been buying them for at least 20 years. They fit me right and are reasonably priced. I far prefer them to the sausage casing look of many lines worn by vendors or hosts. I am not built to display all. These things wear and wear, which is more than can be said about some lines.

I haven't had time to read the recent posts as I was just too tired to check in. I hope Bernie was able to get rid of her mattress as she awaits the new one. I also hope the surgery for Charlene's DH went well. I know Linda is continuing her fitness journey as I attempt mine.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, FEB 27)

Good Morning and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  You must have been exhausted.  Hope Midnight will be okay.  I have been praying for you and Midnight as well as Charlene and her DH.

I saw that thread about the Denim & Co. pants as well.  Not sure if I mentioned it, but I found a pair on eBay (new with no shipping), and decided to try the petite size.  I had been ordering/wearing the regular size for many years, but gave that up after they were just too big for me -- long and wide.  Happy to report, that the petite works quite well for me.  I got such a good bargain on this pair that I am tempted to see if there are other colors (other than black) available.  I have been using the same eBay vendor for several years, and I am very satisfied with the operation.  But, I certainly don't need more clothing.

Hope that you can get your exercise in today, but please don't overdo things.  Good news on your cholesterol.

I'm back from the garage -- such a nice owner/manager.  I had the oil and wiper blades changed plus he found the noise I was hearing from the AC was leaves in a cabin air filter.  So, the filter was replaced and no noise.  I was happy since I know AC repairs are not inexpensive, but AC is an absolute necessity here.

It was only in the 30's this morning, but should make it up to 70 degrees and is sunny.  DD said it is cold and windy and will be even cooler tomorrow in Maryland.

I heard from the hospice coordinator that the patient I never got to meet has passed away.  I am very concerned about his wife since I think she is quite fragile.  But, nothing I can do but pray she gets some help.

Today, I will be going to a "Newcomers" lunch, and hope to go to the gym late this afternoon.  I had ordered shoes for the wedding (silver "kitten" heels), and I need to drop them off at UPS.  They hurt the minute I put them on my feet.  Glad that I don't need to pay for shipping/returns.

I ended up e-filing my State tax return yesterday (did so for my Federal the day before), and I'm very happy to be expecting refunds from both.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day and the weather in your area is okay.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--Sorry the shoes didn't work but it is good that you don't have to pay the return postage. I also have those pants in petite which work very well for me now that I have lost some height.  

Midnight got fluids, a vitamin shot and a cortisone injection. He is eating better today. He is amazingly active for an almost 17 year old cat but his appetite and digestive issues were a major concern.

I could be energetic and tackle something in the house, but right now I think I want to rest and read while waiting for warmer weather. I do much better when it is warm

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Hi Jean @KonaKat  I know what that kind of worry is like.  Even though I've been told you can't catch up on sleep, I'm glad you caught up on yours last night.  

Coincidentally I flipped on a NOVA program on my local PBS station last night and the title of the program was The Mysteries of Sleep.  I'd say I got maybe 30-40 minutes into it and went to sleep, lol.  

The program didn't make me sleepy.  Researchers talked about insomnia in traumatized people and when a pretty young female researcher was holding a furry little mammal that wasn't a rat (I can't think of the name of what it was) and she said, this is the part of my research I like the least which means she was about to traumatize the animal.

I said, yep, that's it for me, time to go bed.  I may try to finish it online where I have the ability to zip right passed the parts I don't want to see.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Prayer is always a good thing Linda @LindaLatte and it's thoughtful to pray for the new widow.

Sorry that your shoes didn't work out.  I never feel super steady on a kittne heel.

Honored Contributor

Jean treat yourself and Midnight and spend some time cuddling watching TV or reading a book.  Both of you deserve it Heart

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

It's snowy here today and cold temps. YIPPEE!!!  The dogs and I are happy and I ca breathe. We like winter but not the ice. I think we may get one more day this week and then it will be gone. I hope to be very productive with domestic chores around here today and tomorrow. 

Jean--glad to hear the Midnight is recovering. I think our pets recover faster than we do, The worry seems to stay for a while until we finally can rest easy. We will continue to have our fingers and paws crossed for both of you.

Again--prayers and thoughts for Charlene and her husband.

I have the final signed returns to be sent to the accountant and taxes will be done for 2019. YIPPEE!!!  For the first time in years we are getting a return! It will be much needed for our new car fund for my husband. the fence fund and the floor fund. LOL  We have a few funds in this house and only one piggy bank. The poor thing is outnumbered. LOL

I watched Carolyn and part of garden day this morning. I refrained from ordering anything but did put a few items in my saved list. My garden items arrived yesterday from the $15 cataloge and they are decent. I need to finalize my plan for one last round of downsizing the gardens around the front and sides. I still haven't had that moment where you think--"that's what I really want to do with that spot"......yet.

There was a notice in our local paper that they are now going to have bow & arrow season for deer in the "public areas" to curb the population. There was zero description on their term "public area". I am not a fan of this especially since we are surrounded by woods. I will have to call or check the websites to see what the new interpretation is and what is legal or not. All I know is that I do not want to see a hunter outside one of my windows chasing deer into the woods. (like the other year)

Have a good afternoon/evening.  

Honored Contributor

oooh it just came to me.  I think the little animal in the NOVA special was a ferret.  I'll never know for sure because I'm not watching that part Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Oooh Fressa @Fressa  I'm not that crazy about hunting in general.  That said any time they propose bow hunting to thin out deer in my county I cringe.  I worry that inexperienced bow hunters will come out of the woodwork and do more harm that good.  Seeing what you saw outside of your window had to be traumatic.

Esteemed Contributor

Jean. I have been praying for you and Midnight.  I am glad that he got fluids and shots.  I know the feeling of getting too little sleep.  Last night I went to bed at 1:00 a.m. with too many things on my mind.

Linda L,  petite pants in D & Co. are still llong for me, but Van Heusen in "short" are perfect.  I get them at an outlet mall when we are on vacation since we don't them nearby.  Sad about the hospice  patient, but sending prayers for his wife.  It's good that you could get an oil change, wipers replaced & the noise taken care of.  We need A/C here usually from April -September because hot weather is my worst nightmare. It's a good thing that you could send the shoes back with free shipping.  I have trouble finding shoes because I need memory foam in all of them.

Bird Mama, how much snow did you get?  We didn't even get a ❄. I can't believe that March is almost here.  We have had a great winter so far.